You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

71 comments in this topic

[RM_MN]
Players
21 posts
9,926 battles

Just played ten games to win one game.

Top damage in seven out of ten, top kills in five out of ten, capped or decapped each game. All lost, except last one. There is no team, there is no plan, there is no point in playing random games. You have to carry each game.

I played the Flint four times. Worst special ship... spotted from the moon, even with a 19 point commander, weak guns, torps ineffective at range. Cannot push, most games against Tier IX, one-shot when spotted, and shot up even in smoke.

I have been playing Co-Op almost exclusively, and only play PvP in Ranked. The gameplay is so absurdly bad, even at low tiers, that I end up insulting all players who play hidden behind islands with DDs, CCs, CLs and BBs... it is impossible to play. Most games, one team gets all three caps and then pushes, as your team camps behind islands, and runs away when the enemy pushes, even if they outnumber the enemy three to one.

What we need is community contributors who show how bad this game has become in random, and ranked play. Most players are so dumb that they could not play a role if their life depended on it, cannot angle effectively, cannot shoot effectively, and will not even try to win.

What is the solution? Premium matchmaking? I believe that the future of World of Tanks and World of Warships will be to pay to win... pay extra per game, and get matched top tier... that way you can carry your team. I tried to do that in the Flint against Tier IXs... top damage, last to die, but impossible to win.

If most players do not play to win, then why not allow players to pay to have better chances to win? At least, I will not spend my evening after a hard day's work, screaming abusive language at team after team of useless crap players, who group in one square, and die without even having done 20% of their hit points in damage.

In one of my last games with the Flint, I was in smoke, and was pushed out of my smoke by  a team mate in a Mogami. I shot him until I became pink. Why do I play? I am now going back to playing Co-OP, almost exclusively. I will play maybe ten random games per month. I left World of Tanks to enjoy WoWs, but WOT MM is way better. For me, WoWs is a PvC game... I will play Co-Op games and special modes only. Randon is so screwed up, it is one of the most frustrating games I have ever experienced.

I tried to sell the Flint... after working for months to get the steel to buy it. I cannot sell it. It is that bad... not that the ship itself is bad, but the MM destroys it, and without teamplay it is a stinking pile of crap.

Sorry wargaming... fix this, or you will lose players, like WOT did.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3

Players
3,220 posts
6 minutes ago, jksoler said:

Top damage in seven out of ten, top kills in five out of ten, capped or decapped each game. All lost, except last one. There is no team, there is no plan, there is no point in playing random games. You have to carry each game.

I played the Flint four times. Worst special ship... spotted from the moon, even with a 19 point commander, weak guns, torps ineffective at range. Cannot push, most games against Tier IX, one-shot when spotted, and shot up even in smoke.

I have been playing Co-Op almost exclusively, and only play PvP in Ranked. The gameplay is so absurdly bad, even at low tiers, that I end up insulting all players who play hidden behind islands with DDs, CCs, CLs and BBs... it is impossible to play. Most games, one team gets all three caps and then pushes, as your team camps behind islands, and runs away when the enemy pushes, even if they outnumber the enemy three to one.

What we need is community contributors who show how bad this game has become in random, and ranked play. Most players are so dumb that they could not play a role if their life depended on it, cannot angle effectively, cannot shoot effectively, and will not even try to win.

What is the solution? Premium matchmaking? I believe that the future of World of Tanks and World of Warships will be to pay to win... pay extra per game, and get matched top tier... that way you can carry your team. I tried to do that in the Flint against Tier IXs... top damage, last to die, but impossible to win.

If most players do not play to win, then why not allow players to pay to have better chances to win? At least, I will not spend my evening after a hard day's work, screaming abusive language at team after team of useless crap players, who group in one square, and die without even having done 20% of their hit points in damage.

In one of my last games with the Flint, I was in smoke, and was pushed out of my smoke by  a team mate in a Mogami. I shot him until I became pink. Why do I play? I am now going back to playing Co-OP, almost exclusively. I will play maybe ten random games per month. I left World of Tanks to enjoy WoWs, but WOT MM is way better. For me, WoWs is a PvC game... I will play Co-Op games and special modes only. Randon is so screwed up, it is one of the most frustrating games I have ever experienced.

I tried to sell the Flint... after working for months to get the steel to buy it. I cannot sell it. It is that bad... not that the ship itself is bad, but the MM destroys it, and without teamplay it is a stinking pile of crap.

Quite so, in fact in my DD's I just go in and die, five minute games, spot if lucky, total wipe out before you can even react, and this is all because of the cap and spot mantra, if you cannot play certain ship[s hell WG should take them off you and refund the money spent, they won't course.

But hen what exactly do you mean by camping, sometimes in a BB it is advisable to low down, move cautiously, and when you do you get people like you screaming camper, so then you try to please them and again get wiped out, there really is no winning in this game, and it is [edited]me of big style.

• Cool 1

[RM_MN]
Players
21 posts
9,926 battles
5 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Flint...bad?? :cap_fainting:

I thought it was strong. 19 point Captain, IFHE, reduced visibility, but still you have to move in close to hit anything, and then get blapped when your smoke runs out. If you play against Tier IXs, you are a damage piniata. Only strong equal tier. I will only play it in Ranked Sprint from now on.

[RM_MN]
Players
21 posts
9,926 battles

I was swearing so bad... a litany of blue murder against teams which did not cap when most of the enemy team was on my cap, and I was trying to delay five ships alone in des Moines, as six team mates camped behind islands on the other side of the map, and did not cap for all the game against an opposition of three or four ships. Bad loss. Why bother? I get chat banned every week that I play Random. I have stopped.

Players
3,306 posts
14,059 battles
41 minutes ago, jksoler said:

You're the only consistency in your teams. I played 7 tonight, won 6. Played 6 last night and lost 6 regardless of how well I did personally. Sorry, you can't blame it on MM. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
1,620 posts
11 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Well you talked Me out of getting ~ 

Thank You o7

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
26,215 posts
14,119 battles
4 hours ago, jksoler said:

I thought it was strong. 19 point Captain, IFHE, reduced visibility, but still you have to move in close to hit anything, and then get blapped when your smoke runs out. If you play against Tier IXs, you are a damage piniata. Only strong equal tier. I will only play it in Ranked Sprint from now on.

That is what islands are for...

Looks like you do not understand yet how Flint is played.

Btw. you cannot know if you did most damage in your team.

[JRM]
Players
6,305 posts
24,198 battles
4 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

Flint...bad?? :cap_fainting:

I stopped there

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,090 posts
8,436 battles
4 hours ago, Kowloon_Johnny said:

Well you talked Me out of getting ~ 

Thank You o7

Well he is not correct. The Flint is like the Atlanta very points heavy to make work. But once you have a high point captain the Flint is a monster. 13.7 km range with 9.6 km detection is enough to move about and engage most targets, and the US smokes removes careful positioning.

On topic, if you get a loosing streak just take a break, not much else you can do without risking getting tilted.

• Cool 2

Players
2,608 posts
18,810 battles

Even though the Flint = bad made me crinch, because it is not, sometimes it is about getting handed a crap team beyond belief. Yesterday I had matches in my Big E. where I ended up top score by a mile with 9 tier X teammates like Yamato's, Henry's and Montana's scoring between 350 and 550 XP. And I'm just not good enough to compensate an almost full team of tier X non rental nobs :Smile_trollface:

If it makes you rage, take a break. Games supposed to entertain you.

• Cool 1

Players
89 posts
4,024 battles

This is just a losing streak, it happens to everyone. Sometimes its you, other times its your team, and some times you are just down right unlucky, but just remember that not all games will be like that.

Also, smoke behind islands. Without a target lock on your ship, most other ships won't be able to lob their shells high enough to reliably clear the islands. That might help a bit with you getting killed in smoke. Also don't wait until your smoke is running out to move, always move a few seconds before that at least. Otherwise you'll get spotted with your pants down.

• Cool 1

Players
6,791 posts
245 battles
6 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Same range as Atlanta s probably yes.

Not really, each ship has its own strengths, i would have to say the worst ship i've ever played is the hatsu, terrible torps, guns and hp pool, has barely anything going for it frankly the ship after that should be more gunboat orientated but then wargaming were never smart when it came to making tech tree lines consistent, reason why they butchered the obj 430 2 and turned it into some shite sniper.

• Funny 1

Players
1,567 posts
10,261 battles

Please, in future,  don't make title of topic in capital letters. Thank you.

Edited.

Players
889 posts
16,833 battles

OP: OMG STOP CAMPING!?! 

ME:

bdd.jpg

On a more serious note, knowing when to push, flank, use island cover etc is critical. 

Not everything can be solved with a Zerg rush

OP just had a frustrating streak. Don't worry, it won't be always like that :) 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
87 posts
15,060 battles

I think there is a very good explanation why this camping mentality shows itself. It is much easier than try to coordinate a good attack with total strangers.
I get frustrated as well when people play really dumb and I'm sure some get frustrated with me from time to time. The thing is to take a chill a realize there is probably, from the players point of view, a very good reason why he played as he did.
I've often been blamed for camping/being in the wrong spot by somebody who just died and obviously had no clue why I was where I was or what I had done. Even after I had asked that player to fall back several times because he was obvioulsy on a suicide course...
So before starting the blame game please make absolutely sure you are justified in your critism. Or ask "why?" instead of yelling :etc_swear: People have a tendency to reflect when asked and lock up when yelled at :Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 2

[AMOK]
Players
1,955 posts
8,549 battles
9 hours ago, jksoler said:

I played the Flint four times.

I don't think you're being completely honest here. :Smile_smile:

[JRM]
Players
6,305 posts
24,198 battles

Well there is that, then there is yesterday most of the team decides/agrees for one steategy in chat upon match start, afther that a 2 man div and one straggler procede to dump on everyone in chat for choosing it "couse its worst possible tactic" they go of by themselves and ofc get served, and after that continue the usual chat salting routine, meanwhile all of us "stupid noobs" pummel the red team and win despite our quote - "worst possible tactic"...

• Cool 1

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
717 posts
13,907 battles
9 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Quite so, in fact in my DD's I just go in and die, five minute games, spot if lucky, total wipe out before you can even react, and this is all because of the cap and spot mantra, if you cannot play certain ship[s hell WG should take them off you and refund the money spent, they won't course

:cap_fainting:god i realy hope you are trolling here.

• Funny 1

Players
3,130 posts
10,603 battles
8 hours ago, jksoler said:

I feel your pain.  I'm not gonna come out with the old "Get gud" because that is so overused nowadays and not really constructive, but maybe you need to sprinkle a tad bit onto your gameplay? I'm i fair in saying that? 

Maybe the Flint/Atlana kinda game play just isn't for you?

Explain:

Look at your Atlanta stats:

Atlanta   Atlanta  7 U.S.A. 29 51.72% 539 15 976 0.38 1.72 Details

So your average damage in 29 games is 15,000? That is very low for a ship of this calibre.

I wouldn't say i hate the Atlanta because their are so many good players that play it well, but i'm not one of them. Long ago when i brought it i thought i would love the AA support role (When people used to work as a team back then) but the hiding behind islands to stay alive and HE spam wasn't my thing, period.  I simply and truly don't like the game play, but even i manage to pull off more damage and XP:

60 Atlanta   Atlanta  7 U.S.A. 46 52.17% 2 211 47 480 1.09 7.2 Details

Now being the person i am i could REALLY learn to get good in this, but it's simply not my play-style so i will always be ice skating up a hill.  knowing i could be playing a Kaga or Saipan or Sharn instead and really helping the team win.  Pulling those victories that team just love to throw away.

My XP is 4X more then yours (I cap, AA support and support DD's like mad!) and my Damage is more then DOUBLE. We have the same WR as we all know, sometimes it doesn't matter how hard you carry, teams will just lose.  You could be doing 80,000 damage and 3000 XP and teams will still lose it for you :cap_haloween:

So when you played the Atlanta didn't you feel "this might not be my playstyle"?  Because the Flint is basically the same.  Yes it has smoke and a few bits and bobs different but it's still an Atlanta kinda playstyle even with smoke. 

