Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DanSilverwing

Why Operation Dynamo needs to come back for 0.8.6 and how to re-introduce it.

24 comments in this topic

Players
1,067 posts
15,102 battles

Operation Dynamo was originally introduced in July 2017 as a promotional tie-in with Warner Brothers to promote Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk film, in version 0.6.8.

Although 0.8.5 is the next version to be rolled out we know that a new line of tech tree French Destroyers is in supertesting right now, and potentially ready for general release in 0.8.6 around 25 July 2019.

Two years after the original operation, and 0.8.6 has a pleasing symmetry with 0.6.8, don't you think?

Plus the penultimate reward for completing the Operation was originally a 10-point French Commander, who would be a useful addition to new players to go with their new French Destroyers.

The original iteration of this Operation gave players two new unique Tier 5 Destroyers: British Destroyer HMS Anthony and French Destroyer Cyclone, to be played exclusively in this Operation. Players also had a chance of obtaining for free the new Premium Tier 6 British Destroyer HMS Gallant, or purchasing from the Premium Shop, to use in the Operation. ORP Blyskawica was not allowed at that time, despite her historical participation, because she was Tier 7, and the Operation was mostly balanced for Tier 5. One of the balancing trade-offs was the Anthony had access to DefAA and Cyclone a Smoke Generator, both consumables to be used strategically when really needed.

ee1c08ce-667e-11e7-b08a-d89d6715223c.jpg

The second iteration of this Operation was re-introduced in version 0.7.9 for the Royal Navy event, timed for the release of the British Destroyers, including the Premium Tier 8 British Destroyer HMS Cossack. Like Gallant before her, Cossack would be allowed to participate in Operation Dynamo, which was otherwise restricted to Tier 6 and Tier 7 "Allied" Destroyers (including the "neutral" USA and the "with-friends-like-this..." USSR). 

During the PTS MrConway and Crysantos livestreamed a playthrough, using a full division of mostly heavily-armed Tier 7 Destroyers (HMS Jervis, ORP Blyskawica, 3x USN Mahans, Minsk, and Gnevny). Afterwards commenting that "I feel like one game of that was enough for now. It was fun. But I do think that we need to make it more difficult. So I'm going to add that to the feedback." That feedback resulted in buffing the HP of Schnellboots from 1500HP to 2700HP.

Operation Dynamo, and many others, was discontinued in version 0.8.0 on 30 January 2019 because of the changes to aircraft carriers and AA, and the need to rework the AI for attacking aircraft.

While it was available in rotation, and especially for farming divisions off-rotation, the Operation was insanely popular because of how easy it was to complete and rack up large amounts of silver and XP. Reasons for this include but are not limited to:

• XP for shooting down planes, motivating players to use full-AA ship specifications and captain skills. And boosted sales of USS Sims, easily the best choice for farming (guilty!)
  • Intentionally provoking additional plane spawns by moving into the 9th column or straying too far from the convoy for the purpose of boosting earned XP. Although the AI was very aggressive and very accurate in dive-bombing offending players this was trivially countered by a smokescreen with a third-party spotting the aircraft now milling around the smoke cloud.
  • Mostly static spawning points of Schnellboots, motivating players to race ahead to intercept to farm credits and achievements (Natural Selection, rewards extra XP). This carried no risk because:
  • No real threat to Green AI convoy ships. The Green AI was very good at dodging incoming torpedoes. The random artillery shells were more directed at the players, and did little alpha damage. The ships had enough HP to survive dive-bombing attacks, and those that didn't were considered expendable as you could afford to lose 30% of the convoy (and 30% of the soldiers, tbh)for a 5 star win. Evacuating soldiers on player ships could be killed when taking damage, but were immune on convoy ships. There was no incentive to stay close and shepherd them home. XP and Credit rewards were disassociated from your proximity to the convoy.
  • Trivially pathetic Red opposition. Despite buffing their HP the Schnellboots were still easy one-shot (full broadside) kills. Boosting their HP merely resulted in more damage dealt by players and greater silver rewards. They did not attempt to dodge torpedoes aimed in front of them and always sailed in predictable lines of attack. The torpedo bombers were ineffective XP pinatas because of excellent convoy dodging. The dive bombers could be quite effective but often not enough survived to drop and the bombs never did enough damage to one-shot kill big convoy ships.

