You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor

First game good game?

10 comments in this topic

Players
2,187 posts
20,353 battles

A certain boisterous WoT CC once said he believed that WG made an effort to ensure the first game in a shiny new premium tank was a good game for the premium customer in question. I could not say how serious he was about this. Putting the player in top tier and possibly even modifying the matchmaking, sticking "a bunch of muppets" on the enemy team to farm, and another bunch on the player's team so no unicums steal his kills. Same thing for the first game after a few week's break, playing a premium tank you haven't touched in a while. A 'great to see you're back' present. To reinforce it was a good buying decision. Or something.

I thought it was a bit ridiculous but at least with regard to the being top tier, I'm 3 for 3 today. Using a few T8 premiums that mostly fell out of Satan lootboxes to try and get a feel for their clan battle potential. Atago, Gascogne and Kii. All top tier in the first battle, though only the one in the Gascogne (of all ships) went really swimmingly.

Are there by any chance any statistics about this?

[BLITZ]
Players
2,819 posts
10,972 battles

Sacrificing a 666-year-old virgin right before each battle will make you top tier, no matter how many battles you have in the ship. There will also be no carrier, even if you are one.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

no idea, i have new premium and 800 PR in it....must be gods do not love my new premium :)

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,460 battles
2 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Urban legend

True but only in the sense that WG is probably doing something more underhanded, more manipulative, more predatory and ofc at the same time more incompetent.

Lets see, free to play game riddled with p2w micro (and MACRO!) transactions and (amongst other groups, child-)predatory*1 gambling mechanics (which they have discontinued in Belgium because unlike when WG got kicked of the Cyprus stock exchange for failure to comply with regulations, this time there was more on the table) and so on.

Ofc we do not and we can not know what WG does in that regard, but lets look at the competitions "old news"

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/10/activision-patents-matchmaking-that-encourages-players-to-buy-microtransactions/

wuqlimbjdno1ccztvy8q.png

Yeah the likes of WG are totally above that, right.

And Mother Teresa was S_O's Aunt, thats why she taught him to never exclude and discriminate anybody and anything and bring even data that included low tier and T1 matches in a discussion  about high tier BBs overpopulation in order to BS everyone present.

*1:  @Companies "like EA" (WG is worse):  "According to the statement (in Dutch), the punishments of a fine and prison sentence can be doubled "when minors are involved"".

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-43906306

Players
271 posts
10,198 battles

From my experience it's actually like the first 4-5 games in  new premium ship are very much favorable to the buyer, you get stupid good RNG, and this has been a consistent thing across all my premiums, including the ones that are actually quite poor ships, naturally premiums that benefit for the most powercreep continue to perform.

Why doubt this, i mean retard armor IS a thing in WoWs!.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,819 posts
10,972 battles
3 hours ago, veslingr said:

no idea, i have new premium and 800 PR in it....must be gods do not love my new premium :)

Stalingrad an Bourgogne are not good for PR. :Smile_sad: