Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AssasinCreeper5

Idea for TB heal

9 comments in this topic

Players
47 posts
2,529 battles

Since the TB heal is now pretty useless since the 8.5 AA changes I have come up with an idea for a replacement consumable.

”Reserve Boost”:

This will replace shot down planes by fast tracking planes on the deck in reserve and flying it out to your squadron.

e.g  HMS Furious 2 out of 6 TB’s are shot down, 2 more are in the deck in reserve. Activation of this Consumable will fly out the reserve planes that are available and will arrive at your squadron in 5-10 seconds. This prevents its from being used as a panic button. This of course will set the amount of reserve planes on the deck to 0.

Let me know what you think. This is just an idea after all

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
19,982 battles

Interesting idea.

Would need exploring and careful testing to find any unexpected consequences, which means that WG will put it in the next patch! 

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles

I don't play CVs so I don't know if it's a good idea in context but from a purely objective point of view I'd say it sounds like it could work, it's a new mechanic with its own utilities and drawbacks, it doesn't seem outrageously overpowered and it could be useful in some situations.

I'd suggest putting this in the CV rework discussion thread as an idea for the dev team to pick up, but you could wait until you get some feedback from this thread so you can refine the idea as more knowledgeable players than me chime in.

Players
47 posts
2,529 battles
11 minutes ago, Caughtintherain said:

I don't play CVs so I don't know if it's a good idea in context but from a purely objective point of view I'd say it sounds like it could work, it's a new mechanic with its own utilities and drawbacks, it doesn't seem outrageously overpowered and it could be useful in some situations.

I'd suggest putting this in the CV rework discussion thread as an idea for the dev team to pick up, but you could wait until you get some feedback from this thread so you can refine the idea as more knowledgeable players than me chime in.

Sure sounds like a plan

Players
10,216 posts
11,992 battles

I don't really see it working as remote plane replacement. If I'm losing planes then I'm already within AA and 5-10s or whatever delay might be longer than squadron lives on.

On other hand I'd like to see CV "consumable" allowing to bring off map plane reinforcements which can be intercepted en route. Maybe as replacement to TB Heal, maybe replacement to plane replenishment even depending how many players would be restored.

For early spotting issue, CV could start outside of the map, lets say 8-10km away from the border with autopilot set to enter battlefield at lets say, 6min mark. Which obviously would extend CV reaction time early on.

That or simply keep CV hull off map, if all surface ships die, team loses regardless of CV.

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
9 minutes ago, Panocek said:

That or simply keep CV hull off map, if all surface ships die, team loses regardless of CV.

I hope they don't do this. I'm not a fan of CV players but winning a 3v1 in a CV by taking down a DD, a BB, then capping is one of the few legit aspects of fun I see CVs having.

Players
10,216 posts
11,992 battles
22 minutes ago, Caughtintherain said:

I hope they don't do this. I'm not a fan of CV players but winning a 3v1 in a CV by taking down a DD, a BB, then capping is one of the few legit aspects of fun I see CVs having.

you see, this is the problem. Fun is not allowed:Smile_trollface:

[THESO]
Players
613 posts
12,192 battles
1 hour ago, AssasinCreeper5 said:

Since the TB heal is now pretty useless since the 8.5 AA changes I have come up with an idea for a replacement consumable.

There's no reason to get rid of the TB heal. Players are used to it, and it can be fixed. I can think of two obvious ways:

1. Pressing T would give immunity to AA for a short time. 
  2. Pressing T would, for a short time, change the way AA damage is applied to one plane at a time. Instead of bringing the planes' HP to 0 % one at a time, bring the HP down to for example 25 % one at a time. The AA would then finish off these damaged planes last. 

2 might be pretty good. The surface ship would still get the AA damage, but for that short while not the kills. The CV player could use the consumable to occasionally "cheat the system", in a reasonably intuitive way. When using the consumable, you would have the possibility of escaping with a number of damaged planes.

Edit: Neither of these are really "heals" though... Most likely the consumable has to be renamed in any case.

Players
47 posts
2,529 battles
3 hours ago, asalonen said:

There's no reason to get rid of the TB heal. Players are used to it, and it can be fixed. I can think of two obvious ways:

1. Pressing T would give immunity to AA for a short time. 
  2. Pressing T would, for a short time, change the way AA damage is applied to one plane at a time. Instead of bringing the planes' HP to 0 % one at a time, bring the HP down to for example 25 % one at a time. The AA would then finish off these damaged planes last. 

2 might be pretty good. The surface ship would still get the AA damage, but for that short while not the kills. The CV player could use the consumable to occasionally "cheat the system", in a reasonably intuitive way. When using the consumable, you would have the possibility of escaping with a number of damaged planes.

Edit: Neither of these are really "heals" though... Most likely the consumable has to be renamed in any case.

Seems like an interesting alternative. Thanks 

Sign in to follow this