_BigRed__

Benham - impossible grind............ WG have done well

57 comments in this topic

[GURKA]
Players
147 posts
15,655 battles

Have I missed something?

Oil is not going to be easy.... actually impossible (Wargaming accountants have done well on this one) !!! 48 combat missions means finishing both for 24 days between now and 22/07; 26 days in total. So 100 drops will be only for those who can play every day and be assured to have won 4 games

with the required XP plus the 2 easy non win require games.

unknown.png?width=400&height=184

Resources is 12 x 25 = 300 drops. Still missing 400 for the dd?

unknown.png?width=400&height=60

or pay 25000 doubloons for another 375 drops in containers which is not grinding

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,586 posts
10 minutes ago, BigRed_Potato said:

Have I missed something?

I guess:

How do you get Fuel Tokens?

• For completing all Directives of the Rogue Wave event—up to 250 tokens.
  • From Daily Shipments—up to 50 tokens.
  • For completing economic missions in Savage Battles—up to 300 tokens.
  • For completing Daily Missions—up to 150 tokens.
  • For completing a special marathon (complete 48 missions out of 50)—100 tokens.

= 850

edit: but yes, it is a very hard grind...

• Bad 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

The events seems to be designed that you have to spend some money to get the main reward. Opposed to the Cossack-marathon (which was impossible to complete without spending money, and that part was ill-received), now there is an option to grind out the Benham for free. It doesn't say or mean that it is a reasonable or sane option though, and it is all aimed into forcing players to buy (terrible value4money) containers.

WG went full WoT-style on this one.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,183 posts
11,250 battles

I've witnessed all the same in WOT for years,

that is a premium tier 9 ship, which deemed very strong by a lot of testers and CCs,

do you really expect it to be obtainable by "Casual daily play" ??

you cannot have that kind of thing free.. you need to pay by something...

money,

frustrating time consuming grind,

populating the new game mode,

populating the server more,

by blood may be?

• Cool 9

[-YR-]
Players
730 posts

I heve tried the new game mod

visually is nice, but is a complete mess.

played 3 games … not sure will keep going on . its really a chaos 

Players
10,192 posts
11,985 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

The events seems to be designed that you have to spend some money to get the main reward. Opposed to the Cossack-marathon (which was impossible to complete without spending money, and that part was ill-received), now there is an option to grind out the Benham for free. It doesn't say or mean that it is a reasonable or sane option though, and it is all aimed into forcing players to buy (terrible value4money) containers.

WG went full WoT-style on this one.

Cossack event was IMO a decent one, as you could pay as much as you wished for. You could get her for a dolla, full price or anything inbetween.

• Cool 4

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
25 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

I've hoped the WoT-style would stay out of WoWS for a couple more years, since WoWS is aimed at a more adult audience, a more "casual" one... Alas, it was not to be, 2019 truly is the end of reasonable events, it can only go downhill from here, and we've barely even started.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,724 posts
21,077 battles

After five games in the new mode I decided not to bother with the Benham. I have the Black already so it's not like I desperately need a T9 USN Premium DD.

Following this I also decided not to spend any money on it. That's the Hill plus Boxes out of the equation. GJ WG I'm saving money.

• Cool 7

[PHL]
Beta Tester
330 posts
17,309 battles
4 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

After five games in the new mode I decided not to bother with the Benham. I have the Black already so it's not like I desperately need a T9 USN Premium DD.

Following this I also decided not to spend any money on it. That's the Hill plus Boxes out of the equation. GJ WG I'm saving money.

+1

As the ugly Permacamos are no incentive for buying overpriced containers, the 800 tokens are out of range by a mile.

Will save my time and money, too.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,097 posts
5,462 battles
6 hours ago, Excavatus said:

that is a premium tier 9 ship, which deemed very strong by a lot of testers and CCs,

do you really expect it to be obtainable by "Casual daily play" ??

you cannot have that kind of thing free.. you need to pay by something...

money,

frustrating time consuming grind,

populating the new game mode,

populating the server more,

by blood may be?

You forgot one, "all of the above"

• Funny 1

Players
1,664 posts

I found a way that works very well for me when it comes to events like this one. I went from the exhausting and frustrating 'must grind, must have' to the much more enjoyable 'i don't give a f…'

• Cool 2

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,716 posts
13,047 battles

It will be easy yolo rush and average game is around 2min so after half a hour I manage 14 games and earnd 1 000 000. (all looses)

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,183 posts
11,250 battles
3 hours ago, lafeel said:

You forgot one, "all of the above"

and you have to chant this while you were giving blood sacrifice!

"OH DEAR MIGHTY SERB! MY BLOOD IS FOR YOU! BLESS ME WITH PIXEL SHIPS!"

jokes aside,

I really don't care about the hard grinds in both titles.

If the grind is unfun and too much for me. I don't bother.

I missed a lot of tanks in WOT and I probably will miss Benham here.. even though I liked it while testing it.

The thing is, why I don't care, because I don't see that ship as a freebie from WG.

My only problem is, some people, when it comes to marathons, feel like they are entitled to those ships and they get frustrated when they cannot get it.