Considering WG concerns about the game economy I'm not surprised Dynamo was removed. I hope it is not permanent because the issues identified above can be addressed.

It would be very timely to reintroduce the Operation to coincide the release of the French Destroyer line. The original iteration balanced for Tier 5 was obviously much better balanced because of the limited participants and the ease of calculating performance. I would not recommend re-introducing the Operation for T6/T7 as before, and certainly not to include US and USSR Destroyers. I would recommend including the Premium Tier 6 French Destroyer Aigle and the Premium Tier 6 British Destroyer Gallant (Aigle is available for cash, Coal, and Doubloons; Gallant is available for cash and Doubloons). Tier 6 would also be represented by the British Destroyer Icarus, another historical participant, and forthcoming French Destroyer Guépard. I would also make the case for allowing ORP Blyskawica as sole T7 because a) she participated, b) she's available for cash and Doubloons, and c) owners were moaning about her being power-creeped, this would give her something special to do. And if reintroducing the Operation happened to boost sales of any of those Premium ships then so much the better. :cap_money:

Balancing Operation Dynamo around Tier 6 Destroyers with not very good AA would see Blyskawica becoming much sought-after for farming, having decent AA and great guns. Fix the unintended consequences of motivating selfish behaviour and it would be great again. Boost the number of attacking Schnellboots, and/or make them more evasive, nerf the credits rewards, remove XP earned on intentionally spawned aircraft, make the convoy ships more vulnerable and less agile (give us a reason to smoke for them). I would rather see Dynamo back in rotation with normalised rewards than never see it again.

TL;DR bringing back Dynamo for introducing the French line of Destroyers would be very fitting, but needs some work to rebalance difficulty and rewards.

• Cool 12
  • Bad 1

[SB]
Players
141 posts
1,625 battles

In addition to the very good points you make here: It would be a good testing ground for new AA mechanics. One of the biggest issues in the game at the moment is the lack of interaction between ships and aircraft. If WG wants to test any changes to the current mechanics, this operation is pretty much tailor made for testing ship-side AA changes. It could help develop a mechanic that is balanced and fun for the surface ships.

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
4,469 posts
18,504 battles

Strange thing: out of nine destroyers lost during Operation Dynamo three are (or will be) in the game: Wakeful, Bourrasque, and Siroco. Two Tier IVs and a Tier V.  So that forms part of my suggestion: Tune the mission to allow UK / French DDs of Tier IV, V and VI, and invert the rewards according to the Tier - the lower the Tier ship you bring, the higher the difficulty, the higher the reward. None of these ships have AA worth a damn, but they all have decent speed, guns and manoeuvrability: but can the player use them in a confined channel with mines and torpedo spam to worry about? Keep the Schnellboots coming, along with dive bombers and coastal artillery which can shoot straight (like the ones in Narai) and it might become a little more challenging and exciting to play: I definitely found the first, low Tier, version to be more fun than the later one, and wouldn't mind revisiting it, especially if they made Anthony and Cyclone ships that you could get by playing the mission. 

Players
6,058 posts
12,094 battles

I bought Cossack and Sims mostly because these could be used in Dynamo. I'm pretty sure that owners of tier 6 and 5 DDs would like sucha  change, but owners of Cossacks and Sims would be less happy about this change.

This operation was great for farming, but it was also great for having a good time! Last thing I would want is for another previously fun ops to become more frustrating like some of the other reworked operations have become (like Raptor and to a lesser extend Narai and Hermes).

I think that making the mere changes of adding the new plane ai along with a base reduction of XP and silver gain, this should make Dynamo plenty balanced without it becoming less fun and more frustrating.

So while I do like to see Dynamo making a return, I will have to respectfully disagree with the proposed changes suggested in the opening post :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3

Players
6,058 posts
12,094 battles

And about the "dynamo not hard enough" part, that's what hard mode is supposed to be for. lets leave something for the n00bs and the plebs, ok? :Smile_great:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
20,052 battles

I too would like Operation Dynamo to return. It was fun and I used the non historic Haida lots for the operation. 

