Sign in to follow this  
Zigiran

How to Texas?

4 comments in this topic

[_FK_]
Players
213 posts
5,459 battles

I just bought myself a Texas and all the info I see is from pre 0.8.

So I wonder how things are for the Texas now in 0.8.x.

Modules:

1: I would guess aux mod1 to keep the AA alive (instead of the main arm mod 1 that the New York uses)

2: Dam con mod 1, same as all BB

3: AA gun mod 1: is it worth it (extra flak cloud) or should I go for something else?

Captain:

I have a 10 point captain in my New Mexico with 0 AA skills. Will he do fine on the Texas or should I get a dedicated AA specced captain for the Texas?

:cap_rambo:

[CATS]
Players
26,078 posts
14,090 battles
  1. Main guns are more important
  2. Yes
  3. Is optional
  4. You can play her either as a dedicated AA ship or just as a New York Class BB with stronger AA

• Cool 1

Players
302 posts

Although T4 has had a lot of players trying out the entry-level CVs, I've noticed the initial novelty value of the rework is dying off and my AA-spec boats are only seeing CVs in like 1-in-6 matches at Tiers 6-8.  Not a big surprise - I suspect the weaksauce T4 CVs kill off interest before players grind out T6 where the real fun starts.

AA-spec Tex isn't redundant at all in no CV circumstances, and if you've got other comparable boats in your port you're not losing anything by mixing it up – but you'll need to decide whether investing in AA spec is worth it for all those games where they never see a plane.

Oh, and T4 CV drivers are going to be the ones most oblivious to flak in the game, so there's less reason to neglect that if it's at the expense of continuous AA, etc.
Main guns getting knocked out for any length of time on a Texas tends to be a non-issue for me, whereas HE scraping off your AA like so many barnacles is a thing.

Sign in to follow this