Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PattonsBest

Time to move on

13 comments in this topic

Players
6 posts
1,344 battles

I have been playing wargaming wot, wowp and wows for over 6 years- periodically pretty intense. It is now time to say goodbye. It has been lots of fun in the beginning, but every patch that has come out has made the game more and more remote from what i personally like with a wargame.

In wot it has become a advertizing smapping hell just to login, with cheapskate offers noone wants. Pro russian with russian texts everywhere. Long live Russia ehh? ..after 5 yrs i gave up, all my nice tanks were nerfed over and over and in the end it is a game iwh light-med ufo-tanks driving circles around. Perhaps fun for some scifi pro-russians but, no thanks not for me. Along with lots of other things i was done permanently with it.

In wowp it was really fun the 1st year. Then it basically died about the same time they introduced fake-bots with human names. A discrace. Later every patch made the game more and more remote from airplanes and dogfightning, it became a circus of bot-swarms. I am surprosed the game even exists still, it is utterly boring and lonely.

In wows it was also very fun up until about they introduced all these ufo-fantasy op ships that again put more distance from anything historical. I had a blast discovering the new CV rework and returned and played intensively. Then the nerfing of the CV began with every patch, and when the Russian Battleships arrived the game was more or less destroyed for me. Now i loginto a such a pro-russian game i just cant stand it. In my last game i had 80 airplanes shot down in a match vs a tier x russian BB. He had no support. A fantasy ship of doom. Hooray for russky yeah but not my cup of tea.

Initially this was a game where one could reimage some historical feel of ww1 and ww2 battles mainly with us and jap ships and i loved it. Now it is just another pro-russian scifi-game as all the other titles. 

So good luck wargaming, i think all your games feels really old, and truthfully boring. I am just so sad i have spent all money on thi only to be frauded with propaganda of how great russia are in planes, tanks and now ships. Truly how wrong this can be. Russian ships was historically such disasters after disasters i just laugh at it.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,430 battles

1344, we will see...

Spoiler

image.png.ebc9fe44b2e355bd589b80551127d8ca.png

[DREAD]
Players
10,245 posts
7,169 battles
6 hours ago, PattonsBest said:

I have been playing wargaming wot, wowp and wows for over 6 years- periodically pretty intense. It is now time to say goodbye. It has been lots of fun in the beginning, but every patch that has come out has made the game more and more remote from what i personally like with a wargame.

In wot it has become a advertizing smapping hell just to login, with cheapskate offers noone wants. Pro russian with russian texts everywhere. Long live Russia ehh? ..after 5 yrs i gave up, all my nice tanks were nerfed over and over and in the end it is a game iwh light-med ufo-tanks driving circles around. Perhaps fun for some scifi pro-russians but, no thanks not for me. Along with lots of other things i was done permanently with it.

In wowp it was really fun the 1st year. Then it basically died about the same time they introduced fake-bots with human names. A discrace. Later every patch made the game more and more remote from airplanes and dogfightning, it became a circus of bot-swarms. I am surprosed the game even exists still, it is utterly boring and lonely.

In wows it was also very fun up until about they introduced all these ufo-fantasy op ships that again put more distance from anything historical. I had a blast discovering the new CV rework and returned and played intensively. Then the nerfing of the CV began with every patch, and when the Russian Battleships arrived the game was more or less destroyed for me. Now i loginto a such a pro-russian game i just cant stand it. In my last game i had 80 airplanes shot down in a match vs a tier x russian BB. He had no support. A fantasy ship of doom. Hooray for russky yeah but not my cup of tea.

Initially this was a game where one could reimage some historical feel of ww1 and ww2 battles mainly with us and jap ships and i loved it. Now it is just another pro-russian scifi-game as all the other titles. 

So good luck wargaming, i think all your games feels really old, and truthfully boring. I am just so sad i have spent all money on thi only to be frauded with propaganda of how great russia are in planes, tanks and now ships. Truly how wrong this can be. Russian ships was historically such disasters after disasters i just laugh at it.

Indeed.  WG is on a bad track now. Let’s see if they can turn it around once more. 

• Cool 5

Players
1,301 posts
19,608 battles

Mate, just leave, you don't have to write posts about it.

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Players
514 posts
13,180 battles

I often wonder at the need to vent about the game, I left WOT without a backward glance, it doesn't matter just move on. To be fair OP you just leave yourself open to abuse moaning about the game, we all know it sucks in various departments but it's the only decent game of its type.  Don't worry if I have picked up on anything on these forums it's the fact when something else comes along to replace it WOWS will die off.......until then.

• Cool 1

Players
1,301 posts
19,608 battles

oh, also, great example of how poor job mods are doing...

Closing CV threads even tho some of them contain good, quality ideas and discussions, but leaving topics like this one, that has nothing to do with game play, open

Well done :Smile_medal:

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

I like this rogue event. It is very fast and fun. 

Everybody gets tired by game. No need for topics on forum. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,192 posts
11,296 battles
1 hour ago, SirBlemmingtonSmythe said:

I often wonder at the need to vent about the game, I left WOT without a backward glance, it doesn't matter just move on.

This is the perfect advice for you OP,

1 hour ago, quickr said:

oh, also, great example of how poor job mods are doing...

Mate, its been posted in the middle of the night :)
cannot read them all at once..

Anyway,

since this is a goodbye message,

no replies required and past experiences tell me that with every reply this will go deeper and deeper into the mud.

I'm gonna lock the topic, and If anybody wants to say goodbye to the OP,

Please click on "Cool"

Gd'day!

• Cool 5