I'm all for the T6&7 + Cossack version to return. Perhaps without the USN DDs, as it was harder to farm planes with other nations. A case could be made to disallow Soviet DDs too for historical reasons.

A different version for T4-6 could be fun and I like some of the OP's suggestions, but not at the cost of losing the T6-7 operation. 

[-TPF-]
Players
4,469 posts
18,504 battles

44 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I bought Cossack and Sims mostly because these could be used in Dynamo. I'm pretty sure that owners of tier 6 and 5 DDs would like sucha  change, but owners of Cossacks and Sims would be less happy about this change.

True, but what that means is that they should have made a Tier VII and VIII DD focused Operation rather than Rogue Wave. DD play (at its best) is adrenaline pumping stuff, no need for gimmicks in the setting.

If the operation is themed around Dynamo then it should be made for the ships which actually took part in that historical action. And that is do-able.... Tier IV/V and VI aren't that far apart in terms of capabilities. I don't want hard, but a challenge is good... make the map a bit bigger, add in a couple of V-25/Killer Whale style gunboats, make the players sweat on their HP when the plane attacks happen and cheer when they get to the other side of the Channel and the Spitfires appear......

• Cool 1

Players
1,067 posts
15,102 battles
4 hours ago, MadGunna said:

In addition to the very good points you make here: It would be a good testing ground for new AA mechanics. One of the biggest issues in the game at the moment is the lack of interaction between ships and aircraft. If WG wants to test any changes to the current mechanics, this operation is pretty much tailor made for testing ship-side AA changes. It could help develop a mechanic that is balanced and fun for the surface ships.

This compliments nicely with invicta2012's suggested Tier 4 to Tier 6 balancing, with generally poor AA to work with.

3 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Strange thing: out of nine destroyers lost during Operation Dynamo three are (or will be) in the game: Wakeful, Bourrasque, and Siroco. Two Tier IVs and a Tier V.  So that forms part of my suggestion: Tune the mission to allow UK / French DDs of Tier IV, V and VI, and invert the rewards according to the Tier - the lower the Tier ship you bring, the higher the difficulty, the higher the reward. None of these ships have AA worth a damn, but they all have decent speed, guns and manoeuvrability: but can the player use them in a confined channel with mines and torpedo spam to worry about? Keep the Schnellboots coming, along with dive bombers and coastal artillery which can shoot straight (like the ones in Narai) and it might become a little more challenging and exciting to play: I definitely found the first, low Tier, version to be more fun than the later one, and wouldn't mind revisiting it, especially if they made Anthony and Cyclone ships that you could get by playing the mission. 

I can get behind this. Operations for Tier 4 is unprecedented, and the original iteration of Dynamo was the only ever example of Tier 5. I made a quick table of the ships that would be available and their offensive stats:

Name Tier Guns Reload Max HE dpm Velocity Short AA dps Mid-range AA Explosions Damage Action Zone
Bourrasque 4 4x130mm 6 sec 45,600  725 m/s              
Siroco 4 4x130mm 6 sec 45,600  725 m/s              
Jaguar 5 5x130mm 6 sec 57,000  725 m/s              
Guépar 6 5x139mm 4.8 sec 87,500  700 m/s              
Aigle 6 5x139mm 4.8 sec 125,000  700 m/s              
Wakeful 4 4x120mm 5 sec 72,000   811 m/s none   24 85.00% 1 210 1 - 2.5km
Acasta 5 4x120mm 5 sec 81,600   808 m/s 22 83.00% 24 85.00% 1 210 1 - 2.5km
Icarus 6 4x120mm 5 sec 81,600   808 m/s 96 85.00% none        
Gallant 6 4x120mm 5 sec 81,600   808 m/s              
Blyskawica 7 7x120mm 6.5 sec 109,837  900 m/s 54 88.00% 52 93.00% 1 630 0.9 - 3.5km

sorry, I'm missing some data.

2 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

This operation was great for farming, but it was also great for having a good time! Last thing I would want is for another previously fun ops to become more frustrating like some of the other reworked operations have become (like Raptor and to a lesser extend Narai and Hermes).

