You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Minimap not working after update??

31 comments in this topic

Players
1,750 posts
9,223 battles

So whats the deal with the mini map, it is not configurable for ship names. I really dont care to see that info in my map.

Is anyone else having this problem??

• Funny 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,761 posts
21,196 battles

The only problem I'm having with the minimap is that i can't see my flak auras anymore.

Players
156 posts
24,805 battles

@Crysantos @MrConway

I can't see the planes on the minimap. Which is a hell of a problem especially with CAs/CLs. Can't play them, but the Mino. And even then... There is no warning if you are looking in the wrong direction.

And also playing CVs is a problem. Can't place effectively my fighters. :Smile_trollface:

Players
55 posts

Mini Map is not usable since the update all I can see is ship names. Pretty much takes over the entire mini map.  Getting tired of you guys messing things up with every new release. Have you never heard of testing things before releasing them.

Players
1,673 posts
11,704 battles
1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

So whats the deal with the mini map, it is not configurable for ship names. I really dont care to see that info in my map.

Perhaps you should care for this info, because it's a huge advantage to who which ship is where on the map. You can use this info to avoid certain ships or actively push them for an easy kill. 

11 minutes ago, Richydog said:

Mini Map is not usable since the update all I can see is ship names. Pretty much takes over the entire mini map.  Getting tired of you guys messing things up with every new release. Have you never heard of testing things before releasing them.

You should press + a few times to enlarge the map, then it is not clustered with ship names and you would actually see what is going on in the game. Does wonders for the winrate and personal rating as well. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
55 posts
2 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Perhaps you should care for this info, because it's a huge advantage to who which ship is where on the map. You can use this info to avoid certain ships or actively push them for an easy kill. 

You should press + a few times to enlarge the map, then it is not clustered with ship names and you would actually see what is going on in the game. Does wonders for the winrate and personal rating as well. 

Or perhaps I would just like the option to turn off ship names as I had before the update.  You are correct I could resize the mini map till it takes over the entire game screen but what would be the point of that. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
1,750 posts
9,223 battles
34 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Look smartass, if I want minimap tactics I will ask for them. As it stands I want no names on the minimap and I dont have that coz its fked. So unless you know how to turn them off, dont bother with posting...

Players
1,750 posts
9,223 battles
7 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

https://streamable.com/jp0el

It's obvious, your computer hates you:cap_like:

image.thumb.png.9d8226cd4fbb358a6818b5cav

10 hours ago, Richydog said:

Edit: don't spam!

• Bad 1

[NLD23]
Players
34 posts
6,553 battles

With me the view triangle in minimap spills over out of the box into the main window, very annoying.

Players
866 posts
10,300 battles
12 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I am having the same issue.

Players
866 posts
10,300 battles

I checked the list of reported bugs and the names on is no there yet.

I can't report it because they ask you for an analysis file or whatever it is they need you to provide instead of testing it themselves.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,192 posts
11,284 battles

My minimap was normal last night..

we are talking about the one when it comes on when you hit TAB right? :P

Anyway, I suggest you post in current update bugs section because by looking your screenshot, it looks some kind of a bug :)

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,351 posts
26,197 battles
15 minutes ago, MrConway said:

This is a known issue, it will be fixed with a micropatch as soon as that is ready - please bear with us for a few days.

Please take some screenshots and send those in to customer support as a bug report with a replay - that definitely needs to be looked at. https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/8544/8576/

Please take some screenshots and send those in to customer support as a bug report with a replay - that definitely needs to be looked at. https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/8544/8576/

Can we have a major patch this year that doesnt add anything new but instead fixes maybe 50% of bugs in game?

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,114 posts
23,096 battles
2 hours ago, Conrad_zoo said:

With me the view triangle in minimap spills over out of the box into the main window, very annoying.

I had this one yesterday as well, also the ship name bug but I don't really mind seeing them. useful info. However, it is clear the map is bugged and should be sorted ASAP pls.:Smile_Default:

[CAIN]
Players
4,678 posts
19,819 battles

What am I reading here? This is outrageous!! People are actually using the mini map???

When did this start? ^^

• Funny 4

Players
1,673 posts
11,704 battles
4 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

What am I reading here? This is outrageous!! People are actually using the mini map???

When did this start? ^^

You misread it. They are forced to use the vital and most important battle informations but they are bothered by it so they want to disable it again. :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 3

Players
1,301 posts
19,580 battles

I'm amazed some of them even glanced at the minimap to see it's bugged :Smile-_tongue:

[CAIN]
Players
4,678 posts
19,819 battles
5 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

You misread it. They are forced to use the vital and most important battle informations but they are bothered by it so they want to disable it again. :Smile_facepalm:

Oh I see, well all is fine then. 

For a second I thought people have discovered the benefits of a mini map. 

• Funny 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,192 posts
11,284 battles
12 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

For a second I thought people have discovered the benefits of a mini map. 

don't be ridiculous!

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,387 posts
11,295 battles
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

using the mini map

what is a mini map?