You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bear__Necessities

The return of the DD’s. Well, the bad ones anyway

67 comments in this topic

Players
3,531 posts
14,236 battles

So, though this is only how I found yesterday post AA change and it will of course have personal bias.

...All the bad players who played DD’s and ran away scared seem to have come back in force. So many many bad DD players yesterday. I may have got unlucky in a games myself, but still. So many making basic mistakes. Without CV’s being in games. So they can’t even blame it on that. DD’s are back to yolo’ing caps surrounded by radar. An Asasshio tried to torp rush me when I was in a DD myself. A Kagero rushing a Lo-Yang in smoke and then moaning in chat about how he was spotted. (Lo-Yang laughed in chat as he pointed out hydro was running).

I never realised how the CV rework kept in check all the DD potato’s. Dear lord... so so many.

Saying that. Pulled some excellent results games farming these fools in my DD’s and Enterprise.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 8

[ROT8]
Players
2,732 posts
19 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

DD’s are back to yolo’ing caps surrounded by radar. An Asasshio tried to torp rush me when I was in a DD myself. A Kagero rushing a Lo-Yang in smoke and then moaning in chat about how he was spotted. (Lo-Yang laughed in chat as he pointed out hydro was running).

Spuds play the same way in randoms as they do in COOP, rush in trying to get the kills first. :Smile_sceptic:

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,192 posts
11,285 battles
1 hour ago, Bear_Necessities said:

DD’s are back to yolo’ing caps surrounded by radar. An Asasshio tried to torp rush me when I was in a DD myself. A Kagero rushing a Lo-Yang in smoke and then moaning in chat about how he was spotted.

so our good old game is back.. eh?

:)

• Funny 2

Players
160 posts
21,591 battles

A yueyang just tried to torp rush me in a daring......it ended as you’d expect.

i mean how for the love of god do you get to T10 in a PA dd and not figure this crap out?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
275 posts
11,231 battles

I've been saying thi since cv rework - it's not the CVs fault it's playerbase.

• Cool 10

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 hour ago, Bear_Necessities said:

So, though this is only how I found yesterday post AA change and it will of course have personal bias.

...All the bad players who played DD’s and ran away scared seem to have come back in force. So many many bad DD players yesterday. I may have got unlucky in a games myself, but still. So many making basic mistakes. Without CV’s being in games. So they can’t even blame it on that. DD’s are back to yolo’ing caps surrounded by radar. An Asasshio tried to torp rush me when I was in a DD myself. A Kagero rushing a Lo-Yang in smoke and then moaning in chat about how he was spotted. (Lo-Yang laughed in chat as he pointed out hydro was running).

I never realised how the CV rework kept in check all the DD potato’s. Dear lord... so so many.

Saying that. Pulled some excellent results games farming these fools in my DD’s and Enterprise.

100% WR yesterday in like 10 games. I like this new patch. We are back in business farming extremely bad positioned peoples who thinks they are "flanking", scouting and so on. 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
846 posts
33 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

so our good old game is back.. eh?

:)

Back to camping also :fish_sleep:

[NWP]
Players
1,388 posts
11,320 battles

So what now? My Grozovoi will be effective against CV? LOL

or she will be a DD hunter again?

Nahhhh...just see now how DDs will be less.

Current AA meta makes CVs lose planes, so early match they will adapt and go against DDs that have weak AA.

They will wait for mid to late when AA mounts are damaged and more ships are "lonely"

As DDs have adapted now CVs will adapt

• Cool 2

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
31 minutes ago, Asakka said:

How you mean lacto to camping? Camping never stopped but reason was - there is big bad CV in game. 

Now we will have just some other excuse. I did not rank, my clan is in potato league, I can not grind new t9 premiums......insert random whine 

• Cool 2

[BBMM]
Players
6,376 posts
8,565 battles
19 minutes ago, Saltface said:

They will wait for mid to late when AA mounts are damaged and more ships are "lonely"

Better have patience then... all games yesterday ended in under 10 minutes.

Most ended in 5... what late game? :Smile_trollface:

[SHAFT]
Players
11,102 posts
9,497 battles

Worst class yesterday by a long shot: BBs - not even a contest. They were so incredibly useless :cap_fainting:

Ofc there was some "funny" (aka stupid) DD stuff aswell:

- Khaba rushes cap, TORPS ! a Benson... but gets torped aswell in return.

- Kagero camps behind our BBs in spawn, says he cant advance because he doesnt have smoke. Asked, why he plays like that, tells us, thats the way to do it. Eats 2 spotted torps from a Kitakaze, which even i managed to dodge while playing Musashi :fish_palm:

- Daring not shooting other DDs

Oh and one game only DD AFK and CV too. Basicly doomed from the start.

• Funny 9

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,192 posts
11,285 battles
1 hour ago, Asakka said:

the only thing I know,

as a player, I started to have more fun again,

and my harugumo is so happy to be sailing again.

I'm not seeing too many CVs, not only after the latest update, but since the last month.

Especially at tier 10.. like 1 in every 5 mathces..

and that 1 match is actually a change of pace and a good, intense fun.

Getting chased by the CV,

screaming towards the end of a winning game with 1.2K health "I'M STILL ALIVE YOU FLYING NICE PERSON!"

no sarcasm.. it turns into a cat-mouse game.. and I like it.. 1 in every 5 battles anyway :)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
3,138 posts
11,239 battles
50 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Worst class yesterday by a long shot: BBs - not even a contest. They were so incredibly useless :cap_fainting:

Thought the same thing!!!

Shocking. Really really shocking.

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,631 posts
13,493 battles
22 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

the only thing I know,

as a player, I started to have more fun again,

and my harugumo is so happy to be sailing again.

As someone who is heavily in favour of having CVs in the game (does not mean the current iteration of them) - let me tell you that it is idiotic that they became an anti-DD tool in the first place, a class that has the least health, often no heal, and barely any AA and depends on stealth.

But if you find it fun to have games without carriers, then have fun in world of bowcamping battleships, where some of them (cough kreml) are barely to be hurted like that.

• Cool 6

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,192 posts
11,285 battles
7 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

As someone who is heavily in favour of having CVs in the game (does not mean the current iteration of them) - let me tell you that it is idiotic that they became an anti-DD tool in the first place, a class that has the least health, often no heal, and barely any AA and depends on stealth.

But if you find it fun to have games without carriers, then have fun in world of bowcamping battleships, where some of them (cough kreml) are barely to be hurted like that.

Since I love playing DDs :)
yeah.. bow tanking BBs are not my issue,
actually I usually have fun when there is a CV in the game, when I'm in a DD.
but that is a very different game than a No CV game in a DD..
It is more intense, more exitement/anxiety, sometimes more joy/frustration
but If you get it in every match, it becomes tedious..
sometimes you just want to sit in your smoke and rain hell on that bow tanking helpless kremlin :)

or even without smoke, kite in your kita.. and let them roast!

• Cool 1

Players
10,222 posts
11,997 battles
2 hours ago, The_Finnster said:

A yueyang just tried to torp rush me in a daring......it ended as you’d expect.

i mean how for the love of god do you get to T10 in a PA dd and not figure this crap out?

All you need to do to get tier 10 is to press "battle" enough times...

[SHAFT]
Players
11,102 posts
9,497 battles
9 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Imo the worst thing is, when i was playing BB i usually had the least issues with CVs. You can ignore them most of the time, because you dont care for being spotted too much, and even the damage you receive is not always as punishing compared to Cruisers or DDs. And if a CV is spotted, BBs can punish it... unlike Cruisers, which have a real hard time against those new CVs imo (well, the TX ones). HE shatters, AP bounces if angled, and fires wont do anything.

I didnt even bother swapping Spotter plane from my BBs, just dont present yourself on a silver plate (which you dont have to anyway), and CV will do something else. Many CVs go for DDs first, others take out island camping Cruisers. If you have suicidal / lonely BBs on your team, then CVs might go for that.