It is a marathon :) that is a 40km running race in real life..

you have to spend hours and hours and hours and days and days and dasy on just training, just to even finish it :)

Training and running is not the fun part.. just getting to the end.

So I don't expect to enjoy any marathon.

good thing here, everyone gets rewarded when they finish..

so.. yeah.. grind is tedious for me and hard for benham..

but that is a bloody tier 9 american DD.. a very strong one..

Good thing I think that they made it not an easy one :)

I've seen what can it do on capable hands... courtesy of @_Teob_

• Cool 6

Players
101 posts
5,024 battles

The grind for this thing is to mutch in my opinion im all for hard grinds but this is not only long and hard its also extremly stressfull as missing to mutch can cause you to not get the ship even if you have invested a crapload of time into it imagine  you are  pretty close and you lose internet for 2-3 days and you maybe skiped one to have a brake thats pretmytch bye bye ship unles you pay witch leaves a bad taste in my mouth atleast

Players
101 posts
5,024 battles
20 hours ago, Excavatus said:

and you have to chant this while you were giving blood sacrifice!

"OH DEAR MIGHTY SERB! MY BLOOD IS FOR YOU! BLESS ME WITH PIXEL SHIPS!"

jokes aside,

I really don't care about the hard grinds in both titles.

If the grind is unfun and too much for me. I don't bother.

I missed a lot of tanks in WOT and I probably will miss Benham here.. even though I liked it while testing it.

The thing is, why I don't care, because I don't see that ship as a freebie from WG.

My only problem is, some people, when it comes to marathons, feel like they are entitled to those ships and they get frustrated when they cannot get it.

It is a marathon :) that is a 40km running race in real life..

you have to spend hours and hours and hours and days and days and dasy on just training, just to even finish it :)

Training and running is not the fun part.. just getting to the end.

So I don't expect to enjoy any marathon.

good thing here, everyone gets rewarded when they finish..

so.. yeah.. grind is tedious for me and hard for benham..

but that is a bloody tier 9 american DD.. a very strong one..

Good thing I think that they made it not an easy one :)

I've seen what can it do on capable hands... courtesy of @_Teob_

I see your points but with a maraton you can go at your own pace you might not be the first to make it but you can make it if you set your mind to it with this there are so many things that can cause you to not even feel good after the effort you have put into it i do agree that not everyone should get the ship and people are to entitled and go  overboard but there is a valid reason to say that this marathon is verry mutch like swimming up stream for 99% of the entire player base even the original way to get the ranked rewards ships was more fair and easier to do especialy with the credit drain that using the t3's in the savage battles is if you lose + the insane time investment needed and then the big one this if or the ship+camo+ captain+flag wy is there not an option for us to get the ship alone for maybe 600 700 ? fueltokens then there still is the reward for those willing to go the extra mile.And the ship will also be easier to get for a decent chunk of players but still not everyone especialy since allot of players seem to dislike the new mode witch is a must to get it.also wy is there not more of an insentive to play the mode + the other ships once you have a t2-3 in the mode its wayy better to stick with those then come back for the other ships as there is no fuel reward for unlocking them and you are activly putting yourself at a disatvantage compared to the t2-3 adding maybe like 10-20 tokens per ship unlock instead if you realy dont want to put the ship alone up for grabs but atleast that will help those that realy want it work there [edited]ofthey , maybe even enjoy the new mode witch imo is one of the better once they have made , and will help compensate for missing a few days of the missions its still hard but atleast its fair in amarathon they dont make you wear waights on your ankles and arms to make it harder to reach the finishline  this event does kinda do that and thats the part im not okay with i doubt wg will change this but i hope that they wont repeat this in the future atleast

• Cool 2

[SHAFT]
Players
1,180 posts
24,547 battles

I wouldn't mind a long grind but having to do the grind in the stupid savage mode makes it really bad and un-enjoyable.

• Cool 3

[GURKA]
Players
147 posts
15,655 battles

Away on work for 1 day !!! (Yes, there is a real world where we earn money to spend on this game and food)

Bye Bye 100 Fuel tokens .

Not a great way to have a happy players of YOUR game Wargaming.

• Cool 2

[CCI]
Players
62 posts

nearly 300 E for  3x 25 event crates and you are nearly ready to have it without pain...

money is time friends...

want to have a ship? pay for it

don't like it ?  they are a company that hire people to clue how to make player spend money on the game to keep it alive and to pay theirs salaries,  FACE IT !

At the current day a player is considered based on the money or the influence they can bring to the game...

you are a streamer with a fan base of a lot of player ? they do as you like...

you have a lot of money of invest ? they give what you want...

you are a normal player ?  you are just one of the numbers... 

nothing more, nothing less...

Players
17 posts

Totally agree. I don't think I'll continue, not being sure whether I'll actually be able to buy the benham once the event is over. And credits total are so low I'm even loosing credits when I'm playing without premium acc. Better to do the casual usual and say bye bye to Benham.

It makes it pretty much a ptp event and not knowing if a supergrind will pay off, I rather be safe than sorry.