Lets look at your Flint:

Flint   Flint  7 U.S.A. 3 0% 0 20 585 0 0 Details

Hummmm :cap_hmm: Now it's only been 3 games for you fair enough, but that damage is only 5,000 higher in a ship that is VERY STRONG when played by in the right hands.  It's a better Atlanta.  The smoke means it can do things the Atlanta can only dream off WHEN IT IS APPLIED CORRECTLY. 

"Right then, maybe the ship just inst preforming well in the stats" you ask yourself.

Flint U.S.A. 193 351 60.55 % 1.16 55 382 1 791 4.43 2.10 Belfast U.K. 2 247 407 55.27 % 0.91 45 240 1 413 1.50 1.62 ARP Nachi Japan 57 568 53.17 % 0.78 40 935 1 233 1.29 1.26 Boise U.S.A. 123 055 52.82 % 0.83 43 567 1 432 1.95 1.51 Fiji U.K. 4 546 674 52.35 % 0.87 41 200 1 274 1.06 1.48

Tops the List.  It's doing more damage then the Belfast and that is one OP ship never to hit the shelves again.

So I/You/We know that it's not the ship that is the problem.  Maybe it's the player?  I mean that to both you and me (well, regarding the Atlanta anyway).

So to reinforce that, it's not the ship. It's not even the tier because tier 7 is IMHO the best tier for MM.  Nothing like say tier 8 or 6. 

Try doing something different in it. Trying the hiding behind islands and hopping to the next one. Try supporting the DD's more.

People tend to think the Flint is an auto win because it has smoke? Well, it's not so easy when there are SOOOO many ships with radar and hydro now. 

You already know this, just figure out what you are doing wrong and have the balls to admit to your mistakes.  You learn more from your failures then your victories.  Maybe, just maybe that kinda playstyle isn't for you?  Your a DD and BB player in truth as your damage in cruisers are quite low.  There is nothing wrong with that, just an observation.

Your also more conformable at the lower tiers (3-4-5). You have played nearly 1000 games at tier 3. Maybe you like the games lower down? There is no shame in that (well, a tab as there is a fine line with seal clubbing but your not one of them) as each tiers brings a different kinda game with it.  Basically the higher we go the more static it becomes and not everyone likes that. You WR is a perfect spiral down to tier 10 and there is no shame in that. 

I think you like the more chaos at the early tiers. :Smile_veryhappy:

Plenty of good Flint players out there so chaps, if you have any advice about Flint game play you could pass it onto this lad then please do so.  :cap_like: It's then up to him if he wants to drink from the fountain of knowledge :Smile_veryhappy: 

• Cool 3

[BBMM]
Players
5,792 posts
7,351 battles
3 hours ago, Europizza said:

Even though the Flint = bad made me crinch, because it is not, sometimes it is about getting handed a crap team beyond belief. Yesterday I had matches in my Big E. where I ended up top score by a mile with 9 tier X teammates like Yamato's, Henry's and Montana's scoring between 350 and 550 XP. And I'm just not good enough to compensate an almost full team of tier X non rental nobs :Smile_trollface:

If it makes you rage, take a break. Games supposed to entertain you.

I can understand why having a losing streak (and WG manages to dish out those...) can be frustrating.

@jksoler

But there's a difference between "camping" (Montana 550XP is likely a camper) and "positioning".

If you manage to get 2000XP while "camping" it is probably positioning. Something a Flint should do. 

And if that is not a style you like... do not get Flint.

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,186 battles
2 hours ago, Freyr_90 said:

OP: OMG STOP CAMPING!?! 

ME:

On a more serious note, knowing when to push, flank, use island cover etc is critical. 

Not everything can be solved with a Zerg rush

OP just had a frustrating streak. Don't worry, it won't be always like that :) 

Agreed, each one of us has had those days/games so totally understandable sentiment.:Smile_Default:

One  just has to keep in mind that..>

image.png.4e3b349373cc773b3d95addf4125ef92.png

So if that begins to get on my nerves - I'm clearly starting to take this sh*ty way too seriously so time to take a break, open another beer and after finding my "calm center" again and (sure enough, fingers crossed) move on to the next battle. Sometimes it works. :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,589 posts
12,558 battles
9 hours ago, jksoler said:

271.gif