You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
GulvkluderGuld

Uptiered CV Implacable = Unplayable. GJ WG.

37 comments in this topic

Players
3,102 posts
17,564 battles

Missing the last 100k XP to unlock the tier X Audacious so I tried 2 games in Implacable.

One tier 9 game got me som 70-80k damage, mostly because the red team spread out all by themselves.

One tier 10 game 32k with enemy team staying together.

RN has no reserves (1½ squad on deck using 2 mil module) and insanely long regeneration rate (80s ish per plane).

Reserves last for something like 3 drops with each type since each drop costs at least 2 planes going in + usually 2 planes doing the drop.

Using slingshot with TBs is not really possible and those are the main damage dealers of the RN.

DBs work to an extent (they can slingshot drop), but it's a oneway mission.

Result is CV is reduced to a spotting bot in uptiered games. Wouldnt surprise me if we start seing a lot less CVs and even AFK CVs. 

I havn't tried my Haku or Midway yet. 

How are  you impressions?

• Cool 6

[NKK]
Beta Tester
875 posts
10,734 battles

My impressions are that my CVs will stay in port for the time being.

• Cool 8

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles

MM for carriers is so broken.

With the  prominence of premiums in T9/10 games it is very frustrating trying to get any sort of headway.

I've just come back from a week’s holiday and played three games (Kaga/Shoku/Lexi) and got uptiered every time.

Don't get too excited by getting Audacious, it’s very weak until you get all the upgrades and even then not great.

• Cool 3

Players
3,439 posts

The OP is right, there are less and less CV's in game now, GZ, Implacable, Saipan, not worth playing, anymore, so in essence WG do a CV rework, then bodge it all up, back to your fave BB's  guys

• Cool 5

Players
3,102 posts
17,564 battles

Used to have purple stats in the Implacable prior to rework.

Although I'm not a unicum player, this very far outside the norm of my stats (small sample size) 

image.thumb.png.ff386695feaea347b0d5c172ac137d2a.png

3rd game, also tier X, worst game EVER in reworked CVS. (lost, 9 min stomp). 

image.thumb.png.acfbc470dc75ffaf476f4bb7c71bdf4e.png

On the plus side, DDs should now be playable again because CVs will go back to extinction :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
10,223 posts
12,008 battles

T8 CV in T10 game is reduced into pretty much spotting utensil, especially when enemy team refuses to unblob themselves. Attacks on singled out targets are doable, but expect casualties. A lot.

Just now, GulvkluderGuld said:

On the plus side, DDs should now be playable again because CVs will go back to extinction :Smile_trollface:

Wrong. They will solely focus on molesting underage botes:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
3,102 posts
17,564 battles
8 minutes ago, gustywinds said:

Don't get too excited by getting Audacious, it’s very weak until you get all the upgrades and even then not great.

It is the only Tier X CV I'm missing, and tbh RN is nothing to write home about. Only getting it for collection purposes. 

I much perfer the surgical scapel of the Hakuruy.

4 minutes ago, Panocek said:

T8 CV in T10 game is reduced into pretty much spotting utensil, especially when enemy team refuses to unblob themselves. Attacks on singled out targets are doable, but expect casualties. A lot.

Exactly. 

And CVs will find out even underage botes have teeth now to kill several planes on each strike:cap_popcorn:

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,175 posts
9,431 battles

Played one game in my Haku, did a distinctly underwelming 90k damage and was low on planes for almost half the game. I'm no CV expert exactly (honestly I'm kind of bad) but these constant changes that swings the pendulum so far in either direction is really tiresome, both for CV's and especially for surface ships.

• Cool 1

Players
3,535 posts
14,238 battles
6 minutes ago, Panocek said:

And that won’t work either. DD’s with any sort of AA are now a hit and lose planes run.

Players
10,223 posts
12,008 battles
4 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

And that won’t work either. DD’s with any sort of AA are now a hit and lose planes run.

Which, thankfully, are in minority... yet.

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles
11 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

I much perfer the surgical scapel of the Hakuruy.

I have unlocked both Haku and Midway but am saving up credits to buy one (at 23m now)

Players
3,535 posts
14,238 battles
8 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Which, thankfully, are in minority... yet.

Just seen an Audacious lose his entire rocket squad going against a lone Z-52, lost half in, then est when they tried to exit...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[GG-EZ]
Players
2,631 posts
13,523 battles
22 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

The OP is right, there are less and less CV's in game now, GZ, Implacable, Saipan, not worth playing, anymore, so in essence WG do a CV rework, *** then bodge it all up, back to your fave BB's  guys

Missed "made a boatload of money by selling premium cvs with the message that they were in their final state" there.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
275 posts
11,260 battles

Well everyone wanted less CVs in a game. That's easy to be done - sledgehammer them and people won't play them- majority is happy again. Just wondering which tactics they will use this time trying to sell tier 8 premium CVs? :cap_popcorn:Or maybe it's actually time to give CV's unlimited planes? CVs won't get deplaned by any non AA ship and non CVs players will be happy finally shooting down a lot of planes. WG gets their money for premium CVs. Everyone wins.

Players
3,535 posts
14,238 battles
4 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Missed "made a boatload of money by selling premium cvs with the message that they were in their final state" there.

