Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Chips_uk

Any chance of making Karma -1 informative/useful?

4 comments in this topic

Question

[TSSU]
Players
166 posts

Karma +1 you get told (sometimes by players) and you know which game broadly due to the notification at the end, and from within the notification panel history. It can therefore be useful to give/receive - a sort of reinforcement learning feedback, as you know your actions in prior game were appreciated and hopefully it helps shape your behaviour/gameplay. Sadly you don't know what reason they gave for the +1 for, but it's a start. 

The -1? You've no idea who, when, or why, which game, what reason, whether they were your team or enemy. So what's the point? You CANNOT learn from receiving a -1, it serves no purpose other than letting the person handing them out think they're GAINING something against you for doing it. If that's the purpose then fine, I'm neither going to bother looking at it again, nor hand it out as it's just entirely useless - though it's irritating you can't avoid it as it's displayed whenever you access your menu. 

So, is there any intent to make it something useful that you can actually understand the reasoning of - where you see which game you got the -1 from, how many you received, which team (your own or opposition), and the reason? 

Currently it just feels like a half finished redundant addition that was abandoned rather than finished (whether it actually serves it's purpose by giving people a vent method perhaps?), but it could at least prove of some use to receive -1 if you know when/why/which team (as if you win and its the enemy handing them out - oh well, just sour grapes i guess). 

3 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,682 posts
14,147 battles

Just make some flash cards of your own and draw them at random when you get reported, here are some ideas;

• You smoked me up and now I can't see the enemy.
  • You didnt smoke me up and I died.
  • You spawned on the wrong side of the map.
  • You won that close quarters encounter but I was salty about it anyway.
  • You overmatched my bow which is HACKING.
  • You're in a CV on the enemy team.
  • You're in a CV on my own team but that means you're part of the problem.
  • You shot at me over an island and you weren't spotted so I couldn't shoot back.
  • You didn't follow me when I suicided into the enemy so my death is your fault.
  • Your username offends me.
  • I had bad fire RNG when shooting at you.
  • You radared me which is HACKING.
  • You killed me in an underpowered ship so obviously you're a lucksack.
  • You killed me in an overpowered ship so obviously you've got no personal skill.
  • You honked your horn at me, which is unacceptable no matter the circumstance.
  • You detonated me so F you.
  • You're in a division which is basically HACKING.
  • I've got to use my daily reports on someone.
  • Funny 3

[TSSU]
Players
166 posts

Is there any effect of -1 and the cumulative total? Wondering as it's far easier to get a ton of -1 for doing well, doing bad, criticising crap players, admitting you played crap... etc than getting 5-7 kills and 200+k dmg.

Just wanting to know if there's any point in actually behaving whatsoever. It doesn't feel likeit.

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,682 posts
14,147 battles

Well, of course complimenting someone gives +1 karma and reporting someone gives -1, though you can never go below 0. High karma increases the number of reports you can give on a daily basis.

Otherwise, not really. You can't even view other peoples karma or anything, its just for you.

Sign in to follow this