I appreciate your polite rebuttal :Smile_honoring: Actually, I'm a Cossack and Sims owner too, so would also miss out. But I think it must be acknowledged that the second iteration for the Royal Navy event was centred on Cossack playing a part (and hence up-tiering the other ships too) and trying to balance around that. And it failed.

I think that making the mere changes of adding the new plane ai along with a base reduction of XP and silver gain, this should make Dynamo plenty balanced without it becoming less fun and more frustrating.

So while I do like to see Dynamo making a return, I will have to respectfully disagree with the proposed changes suggested in the opening post :Smile_honoring:

Honestly I think that should be the extent of the changes really. The rest of my suggestions was just spit-balling over how easy the last iteration was in terms of risk/reward. Gunning down even 1500 HP Schnellboots in Icarus/Aigle would be enough of a challenge.

1 hour ago, Cambera_1 said:

I too would like Operation Dynamo to return. It was fun and I used the non historic Haida lots for the operation. 

I'm all for the T6&7 + Cossack version to return. Perhaps without the USN DDs, as it was harder to farm planes with other nations. A case could be made to disallow Soviet DDs too for historical reasons.

A different version for T4-6 could be fun and I like some of the OP's suggestions, but not at the cost of losing the T6-7 operation. 

I think we have to approach this from the fact that we have lost the T6/T7 version of Dynamo, and there are no promises to get it back (other than the 0.8.0 patch notes about working on new AI). As the original Operation was balanced for Tier 5 and only allowed three different ships to participate it worked much better. For historical and balancing reasons Sims has to go. My suggested T6 version with Blyskawica would allow five different ships of mostly uniform mediocrity. invicta2012's suggestion would expand that to ten different ships of again mostly uniform performance.

Sorry for responding to you all at once. Snip me if you want to feedback.

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
4,469 posts
18,504 battles

I would agree with all of the above, except the inclusion of Blyska. She's way too strong. Seven rail guns, fast torps, high speed.... Every bit a match for Cossack, if played right, and way stronger than an Acasta! 

Players
6,058 posts
12,094 battles
11 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

True, but what that means is that they should have made a Tier VII and VIII DD focused Operation rather than Rogue Wave. DD play (at its best) is adrenaline pumping stuff, no need for gimmicks in the setting.

If the operation is themed around Dynamo then it should be made for the ships which actually took part in that historical action. And that is do-able.... Tier IV/V and VI aren't that far apart in terms of capabilities. I don't want hard, but a challenge is good... make the map a bit bigger, add in a couple of V-25/Killer Whale style gunboats, make the players sweat on their HP when the plane attacks happen and cheer when they get to the other side of the Channel and the Spitfires appear......

But if you want historical action with historical ships, operations will quickly become a total mess.

Last bit sounds like you want a hardmode version. Right now, if we want a higher difficulty level, we go in with fewer people (but for example for narai, going in with 5 instead of 7 is already pushing it).

Players
6,058 posts
12,094 battles
10 hours ago, DanSilverwing said:

I appreciate your polite rebuttal :Smile_honoring: Actually, I'm a Cossack and Sims owner too, so would also miss out. But I think it must be acknowledged that the second iteration for the Royal Navy event was centred on Cossack playing a part (and hence up-tiering the other ships too) and trying to balance around that. And it failed.

Honestly I think that should be the extent of the changes really. The rest of my suggestions was just spit-balling over how easy the last iteration was in terms of risk/reward. Gunning down even 1500 HP Schnellboots in Icarus/Aigle would be enough of a challenge.

I think we have to approach this from the fact that we have lost the T6/T7 version of Dynamo, and there are no promises to get it back (other than the 0.8.0 patch notes about working on new AI). As the original Operation was balanced for Tier 5 and only allowed three different ships to participate it worked much better. For historical and balancing reasons Sims has to go. My suggested T6 version with Blyskawica would allow five different ships of mostly uniform mediocrity. invicta2012's suggestion would expand that to ten different ships of again mostly uniform performance.

Sorry for responding to you all at once. Snip me if you want to feedback.