I'm glad I won 3 of the 4 I did not have in a 7 pack of containers and already had Kaga pre-rework :Smile_trollface:

Players
10,223 posts
12,008 battles
12 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Just seen an Audacious lose his entire rocket squad going against a lone Z-52, lost half in, then est when they tried to exit...

Zed 52 always had quite brutal mid range, spewing uncomfortable amount of flaks around and having THE highest dps. So no wonder DD pressed F to pay respects

[LADA]
Players
619 posts
9,059 battles

I quote from the hallowed tome that is 'CV Players Responses to Other Players post-rework 2019'. Available from all good bookshops.

'Adapt - the game changes each patch.'

'Deal with it.'

'Learn the game.' 

'I've had ZERO issues with it so the problem must be you.'

'Just Dodge. =)'

'Obviously a single surface ship SHOULDN'T be able to win vs. a CV 1 on 1.' Oh hang on, we should probably turn that around now.

'There are easy ways to mitigate damage from them.'

'Use teamwork to take them down - it's a TEAM game.'

'Of course there is a counterplay!'

'People just aren't using their ships properly.'

'No class should be IMMUNE to another'.' 

'It's simply reflecting their real-life power.'

'Play other classes and learn how to avoid them.'

'AA didn't work like AA normally would.' Alright - that's a running gag from the WG stream, but it works here too.

^^ It's not particularly useful or good advice but hey - it must work, right? 

Nothing personal OP but complaining that the other ships are now capable of defending themselves against lower tiers isn't a great way to gain sympathy for the plight of the CV. Could I realistically expect to attack (and survive against) a blob of T10s in a T8 BB or CA for example? Is it not reasonable to expect that uptiering against bigger, heavier, better opposition WILL limit your effectiveness - whatever ship you happen to be in? 

The real issue is WG's funky MM - something that ALL of us can probably agree on!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

Players
7,258 posts
245 battles
52 minutes ago, Panocek said:

I reckon ark royal will get 50% bonus to 'tapping' dem underage botes.

Elrisistas.jpg.ecc763ab5a2a565d51bbbfa341717456.jpg

*throws pokeball*

i choose you! @El2aZeR!

hows miss enty den after this patch?

[-AP-]
Players
2,712 posts
6,546 battles
27 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

I quote from the hallowed tome that is 'CV Players Responses to Other Players post-rework 2019'. Available from all good bookshops.

'Adapt - the game changes each patch.'

'Deal with it.'

'Learn the game.' 

'I've had ZERO issues with it so the problem must be you.'

'Just Dodge. =)'

'Obviously a single surface ship SHOULDN'T be able to win vs. a CV 1 on 1.' Oh hang on, we should probably turn that around now.

'There are easy ways to mitigate damage from them.'

'Use teamwork to take them down - it's a TEAM game.'

'Of course there is a counterplay!'

'People just aren't using their ships properly.'

'No class should be IMMUNE to another'.' 

'It's simply reflecting their real-life power.'

'Play other classes and learn how to avoid them.'

'AA didn't work like AA normally would.' Alright - that's a running gag from the WG stream, but it works here too.

^^ It's not particularly useful or good advice but hey - it must work, right? 

Nothing personal OP but complaining that the other ships are now capable of defending themselves against lower tiers isn't a great way to gain sympathy for the plight of the CV. Could I realistically expect to attack (and survive against) a blob of T10s in a T8 BB or CA for example? Is it not reasonable to expect that uptiering against bigger, heavier, better opposition WILL limit your effectiveness - whatever ship you happen to be in? 

The real issue is WG's funky MM - something that ALL of us can probably agree on!

This is gold ^^

That sweet sweet karma.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,442 battles
25 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

The "problem" is that the average player was more effed beeing uptiered +2 in CV than in any other ship. And according to forums and other media beeing in a T10 heavy match now relegates a T8 CV feeding planes. 

Before i was more than comfy in my BigE in T10 matches, now i will have to wait for my client to update to see how it goes... 

[-AP-]
Players
2,712 posts
6,546 battles
2 minutes ago, Namuras said:

Before i was more than comfy in my BigE in T10 matches, now i will have to wait for my client to update to see how it goes... 

Maybe your t8 ship isnt supposed to be "more than comfy" vs tier 10s....

• Cool 1

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,442 battles
4 minutes ago, thiextar said:

The playstyle in T10 games was different than in T8 or T6 games, but then again I never feel uncomfy in any of the T8s i still sometimes play... 

Players
10,223 posts
12,008 battles
6 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Funny, because T8 cruiser, supposedly the most oppressed class in this game sitting happily behind islands and farming baBBies is more than comfy to play...

• Cool 2

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
617 posts
6,307 battles
55 minuti fa, thiextar ha scritto:

Oh c’mon, you’re telling me that Atago or Charles Martel should be useless if matched against tier 10? I find them quite amusing to play and I can influence the game even if bottom tier, why CVs should be “not comfortable” to play instead?  

Players
10,223 posts
12,008 battles
2 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

Oh c’mon, you’re telling me that Atago or Charles Martel should be useless if matched against tier 10? I find them quite amusing to play and I can influence the game even if bottom tier, why CVs should be “not comfortable” to play instead?  

CV touched him in inappropriate place:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1