Players
17 posts
13 minutes ago, Nesland said:

nearly 300 E for  3x 25 event crates and you are nearly ready to have it without pain...

money is time friends...

want to have a ship? pay for it

don't like it ?  they are a company that hire people to clue how to make player spend money on the game to keep it alive and to pay theirs salaries,  FACE IT !

At the current day a player is considered based on the money or the influence they can bring to the game...

you are a streamer with a fan base of a lot of player ? they do as you like...

you have a lot of money of invest ? they give what you want...

you are a normal player ?  you are just one of the numbers... 

nothing more, nothing less...

That's right. And this is just a game amongst thousands.

They need the nonpayers to fill up matchmaking, it's either that or go scouting for chinese / russian cheap hired help, if they haven't already. So being cautious about the things you mention can be a wise thing.

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,463 posts
8,604 battles

Hmm.

Lets See.

250 Fuel Marks are Given for the Directives. (50 for the First 3 and then 100 for the last one)

The Ressource Missions gives 300 total  (5x25 and 25 for the Finish. There is 2 of these Missions.)

For the Daily Missions you get 150 total (1 for each of the Daily Missions from Part 2 which has 3 such Missions so 3 for each Day)

Another 100 for the Marathon Mission. (You need to Complete 48 of the 50 Daily Missions that will be Available during that Time)

And then 50 from Daily Reward. (Only needs to Login on 10 of the 25 Days the Event Runs for this one)

Comes down to a Total of 850 Fuel Marks you can Earn for Free.

Now the 250 Fuel Marks for the Directives should be Easy enough for any Active Player.

The Ressource Missions should also be Fairly Easy to Accomplish in that Time. Meaning another 300.

And the Daily Rewards really anyone should get.

So 600 Fuel Marks is a Target anyone should be able to Reach.

The 150 from the Daily Missions and the 100 for the Marathon Mission. Are the ones most Likely Locking out alot of non Paying Players.

Because this Basicly Requires to be Online really Everyday for the Entire Event. To get the 250 Fuel Marks  from these two.

And even then.

You need to get all of them to get the Benham for Free. Because if you Miss the Marathon Event you get 0 out of 100 Fuel Marks. And thus lose 100 Fuel Marks at once.

If you miss out on 1 Day you will Still get the Benham. And have 47 Fuel Marks Left.

If you miss out on 2 Days you will not get the Benham for Free and only get 744 Fuel Marks. So your 56 Fuel Marks Short and need 4 Premium Containers.

You lose 3 Fuel Marks for every Further Day you miss out.

So 3 Days and you still only need 4 Premium Containers.

On the 4th Day you Sink down to Needing a 5th Premium Container.

On the 9th Day its 6 Premium Containers.

On the 14th Day its 7 Premium Containers.

On the 19th Day its 8 Premium Containers.

(Albeit if your Missing out 19 Days of the Event your likely not going to Complete anything else either unless your Basicly one of these Players who do next to Nothing for the First 3 Weeks of an Event and then basicly Spend the Last Week Playing the Event 16 Hours each Day....)

Its Clearly a very Hard Grind.

Especially for us Working Folks.

Might be a better Choice to Concentrate on the 600 Fuel Marks you get Pretty Easily.

And take as many of the Daily Fuel Marks along as you Can.

But from the Get go Accept that you will have to Spend the 30 Bucks to Buy 7 Premium Containers if you want the Benham.

[THESO]
3,463 posts
8,604 battles
11 hours ago, tsounts said:

I wouldn't mind a long grind but having to do the grind in the stupid savage mode makes it really bad and un-enjoyable.

?

From what I see.

You can Finish the Directive entirely in Normal Ships.

And the other Events as well dont seem to Require you to do them in Savage Battles actually.

Or did I miss something there ???

[SHAFT]
Players
1,180 posts
24,547 battles
1 hour ago, Sunleader said:

?

From what I see.

You can Finish the Directive entirely in Normal Ships.

And the other Events as well dont seem to Require you to do them in Savage Battles actually.

Or did I miss something there ???

From what I understood you have to play the Savage mode in order to get many fuel tokens or it will be rather hard.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
3,463 posts
8,604 battles
1 hour ago, tsounts said:

From what I understood you have to play the Savage mode in order to get many fuel tokens or it will be rather hard.

Well then.

After Checking things a bit.

The Directives can be Completed entirely in Normal Mode.

So can the Dailies and Marathon.

The Daily Reward is not Bound to Savage either.

So 550 Marks can be Earned without Playing Savage Mode.

And the Directive Missions are mostly just Grind and are not really Hard.

However.

The Ressource Missions where you have to Earn Credits.

Are Indeed Bound to Savage Mode and must be done in the Savage Mode Battles.

Which means 300 Fuel Marks are Indeed hidden behind the Savage Mode.

Thats rather Annoying Indeed.

As I dont like the Savage mode either.

• Cool 2

[TB-PF]
Beta Tester
77 posts
2,943 battles

I enjoy the mode, so I have played it a lot, but I think the time will come soon where I want to play normal battles, the 48 out of 50 is BS for adults. They need to put in a few more options for getting oil.

May I suggest that premium players get 3 free oil per day, seems fair as we are already paying towards the continued development etc.

• Cool 2