You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
elblancogringo

Savage Battle - How do you like them?

Savage Battle - How do you like them?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this new event?

• What am I doing here instead of playing another savage battle?
    • I like it, it's fun!
    • Meh, it's ok, but could be better, nice enough for a refreshing change sometimes.
    • I don't like it, it's really not my cup of tea, other game modes are more appealing to me.
    • Savage battle are terrible! There are no CVs, how am I supposed to kill so many DDs??

93 comments in this topic

Players
1,135 posts
7,085 battles

I personnaly love them. I didn't have so much fun in a special event since halloween a couple years ago.

Love it! I want more of that, it's refreshing :)

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,112 posts
22,977 battles

We will see. I'll post my vote next week. Initially I am not too enthused about the idea tho. Reminds me of the "Torpedo beats"-thingy we had earlier and too hectic for my enjoyment (I'm already old lads => Slooowww). But lessee, I'll probably be tempted to try a couple of games once I'm sufficiently inebriated... Ehh,- I mean MOTIVATED enough, so either Friday or Saturday evening will be the likely times for my first offense(s) regarding this matter... :cap_horn:

giphy.gif

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,442 posts

Well.. I got bored fast.

Mostly I guess because I can't really play the same way as in other modes.. sound weird, right? But also because I feel I got shafted with them premium containers...

• Cool 1

[HNFC]
Players
243 posts
18,340 battles

Honestly, savage mode so far builds on every single aspect, save no CV presence, that I despise/hate/try to avoid in the game that is still called WoWS in 2019. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like this as an answer in one of the upcoming news bulletins:

- We understand you all are fed up with the approximately 50% winrate most of you are on in other modes. Winning once every 2 battles, regardless of what you do. We have confirmed through our data that the majority of players do not enjoy the excessive amount of free victories our game provides: Your wishes have been heard! We are proud to present our new, 25% winrate scheme! We understand that victories may still reach an alarmingly high rate in some instances, but most of you can now enjoy the thrill of letting others win 75% of the time!

- After extensive feedback, we have agreed that some of you are just too strong when playing alone. We understand the "git gud" factor present in some of your gameplays, and that in theory anyone may embark on this endeavour - but for now we would like to balance the all-too-common player skill of solo combatants with allowing divisions to join. Rest assured, this is for balancing-only reasons, and only those games will have divs included where our sophisticated MM detects a far too obvious result in favour of any single player. Fear not, this is not as bad as it sounds, as we have proof of divisions not influencing game outcomes in any form. Honestly, we have tried a match ourselves from the office on the test server! Igor got a disconnect, Boris couldn't move around and shoot with one hand due to a phonecall, and Stanislav got stuck on a texture bug within the first 2 minutes. See? That's all the proof you need.

- We understand that it's summer for you, and most of you will be going on holidays in july. Well, you should be more considerate about us, where do you think we're going?! The only tropical paradise we'll get to see this summer is the southeastern beach on two brothers (#nohomo, we mean the map). Lootboxes aren't really working anyways, so what better way to finally get ourselves some well-deserved cash than to create a shorter-than-a-month-long event, with a first-time-ever-reward of a T9 ship, with only a single day's allowance to miss gaming? Oh, c'mon! You know we're right! It is still so easy to obtain, never been any easier than this! Just open up a few premium containers, for just a few, nominal and metaphorical cents/pennies, and not only will you get all the missing fuel...you'll even get some expandable camo's! Seriously guys, we're this awesome, giving all this out for free, and you, while going on super-expensive holidays, can't even afford a breadcrumb's price to get your beloved trophies?! Do this, and you just have a few hundred battles to grind credits, nothing more, and there you have your superduper, one and only, t9 torpiespammie über dd! What else would you be wanting to do in the middle of summer, anyways? Go outside? Hahaha!

- Whaddya mean this is a remake of another event? When was the last time you could have a hobo water-balloon-fight? 4 teams! Cities! Cool graphix! Free prizes! Shuddup!

- Dynamo? Cherry Blossom? Roflstomp games? Steam Account-only benefits? CV's returning to co-ops as we have promised for this patch? Wut r u tookin aboot?

- P.S.: We even surprised you with our well-tested results from the test servers: CV's have been calibrated perfectly regarding the enourmous amount of inflowing data. This was made possible by us finally creating relevant test server missions regarding the CV's instead of brainlessly condemning our testing playerbase to pointless test-server ranked sprints.

