WG Staff
2,392 posts
4,270 battles

Captains!

Due to the installation of the Update, the server will be unavailable

from Thu. 27 Jun. 07:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 27 Jun. 07:00
to Thu. 27 Jun. 10:00 CEST (UTC+2) / your local time: Thu. 27 Jun. 10:00
Update size: 1.5 GB

With Update 0.8.5, World of Warships takes you into a post-apocalyptic future. What's coming your way? Nine modified destroyers, four-team battles for Fuel Tokens, a new Clan Battle format, the return of the Ranked Battle Sprint, improved matchmaking, and much more!

[ALONE]
Modder
2,136 posts
13,652 battles

I really like how the port-UI runs smooth now.

Flags, camos, missions loading, modules installing.

Give that new UI-guy a beer! :Smile_honoring:

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

And once again you changed my port without asking for permission. Will you ever learn that you should not annoy your players?

• Cool 8

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles

I made sure to predownload the update and checked that it was downloaded earlier this morning, and now there's another GB to download? Some of us are under data caps.

[GNG]
[GNG]
Players
5 posts
18,172 battles

The music that i have added in the game(my own) doesn 't play.Proper file(userMusic) in proper location (file res) with proper file types.

[-YR-]
Players
604 posts
16,870 battles

0.8.5  the end of CV playing.

New AA mechanic is a total disaster. Simply stop playing CV. 

Well Done! 

Just remind me, what was the purpose of CV rework? to increase the number of CV players ?

:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,583 battles

Pains me to say it, but it seems WG managed to do good job with AA change.  :cap_rambo:

As a CV you can still sh*t on isolated targets, targets with weak AA. You can get those 100k+ dmg numbers but dedicated AA ships or blobs of ships will absolutely devastate your squadron and you need to be careful.

It's still early days but, dmg wise, it feels much better.

Now let CV only spot on the map and we are golden :cap_like:

• Cool 4
  • Bad 3

[ADRIA]
Players
273 posts
12,254 battles
16 minutes ago, Alfa_Tau said:

0.8.5  the end of CV playing.

New AA mechanic is a total disaster. Simply stop playing CV. 

Well Done! 

Just remind me, what was the purpose of CV rework? to increase the number of CV players ?

:Smile_honoring:

Purpose was to make it balanced and fair which it wasnt. Planes cant magically fly thru blobs now without losing planes. 

Also, the number of cv players quadrupled after the rework so stop whining and adapt to the new meta. 

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

AA: works as intended. A bit onlogical to focus a single plane, but at least it means you don't get shanked from the very start and with impunity
Port-UI: from atrocious to "acceptable"

I do encounter a graphical glitch though, when the AA-guns are firing, there are large white triangles that sporadically flash up, with the tip coming from the superstructure. As if a mask or something hasn't been set to transparent.

[-YR-]
Players
604 posts
16,870 battles
5 minutes ago, Miki12345 said:

Also, the number of cv players quadrupled after the rework so stop whining and adapt to the new meta. 

I already adapted to the new "meta"

going to paly only other classes like I have done in the last 2 years.

I was sincerely engaged in the new mode but I am tired of this "hammering fix" .

No problem any way still have fun in BB CA and DD. 

Simply not going to contribute to other people records of shot down planes 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,645 posts
10,081 battles

I have never seen the port UI be this quick. Even contact list works like a charm, everything is so smooth now :Smile_great:

1985320089_thumbarnold.jpg.26676aba74a38180e608283ddd80bd81.jpg

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles

I like the GZ buffs, torpedoes now really feel punchier, and I'm getting more citadels with AP bombs. Not bad :Smile_medal:

Also, as a CV player I won't complain about AA buff....I mean I've been losing planes with tier 8 CVs before, I'm losing them now, but the difference is, I can actually make some damage with surviving planes(still talking about GZ) :cap_like:

[BWOLF]
[BWOLF]
Players
145 posts
28,656 battles

Two minor things, one major. Minors first - stop changing my port without my consent and there seems to be a bug on in game "HUD" bottom left where the numerical HP of your ship displays OK but receive one shot and the coloured ship bar hits zero even if you have 95% HP.

The major thing - I play nearly only co ops due to a disability - WHAT have u done to them in this patch ?? From Tier 4 to 10 the LONGEST game today is 2.5 minutes, utter boring trash with games ending with 3/8 enemy still alive or suiciding straight away. Fix this or Im off to pastures new what was fun is now tragically DULL.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Switching ships in port now causes critical errors freezing up the game. Neat!

[BOBS2]
Players
43 posts
13,541 battles

Ok did the pre download last nigh as always, this bloody install has been stuck on 72% for the last bloody hour and I started the download at 10am GMT, never seen it so slow and I am on 70down 20 up broadband connection, firewall and ports all configured too

[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,583 battles

I wish people down voting me actually write why? What is their take on recent changes. @wot_2016_gunner @wielorybwacek

Cos if you ask me CV gameplay actually feels right: Strong AA ships take down planes, weak AA ships are still vulnerable, DDs are still f**ked.. ... It's just you can't fly 3 times over des moins without losing a single plane. As it fu**king should be.

Ships and classes are (should be) balanced for ALL players not just 2 out of 24 in a match.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
1 post

The game doesnt go past Synchronizing screen. Yesterday, after the update, it was working fine and UI was much smoother and everything. Now, after the patch rolled out, it gets stuck at that screen and I wont be able to complete Day 4 missions (and 7 days of premium are getting wasted away) =\

I already tried running the integrity check on steam.

Players
112 posts

Hello,

since the update i have problems with the ships HP scale. At a specified level of received Damage, the Entire scale will be complete empty. So you might think, that you are lowHP as Fugg! Anybody has same problem?

[BWOLF]
[BWOLF]
Players
145 posts
28,656 battles
7 minutes ago, KineticImpact said:

Hello,

since the update i have problems with the ships HP scale. At a specified level of received Damage, the Entire scale will be complete empty. So you might think, that you are lowHP as Fugg! Anybody has same problem?

Identical problem see my post above - cant tell from the graphic if its worth using a heal or not !!!!!!

• Cool 1

[NMA]
Players
1,221 posts
18,583 battles
5 minutes ago, WynnZeroOne said:

So, still broken then. That's DD and CV communities unhappy.

It's a thing that can't be solved with AA rework/buff/change. CV Spotting is still a problem and DD still suffer.

• Cool 1

[Z3NIT]
Players
696 posts
12 minutes ago, WynnZeroOne said:

Read the freely available delay news.

That is? I went on the site no news daily or not....