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
3,116 posts
23,131 battles
4 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Yes, it's been good fun for me too the last couple of weeks. I decided to switch from my usual Cruiser-heavy gameplay to playing more DD's for a while just to see, if it really is so impossible as claimed. Well, nopes. I had many, many good games and quite a decent WR to boot the whole time. I even had games in my TRB (non-smoker) DD's (Shiratsuy, Kagerou and Yugumo) only to make sure it was't a fluke and still had no troubles whatsoever. I was only killed by a CV once (out of roughly 30-40 DD games played) and managed to kill a CV twice myself in return. So frankly I'm beginning to think the whole panic was for nothing. DD's are still perfectly viable to play provided you don't do anything extremely stupid. But then again that kinda thing is liable to get you killed even without any CV's in game, so there. Oh yeah and in case anyone is wondering yes - We did have at the least 1 CV in nearly every game, sometimes 2.:cap_old:

As a cherry on top, I even managed to shoot down an airplane with my Fujin's paltry AA (I think only Arkansas Beta and Dreadnought have it worse?) for the first time ever (don't even ask, I don't know how that happened) ! :cap_wander:

But yeah, there seems to be awful lot of potatoes. In one game we lost all other 3 DD's (who had Lemminged to the same cap and were supposedly going to take it easy by sheer numbers) immediately at first contact with the enemy. I suspect they all stopped sit in their smokes and got torp'd or some such - Not sure since they were at B and I went to C cap myself. In any case within 2 minutes of game start I was the only DD left. WTF?! :cap_wander_2:

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,057 battles

I've been waiting for this moment.

Only one CV in about 8 games last night, which meant I could actually take the DDs out for the first time in a while. First game, me (Cossack) and @Bear_Necessities (Kiev) decide to bully a cap, kagero blunders in and we annihilate it, take a small amount of fire from other ships but nothing we can't handle. Go on to win, easily, top of the leaderboard. BBs all blundering around not.sure what to do.now that DDs are free to roam again. It was glorious :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,631 posts
13,493 battles
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

I didnt even bother swapping Spotter plane from my BBs, just dont present yourself on a silver plate (which you dont have to anyway), and CV will do something else. Many CVs go for DDs first, others take out island camping Cruisers. If you have suicidal / lonely BBs on your team, then CVs might go for that.

Yup.

BBs are seldom on the very frontline, cause they have range, and are often together with another masterrace. Combine that with glorious fighter plane that respawns every minute, and you have - as @El2aZeR has pointed out often by now, the best AA platform in the game.

Who often is somewhat lonely cause they need to cap? Yeah, the underage boats.

Who often needs to go more forward cause they don't have masterrace gunrange and are somewhat forced to hug islands cause 5 masterraces per game? Yeah, the cruisers, the class that should be the primary candidate for AA.

With the latest AA "patch" this has only gotten worse. Kreml has become near untouchable, except for haku AP. You want to go with torps against BBs - sure, you can do a few hits, maybe a flooding that has become totally irrelevant, and by then you either withdraw your planes or lose them all. Solution, go for DDs even more, especially uptiered CVs will have zero options besides hunting DDs, certainly in early game.

Just as intended.

• Cool 3

Players
3,437 posts

I had some DD games last night with a pair of forumites, as usual I died due to bad luck, or maybes something else, can't remember if there were any CV's,it is usually the red DD's and the rest of their fleet which is my problem:Smile_teethhappy:

Oh how I wish DD's had radar.

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,057 battles
1 minute ago, NoobySkooby said:

I had some DD games last night with a pair of forumites, as usual I died due to bad luck, or maybes something else, can't remember if there were any CV's,it is usually the red DD's and the rest of their fleet which is my problem:Smile_teethhappy:

High tier (8-10) PA DDs do, or USS Black.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,116 posts
23,131 battles
8 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Weel, save your Iron - Ups, steel and get Black... Problem solved! I think some Pan/Asian high tiers also have one. :Smile_Default:

[SM0KE]
Players
6,186 posts
14,684 battles
11 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Ok the PA DD's, my next line to grind

The only snag with the PA DDs is that you have to give up the smoke to get radar; how useful it is varies a lot, and depends a bit on favoured play-style...

• Cool 1