We honestly do not understand you guys, all this crying!

(Honest P.S.: Not that I care any more about cv nerfs or buffs, what I do usually care about is hiding the true bonuses of the test server behind ranked "sprint"-walls, instead of using us as tools to test truly relevant issues. And the fact that summer holidays should not be used as a poor excuse to sell even more premium boxes. Disregarding the insane amount of grind required to get the Benham, and the massive loss rates, the mode itself is actually fun and refreshing after all other dulled aspects of WoWS. Won't be playing more than a few though - Benham can wait for a future doubloon discount after I get a few more supercontainers, lol.)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
273 posts
6,940 battles

eh, it's ok i guess but i surely won't play several hundred savage battles to get the benham. pretty "meh" in my book

Players
445 posts

Played for  afew hours last night, conclusion MEH Desperation !

No real skil or stragey required, spam your torps, just a rehash of the earlier space battle.

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,442 posts
23 minutes ago, Zieten said:

eh, it's ok i guess but i surely won't play several hundred savage battles to get the benham. pretty "meh" in my book

Not sure if the ship itself is 'meh'.. run into one in battle more of a 'pita' than 'meh' if you ask me, could be the player too, of course not just the ship. Still, not going to go to those sort of extremes, the payout seems worse than what's been the case in past events. (Not too happy about the Victory campaign either...)

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
273 posts
6,940 battles
Just now, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Not sure if the ship itself is 'meh'.. run into one in battle more of a 'pita' than 'meh' if you ask me, could be the player too, of course not just the ship. Still, not going to go to those sort of extremes, the payout seems worse than what's been the case in past events. (Not too happy about the Victory campaign either...)

i guess i worded that badly. the "meh" was about the game mode - the Benham in its current state is broken af :D if it was a more engaging event i would absolutely go for it.

[I-J-N]
Players
5,442 posts
7 minutes ago, Zieten said:

i guess i worded that badly. the "meh" was about the game mode - the Benham in its current state is broken af :D if it was a more engaging event i would absolutely go for it.

Ah.. okay.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Cosmetics: absolutely not my cup of tea, and that makes it so I don't even play the mode after the 1 battle I played yesterday

Gameplay: meh. Too arcade and too generic. It's intended to be a BR mode, and it's not even good at that.

• Cool 2

Players
1,872 posts
19,310 battles

Although im not a fan of the cosmetics im really enjoying the aggressive gameplay also there isn't any of the salt or temper tantrums you tend to find in random battles. Great for having a bit of fun and some really close knife fights.

• Cool 1

Players
2,669 posts
21,581 battles

I had a very hard time getting any wins on the Public test server. However, back then, it didn't occur to me to try communication with enemy teams and stir up some hate or temporary alliances. That could be a fun way to go which I shall certainly try.

The other offputting feature is of course the blatant sexism of the developers, introducing eight special event captains, only one of which is a woman. Guys. Really. After the equal opportunity Space Battles, we really seemed way past this. Now you're stepping back into the dark times again.

• Funny 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,799 posts
6,802 battles

To be honest - you need to spend enough time in the 'real' game in order to get stuff done, combined with limited available game time, means that 'curio' game modes have no interest for me. If I wanted to play some sort of 'Fantasy/sci-fi combat game I wouldn't be playing WoWs...

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,057 battles
1 hour ago, RAHJAILARI said:

We will see. I'll post my vote next week. Initially I am not too enthused about the idea tho. Reminds me of the "Torpedo beats"-thingy we had earlier and too hectic for my enjoyment (I'm already old lads => Slooowww). But lessee, I'll probably be tempted to try a couple of games once I'm sufficiently inebriated... Ehh,- I mean MOTIVATED enough, so either Friday or Saturday evening will be the likely times for my first offense(s) regarding this matter... :cap_horn:

giphy.gif

Where did you get that gif of @Bear_Necessities? 😱

• Funny 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,442 posts
4 minutes ago, philjd said:

To be honest - you need to spend enough time in the 'real' game in order to get stuff done, combined with limited available game time, means that 'curio' game modes have no interest for me. If I wanted to play some sort of 'Fantasy/sci-fi combat game I wouldn't be playing WoWs...

I quite liked the bathtub will little boats and ducks. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 3

Players
3,428 posts
17,047 battles

The directives are packed with ones which can only be done in Savage battles.

This is in direct contrast to directives which were active during the Submarines event, which only ever contained 1 or 2 in each set which were related to the Submarine mode.