There's no need to remove certain ships if they have too much DPM. Just give the bot ships more hp to compensate for this higher DPM and the balance is returned. Same thing with planes.

Imo Sims and Cossack have to stay. I spend money based on this.

Dynamo was removed because of the plane ai. After this plane ai has been fixed, afaic it can return exactly as it was except for the same economical rewards.

Btw, the new game mode is not a good example of the way to go regarding the economical rewards. It's barely better then coop when it comes to XP and credits is even less.

Players
2,131 posts
20,074 battles

I would love to see Dynamo return and it would be a great way for WG to introduce the French DDs and I wouldn't mind it being used as a test bed for DD anti air especially now that AA is finally being made to work again. 

However I doubt WG are capable of bring this operation back that soon. Sadly I have resigned myself to the fact it's more likely they will create new operations without planes than successfully teach the AI to play the new type of air combat.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,947 posts
19,993 battles
15 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

And about the "dynamo not hard enough" part, that's what hard mode is supposed to be for. lets leave something for the n00bs and the plebs, ok? :Smile_great:

2 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

But if you want historical action with historical ships, operations will quickly become a total mess.

Last bit sounds like you want a hardmode version. Right now, if we want a higher difficulty level, we go in with fewer people (but for example for narai, going in with 5 instead of 7 is already pushing it).

There is no hard mode.

Tried Narai with 4 (speed run); 5 stars,  took about 12 minutes (we even killed all enemies before 1400 troops could land - but you get that star anyway if the transports hold more).

Imo the Ops are too easy if you even slightly know what you're doing / have to do - sadly it seems like half of WG's playerbase is lacking a functioning brain.

e.g. Narai:

With a decent team this Op is a walk in the park and you're basically fighting your allies for damage :Smile_trollface: (you don't even need 7 .. 4 decent players is enough).

However, if you get a sack of brainless potatoes, it's basically fighting for every star (and most of the times it's impossible to get 5 stars, because you can't go sink the enemy transports AND sink the CV AND protect the allied transports when entering the base).

Last night was horrible .. I even suspected some players of actively sabotaging the battle.

e.g.

The same player twice blocked the lead transport ship from entering the harbour (missing out 2 stars).

Battleships sailing behind the transports, letting them tank damage.

A Colorado that goes top right "to intercept the CV".

Multiple times BBs went to chase the transports. :Smile_facepalm: (saw twice a BB sail all the way left bottom)

DDs that die with the first 3 ships that spawn ... "but that usually doesn't happen" :Smile_sceptic:

ffs Narai is really not difficult :

3 BBs in front of the allied transports to tank

1 CA/CL to sink the enemy transports - preferably one with Radar

1 CA/CL to sink the CV - preferably one with torpedoes

2 more CA/CLs to sail between the BBs

DO NOT TAKE A FFFFING DD

I know players can make them work in this Op, but most players that can, won't pick a DD. Hence I see any DD on the team (if I don't know them) as a ship handicap.

Ffs this has become quite the rant (sorry @NothingButTheRain; I hope you know this isn't directed at you).

Everyday I meet people that make me wonder if a functioning brain is even needed. Everyday I meet people that make me lose hope in humanity.

And then I play probably one of the simplest games there is to play (i.e. Operation Narai) -possibly even simpler than Tetris- and STILL people can't figure out what to do. 

So. Many. Ffffing. Dumb. People.

BTW: 

Narai super ez speedrun mode :

3x Scharnhorst

4x Atlanta

Players
606 posts
40 minutes ago, lup3s said:

ffs Narai is really not difficult :

3 BBs in front of the allied transports to tank (triple Scharnhorst)

1 CA/CL to sink the enemy transports - preferably one with Radar (Atlanta)

1 CA/CL to sink the CV (any CA/CL with torpedoes - but I'd prefer Atlanta or Abbruzi or Fiji)

2 more CA/CLs to sail between the BBs (any CA/CL can do this task)

DO NOT TAKE A FFFFING DD

I know players can make them work in this Op, but most players that can, won't pick a DD. Hence I see any DD on the team (if I don't know them) as a ship handicap.

