You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

What captain skills are you guys using for ships in new "Rogue Wave" game mode?

12 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,656 posts
16,790 battles

Hi all,

What captain skills are you guys using for ships in  new "Rogue Wave" game mode?

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

I wish they gave us at least 1 day of testing for captain skills... :Smile-angry:

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
37 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I wish they gave us at least 1 day of testing for captain skills... :Smile-angry:

WG counters your wish with their own: they wish you would spend doubloons.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,166 posts
9,530 battles

Use captain skills on one captain, and put other skills on the other. You can swap them between all those event ships.

First captain i specced was

JoaT, AR, SE, Vigilance, RPF and CE.

The only option would be to not take CE and take TAE instead maybe.

• Cool 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,166 posts
9,530 battles
1 minute ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Seriously?

If it's the same way as on the test server, there are hardly any variations that make any sense in the first place, what with all the skills you can't take.

They even removed half the skills right away. Cant even skill AFT or BFT, they dont even exist :cap_fainting:

[JRM]
Players
7,088 posts

Honestly IDK who WG is making all this super "special battle modes" for, I dont remember a fu:etc_swear: single post anywhere asking for 4 team of 3 ships steampunk postapocaliptic king of the hill mode... Like ever... DAFQ

I m not touching this :etc_swear: with a 6 ft pole... :etc_hide_turtle:

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
5,511 posts

Do you mean 'Savage Battles'? If so, no skills as I don't even have any suitable ships for it.

Nvm found them.

Players
316 posts
10,498 battles
2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Honestly IDK who WG is making all this super "special battle modes" for, I dont remember a fu:etc_swear: single post anywhere asking for 4 team of 3 ships steampunk postapocaliptic king of the hill mode... Like ever... DAFQ

Rogue wave: 

Image result for trash

[I-J-N]
Players
5,511 posts
3 hours ago, Yedwy said:

52 minutes ago, Lord_Holland_of_Wessex said:

Rogue wave: 

Image result for trash

Well, I sort of know where your sentiments are coming from. In theory, I agree, the ships are complete junk and the maps are absolutely horrible from my point of view. I don't like islands maps, and this map is littered with debris, buildings etc....

However...

It is a new map, an interesting map and it is different. The DD's have different game play. I can never in game have a DD which lacks main guns and has to rely on torpedoes and secondaries. (There are DDs with main guns too but I'm not good enough to make use of those). At least for a while it is a welcome diversion and let's me practice torpedo knife fighting with secondaries to back them up.

Oh, and if you do enjoy main gun knife fights, those can be very demanding in this mode due to extreme close quarters.

Players
3,432 posts
17,186 battles

Regarding captain skills for rogue wave: I'm using a built-in hack that most people know about but don't use nearly enough.

It's called "Captain Boycott".

It is a level 0 skill that costs zero Captain points.

The effect is to avoid the damn-stupid mode altogether and do something more pleasant on a summer's day/evening. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

Players
316 posts
10,498 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Regarding captain skills for rogue wave: I'm using a built-in hack that most people know about but don't use nearly enough.

It's called "Captain Boycott".

It is a level 0 skill that costs zero Captain points.

The effect is to avoid the damn-stupid mode altogether and do something more pleasant on a summer's day/evening. :Smile_smile:

Feel bad I played one game. England V Norway in Women's' world cup soon.   Don't mention the VAR :crab:  

• Funny 2

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,800 posts
6,857 battles

They should really disable divisions, or, if you want some advice from me, only play in a 3 man division :)

• Cool 1