If you don't like Savage battles you are screwed for the "big" rewards in this event - the Hill and Benham

Which means me!

The style, the OTT arcade nature, the attempt to force brawling upon the players and the mission design represent most of what I dislike about WoWS and the direction it is heading

In fact, for me Patch 0.8.5 is BY FAR the least appealing one that I've ever seen since I joined back in September 2015.

I'd go as far as to say that I actually hate it. :Smile-angry:

• Cool 6

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,799 posts
6,802 battles
3 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I quite liked the bathtub will little boats and ducks. :Smile_Default:

I missed that one, due to RL 'stuff' :)

Players
3,280 posts
19,937 battles

Hated the space torpedo beat battles, so I'm not going to bother. I play this game to get immersed and be wowed by the steel beasts from the WW1 and 2 era.

People who want to play scifi, cyberpunk or fantasy games should go play scifi, fantasy or cyberpunk games. People who want fast action paced noscope gameplay, please go play one of the gazillion FPS shooters thats out there. I really dislike this soup of bad gameplay covered with kinda okay grafics.

• Cool 3

Players
1,135 posts
7,085 battles

I'm surprised to see so many negative comments. It's very different from the torpedo beat space battles of last time imo, and playing in division with teammates to surround the enemy and cross torp at close range is hilarious.

I'm the kind of guy who is easily quite salty in random battles but I was just laughing when deleted in savage battles.

If you hesitate whatever reason give it a try you might enjoy it.

• Cool 1

[BIF]
Players
372 posts
5,162 battles

I liked Torpedo beat, but this battle royale stuff is not for me, so i pass . Since i dont wanna spend any money on crates, this means no Benham for me. However, i am pretty sure Benham gonna be on sale later in shop, in case i need it ( which i really doubt ). I have a feeling WG wont remove a ship forever after the event, when they could sell it for 60-70 USD for people who didnt got her.

Edited by K82J
Typo
  • Cool 1

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles

I'm enjoying them, I met a viking while playing and we were in a div for hours just sailing around having top notch post apocalyptic bantz taking the occasional break to mercilessly murder packs of enemy DDs in a high speed energetic close range contest of skill with absolutely no luck involved at all. The SFX and VFX are amazing and the map design is perfect for the game mode. My only complaint is that the East and West spawns always seem to hit the outer buffs before the North and South teams by about 3-5km which means that the combat starts just after the E/W teams have collected the buffs.

Edit: is there a way to check your WR for this game mode?

• Cool 1

Players
3,081 posts
17,441 battles

Awful. Infuriating. Frustrating.

I mean, why have an average winchance of 50% if you can drop it to 25% for even more :etc_swear: frustration and re-use an event from 3 months ago to save programming to boot?

Inb4 FFA halloween Battle royale with 3 types of DDs and an 8% average chance to win. :Smile_medal:'

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,721 posts
21,070 battles

It's a horrible mode made by people who didn't realize that the battle royale train left the station last year.

It's boring, brings nothing positive to table, and looks ugly as hell.

WG has become lazy and cheap when it comes to events, they keep  doing boring grinds.

• Cool 3

Players
3,081 posts
17,441 battles
1 hour ago, elblancogringo said:

I'm surprised to see so many negative comments. It's very different from the torpedo beat space battles of last time imo, and playing in division with teammates to surround the enemy and cross torp at close range is hilarious.

I'm the kind of guy who is easily quite salty in random battles but I was just laughing when deleted in savage battles.

If you hesitate whatever reason give it a try you might enjoy it.

Is it hard to understand that losing isn't fun? 

Played 8 frustrating games (all with >1 kill) before finally winning just one measly battle yesterday. And that is just barely below average!:Smile-angry:

Also it is a worse copy paste of the Space event, which everyone played very recently. Lazy job as hell.

Just give us back arms race instead! :cap_rambo:

• Cool 6

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,458 posts
8,585 battles

I do think they make for a Nice Change of Pace.

But I also would not want this kind of Mode Permanently.

Its a Fun Minigame. But it is only that. A Minigame.

I will Level the Remaining DDs and do the Event Challenges for the Fuel Marks.

Otherwise I would likely not bother too much with the Event.

I would rather See 20 vs 20 Games in the Future.

Than Seeing Battle Royale.

Or Nation vs Nation Games. Would also be Nice for an Event :)

• Cool 2