You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pikkozoikum

Secondary dispersion

16 comments in this topic

[NEXT]
Players
5,537 posts
11,171 battles

secondary.thumb.jpg.4dcb088e4dfa22caa879baf344b2cf08.jpg

I have no words to that. Target almost 4 km away and the gunners shoot like <1 km. I can understand, that secondaries shouldn't be op, but how about a way smaller dispersion with a bad sigma, thus the shots  miss but at least around the target.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[NEXT]
Players
5,537 posts
11,171 battles
24 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

American secondaries are the most accurate ones as I observed . 

I'm scared, that those secondaries hit my own ship!

[MORIA]
Players
7,706 posts
38,404 battles
1 hour ago, Pikkozoikum said:

I'm scared, that those secondaries hit my own ship!

Well in the past they were hitting allies. That was frustrating and if you set a for on allie ship you got pink. So good it's a history.

[-NFG-]
[-NFG-]
Players
216 posts
7,605 battles

I find that using this particular version of this upgrade helps, even if it doesn't make for a happy crew:

Icon_modernization_PCM005_SecondaryGun_Mod_I.jpg.d6fec51fa6ad32a61fe68619dc7db566.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6

[BLITZ]
Players
2,842 posts
11,452 battles
11 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

American secondaries are the most accurate ones as I observed . 

Massachusetts and Georgia yes, the others... not so much. 

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,706 posts
38,404 battles
8 hours ago, B0Tato said:

Massachusetts and Georgia yes, the others... not so much. 

My friend did put the secondary capt on Montana and has old one on Yama. He did made the comparison in against bots and Montana did got more than Yam. I don't have the screens but this what he told me. 

Players
218 posts
13,263 battles

Its really sad that secondaries are completely useless to only but a few ship. You also have to put 8-12 points focusing on it to be effective.

Secondaries were used a lot by BBs in WW2. Many battles have BBs putting out +800 secondary rounds at the same time they fire main guns at 20km range. Secondary guns had a lot of range.

Putting some more effectiveness and range to lower tiers secondaries would make it more fun. 7 km secondary range is way too low and the dispersion they get is horrible. Basicly this forces every BB to go tank/stealth build. No reward for closing in and you can't rely on them getting damage done. I ran my GK IFHE captain in Friedrich Eitel which should penetrate even BBs and it did minimal damage to even T5 light cruisers in a close brawl. :cap_wander:

Secondaries need a range buff and more actual damage so us brawling lovers can play our style with our heavily invested brawler captains.  :cap_rambo:

Lots of ships that have potential to be fun brawlers like Amagi are totally useless because the max range u get is so low.

• Cool 3

[SHAD]
Players
3,002 posts
12,780 battles
29 minutes ago, Rautainen_Biisoni said:

Its really sad that secondaries are completely useless to only but a few ship. You also have to put 8-12 points focusing on it to be effective.

Secondaries were used a lot by BBs in WW2. Many battles have BBs putting out +800 secondary rounds at the same time they fire main guns at 20km range. Secondary guns had a lot of range.

Putting some more effectiveness and range to lower tiers secondaries would make it more fun. 7 km secondary range is way too low and the dispersion they get is horrible. Basicly this forces every BB to go tank/stealth build. No reward for closing in and you can't rely on them getting damage done. I ran my GK IFHE captain in Friedrich Eitel which should penetrate even BBs and it did minimal damage to even T5 light cruisers in a close brawl:cap_wander:

Secondaries need a range buff and more actual damage so us brawling lovers can play our style with our heavily invested brawler captains.  :cap_rambo:

Lots of ships that have potential to be fun brawlers like Amagi are totally useless because the max range u get is so low.

Unfortunately they guns still aim for the waterline so your HE probably shattered on the belt.

Players
218 posts
13,263 battles
36 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Unfortunately they guns still aim for the waterline so your HE probably shattered on the belt.

Yeah that bug too. Why shoot at superstructure when u can shoot at the armored belt? :cap_like:

My target was Nurnberg and shells were landing all over it... just not hitting really. 

[BABBY]
Players
745 posts
10,999 battles
2 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

My friend did put the secondary capt on Montana and has old one on Yama. He did made the comparison in against bots and Montana did got more than Yam. I don't have the screens but this what he told me. 

I think it's because the rainbow arcs, the vertical dispersion and thus ellipse is smaller. Shell travel time works against you when facing evading targets though

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,706 posts
38,404 battles
1 hour ago, Rautainen_Biisoni said:

Putting some more effectiveness and range to lower tiers secondaries would make it more fun. 7 km secondary range is way too low and the dispersion they get is horrible. Basicly this forces every BB to go tank/stealth build. No reward for closing in and you can't rely on them getting damage done. I ran my GK IFHE captain in Friedrich Eitel which should penetrate even BBs and it did minimal damage to even T5 light cruisers in a close brawl. :cap_wander:

In the past many players had secondary build on Yama. My friend had this old capt on Mikasa, just forgot he had him at all :Smile_veryhappy:

Now because of conq, Henry, Worcester, Daring& Harugumo spam and now CV... you can't build on secondaries on Yam. On Amagi too.

Players
2,548 posts
23 hours ago, Pikkozoikum said:

I have no words to that. (...)

"Bless you" fits, since gunner probably sneezed.

Players
218 posts
13,263 battles
6 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

In the past many players had secondary build on Yama. My friend had this old capt on Mikasa, just forgot he had him at all :Smile_veryhappy:

Now because of conq, Henry, Worcester, Daring& Harugumo spam and now CV... you can't build on secondaries on Yam. On Amagi too.

I still have it with secondary build for trolls and memes. Harder to get into secondary range but by the time u get there main guns have rip ships apart.

The builds and game styles are very limited in this game. AA builds and secondary builds are pretty useless for many ships narrowing tactics down even more.

Secondary cruiser builds could be awesome but with the current setting totally impractical :cap_look: 

• Cool 1

[DC-DK]
Players
3,055 posts
32,734 battles

Before the AP shells was replaced with HE on the larger secondary was hilarious against broadside cruisers with Yamato. Actual the only times I have seen citadel hits with secondary on any ship. Once sank a Des Moines with citadels from the secondary in a knife fight. try same scenario today and the Des Moines wins every time.