Narai super ez speedrun mode :

3x Scharnhorst

4x Atlanta

This last time was the first time I've really tried it since... ages ago. (Were their planes in it pre-rework? I seem to remember playing Pensa in it just after the line split last year, but not with much success!) I would make two changes to that lot...

One. IIRC Atlanta doesn't really bring anything over the other 3 key alternatives that is useful (i.e. radar is not really necessary for the troop ships - just go in nice n close with hydro, and AA is not needed anymore). I find Fiji is easily the best ship (in my port) for this - heal, smoke + hydro is best combination, and single fire torps are the fastest way to get rid of transports - 1 salvo and one torpedo for each and boom, you're moving on to the end part well ahead of the transports to start mopping up the campbelltown and dallas. Plus the RN SAP is devastating on cruisers and DD's and melts BB broadsides in a few salvos. With random teams it's not too hard to get natural selection and 120k+ damage by the time Missouri appears - at which point you go play with transports. Smoke is great for the later parts of the op and defending the troop ships. The only thing I sometimes miss is HE for the two Nicholas' (one with the first Emerald and one with the transports) - depending on how the early game has gone your approach angle can sometimes be awkward and you get some annoying bounces. Flint is probably similarly well suited with better smoke for the final part, and less potent AP but the option of HE... or Belfast without the torps (which are useful for Wyoming at start of game and BB's at the end game as well as the transports in between).

Two. Please bring a DD - you have one job... be the first spotted so you draw the bot focus fire... and if you survive you can torpedo the Missouri. Other than that, you are one less ship to take my damage and kills :Smile_trollface:!

I've never played the 'defend the transport' role so couldn't say for sure but I would like to try it with 3 - two of either Fiji/Belfast/Flint and a suitably tanky BB (Scharn or Gneis?) just in case they let something through :Smile_hiding:!?

Players
2,972 posts
22,184 battles
Vor 20 Stunden, DanSilverwing sagte:

pleasing symmetry with 0.6.8

Oh brother.

In case they do bring it back, here's an earlier suggestion of mine: the destroyers should be able to carry different numbers of evacuees, based on or at least in some way related to their tonnage, aka hit points. That would be one more incentive to use ships like Aigle, which was the largest but arguably worst DD for the mission the last time around.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,469 posts
18,504 battles
3 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Not all the time. This is just a named operation where there are a significant number of actual participant ships to play. 

3 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Last bit sounds like you want a hardmode version.

Just a bit of extra jeopardy and a need for concentration. I enjoy that. 

1 hour ago, lup3s said:

Last night was horrible .. I even suspected some players of actively sabotaging the battle.

He he. It was extraordinary. I derped one game in a remarkable way by trying to help other players out... So out of position we couldn't kill the last Colorado in the 120 seconds remaining as none of us were in the base. 

1 hour ago, lup3s said:

DO NOT TAKE A FFFFING DD

DDs are fun! Plus you can get around the map quickly, smoke up team mates who are being vexed by those CV and transport escorts, sink the Missouri, and torp spam the final waves of enemies. I think every Narai team needs at least one DD... That and a good quality cruiser (Fiji or Algerie). 

[SCRUB]
Players
3,947 posts
19,993 battles
2 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

DDs are fun! Plus you can get around the map quickly, smoke up team mates who are being vexed by those CV and transport escorts, sink the Missouri, and torp spam the final waves of enemies. I think every Narai team needs at least one DD... That and a good quality cruiser (Fiji or Algerie). 

A good DD player can be useful, but DDs just lack dpm and health. Torpedoes are strong but there a few Ops where you can (easily) get to broadside torp the bots. A DD in (most) Ops is mostly there to help the CLs with smoke screen (and to be a shell magnet), but then again you have CLs that can lay down smoke .. so all a DD offers (imo) is being a shell magnet :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

Players
243 posts
18,435 battles

I apologize OP, I will be that single bad guy who will openly downvote the suggestion - even if I have mixed feelings about it, and can otherwise actually relate to the points you've made. I am one of those players who would like to see this op be reintroduced the same way it used to be. And I'll go even further: yes, I confess, for personal reasons.

