You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Teogr8

OH look what WG inspired

33 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
Players
3,002 posts
14,566 battles

why do they have to remake the old classics? hard to see how it's going to be better than the original film...

• Cool 3

[I-J-N]
Players
5,451 posts
10 minutes ago, Salentine said:

why do they have to remake the old classics? hard to see how it's going to be better than the original film...

4 minutes ago, PonyOnSteroids said:

Damn does CGI looks .... well CGI. God, bless Tora Tora Tora.

They could just upgrade the special effects (even if that is needed). But.. we all know why they make remakes, don't we?

Players
445 posts

Does the AA, bombs and torps actually do the damage and real characteristics, or did they just ask WG to do the rendering, make it as they go along, make a dogs dinner of it all and then try multiple patches, with the associated system failures, while offering everybody a bland tastless ice cream as compensation ?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[I-J-N]
Players
5,451 posts
1 minute ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Besides, have anyone of you seen this (my favourite)

maxresdefault.jpg

Not all of it but planning to. Amazing how they built so much of it on set, one side which was then reversed IIRC. The superstructure is CGI.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
18 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

maxresdefault.jpg

I watched it after I bought the movie on DVD years ago. It's pretty good.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,800 posts
6,831 battles
18 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Watched it on DVD in Kawanishii way back when - rented from the japanese equivalent of Blockbusters :)

Excellent film.

Players
1,856 posts
3,537 battles

Have you watched this movie? (maybe not as good as the Yamato, but i think still watchable) - Eien no Zero (Eternal Zero)

locandina.jpg

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,800 posts
6,831 battles
38 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Have you watched this movie? (maybe not as good as the Yamato, but i think still watchable) - Eien no Zero (Eternal Zero)

locandina.jpg

Not that one (yet), but try this one, if not already done:-

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
275 posts
11,218 battles
3 hours ago, Teogr8 said:

All thnx to the amazing cv rework

If only they would have attacked after 0.8.5 AA buff.... Japs would be crying now.

Anyways, would like to see this movie.

• Funny 3

Players
1,856 posts
3,537 battles
2 minuti fa, philjd ha scritto:

Not that one (yet), but try this one, if not already done:-

I heard of it, but i don't know why i haven't searched it. My bad. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,856 posts
3,537 battles
17 minuti fa, Fatal_Ramses ha scritto:

30min of bad CGI and 60min of human relationship drama Hollywood knows we love......

It's like with Pearl Harbor (2001), were, it was done well, but the acutal thing was like 30min and the rest was basically something we didn't care in a movie like that. And the fact that you can see it up to a mile that they use a Nimitz class carrier is... :cap_wander::cap_fainting:

Also, it would be nice if WG adds other unique commanders like Chūichi Nagumo, Chester Nimitz, Tamon Yamaguchi, Raymond Spruance, Frank Fletcher, and my second favourite (Isoroku Yamamoto is my favourite, he's just awesome)

Admiral Tōgō Heihachirō

Togo_Heihachiro_in_uniform.jpg

I mean, we have Mikasa, why can't we have her commander too:cap_like:.

• Cool 5

Players
441 posts
3,927 battles
4 hours ago, Salentine said:

I don't think the original was up to much. A bit of a plodder, IMHO. That said, you could be right - judging by the trailer, this new film probably won't be any better than the original.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,620 posts
16,644 battles

Hi all,

5 hours ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Yep... when it was released... :Smile_great:

I also watched all other new Japanese WW2 movies... well worth watching... :Smile_honoring:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
19,920 battles

@wot_2016_gunner There is the problem of the name of Guy Gibson's dog, but on the other hand the Dambusters were who sank the Tirpitz, though as the Fjord was shallow enough part of the deck was still above water there were Royal Navy officers who (allegedly) claimed it didn't count. As to 633 Squadron I do think it would be a nasty surprise for Flambass when he goes middle on Two Brothers if the Indomitable's Sea Hornets could emulate their older cousins and bring a chunk of the mountain down onto him below.

• Cool 1

Players
2,670 posts
21,581 battles
Am 28.6.2019 um 16:06, Salentine sagte:

hard to see how it's going to be better than the original film...

That's what I usually think, but here I have to disagree. The 70s Midway was poor on the action, historical accuracy... reused lots of combat footage from other movies... It could (theoretically) be really great. Eternal Zero from the other side. Complementing each other like Flags of our Fathers / Letters from Iwo Jima.

The problem here is it's another Roland Emmerich project, and that guy is a) a cheapskate (so I can see him doing exactly the same thing, reusing CGI shots from Pearl Harbour etc) and b) he's a notorious hack and wannabe Michael Bay. So it's gonna be as bad as Pearl Harbour in the exact same ways. If not worse. After all, he isn't getting any younger or less greedy.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,932 posts
19,513 battles
45 minutes ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

That's what I usually think, but here I have to disagree. The 70s Midway was poor on the action, historical accuracy... reused lots of combat footage from other movies... It could (theoretically) be really great. Eternal Zero from the other side. Complementing each other like Flags of our Fathers / Letters from Iwo Jima.

The problem here is it's another Roland Emmerich project, and that guy is a) a cheapskate (so I can see him doing exactly the same thing, reusing CGI shots from Pearl Harbour etc, and b) he's a notorious hack and wannabe Michael Bay. So it's gonna be as bad as Pearl Harbour in the exact same ways. If not worse. After all, he isn't getting any younger or less greedy.

I hope they adhere to historical accuracy .. or at least more than Bay did

Players
3,431 posts

Film looks interesting, one I would like to see. These clips led me to YouTube, where I have been engrossed for the past hour of the sinking of the Yamato.

I won't post it here as it is a long vid

• Cool 1