It is not because I require any more exp or free exp-grinding as I am already sitting on 3.5M+ free exp after purchasing every single freemium ship in game to date, and with tech trees being nearly complete already. It is the thrill and fun of the last version of Dynamo that I miss. It didn't matter if you had 6 completely clueless little mistakes on your team - you could practically solo, and definitely duo the whole operation in a mahan or a minsk (+ probably other ships, too). You weren't subject to losses via tardplay in this op, unlike in nearly each other op or gamemode in WoWS: here if you knew what to do, you would always win. The arcade-style shootathon was something I also loved: it had a good feel to it to just blow those schnellboots out of the water with a single salvo - often 6 in a row. It had hardly anything to do with the things WoWS regularly represents nowadays... it was a good place to go for some actual fun, and that "get away from it all" feeling. I don't mind the exp and credit parts. Although I would like to point out that exp farming has shifted to another OP I wouldn't like to name, but 4 ships are more than enough there too, and 3.5k base exp's are a sinch in 4-player-mode there too. And is also tard-proof if you bring your own team who can compensate for any "external shortcomings" during the week it's active. But I would not like to see Dynamo tier/ship adjusted, and in all honesty, I'd leave the A.I. as it is, too. Even if it did have shortcomings and made things even easier.  

P.S.: My downvote and requesting unchangedness are the two things that'll probably press your idea through, actually. :D Nowadays, I can't help but to feel WG is out to get me anyways lol. :D 

• Cool 2

Players
6,058 posts
12,094 battles
27 minutes ago, NicramDuel said:

I apologize OP, I will be that single bad guy who will openly downvote the suggestion - even if I have mixed feelings about it, and can otherwise actually relate to the points you've made. I am one of those players who would like to see this op be reintroduced the same way it used to be. And I'll go even further: yes, I confess, for personal reasons.

It is not because I require any more exp or free exp-grinding as I am already sitting on 3.5M+ free exp after purchasing every single freemium ship in game to date, and with tech trees being nearly complete already. It is the thrill and fun of the last version of Dynamo that I miss. It didn't matter if you had 6 completely clueless little mistakes on your team - you could practically solo, and definitely duo the whole operation in a mahan or a minsk (+ probably other ships, too). You weren't subject to losses via tardplay in this op, unlike in nearly each other op or gamemode in WoWS: here if you knew what to do, you would always win. The arcade-style shootathon was something I also loved: it had a good feel to it to just blow those schnellboots out of the water with a single salvo - often 6 in a row. It had hardly anything to do with the things WoWS regularly represents nowadays... it was a good place to go for some actual fun, and that "get away from it all" feeling. I don't mind the exp and credit parts. Although I would like to point out that exp farming has shifted to another OP I wouldn't like to name, but 4 ships are more than enough there too, and 3.5k base exp's are a sinch in 4-player-mode there too. And is also tard-proof if you bring your own team who can compensate for any "external shortcomings" during the week it's active. But I would not like to see Dynamo tier/ship adjusted, and in all honesty, I'd leave the A.I. as it is, too. Even if it did have shortcomings and made things even easier.  

P.S.: My downvote and requesting unchangedness are the two things that'll probably press your idea through, actually. :D Nowadays, I can't help but to feel WG is out to get me anyways lol. :D 

You, Sir, are my hero! :cap_money:

And feel free to invite me for any ops, especially if it's with just 4 men :Smile_honoring:

This ops came close to the last iteration of Sunray normal mode, in which I complemented Wargaming about this ops being in my opinion nearly perfect when it comes to difficulty and being able to carry enough potatoes if you were skilled enough.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,947 posts
19,993 battles
13 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

@lup3s Sounds more like you are simply above average <strategic snip>

You talked to my gf? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,414 posts
12,277 battles

Even though I want to join this funny de-railing of the topic,

I will not! Please stay on topic gents :)

• Cool 1

Players
6,058 posts
12,094 battles
14 hours ago, Excavatus said:

Even though I want to join this funny de-railing of the topic,

I will not! Please stay on topic gents :)

I suppose you deleted a couple comments that I haven't seen? Because the most recent ones visible before your modbreak is from about 2 weeks ago :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this