You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Armada: Benham

15 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Here is as good a place to ask as any: is the Benham going to be exclusively available to grind out in the Rogue wave event or will it be available (possibly later) in the armory for say free XP/coal? We've been waiting for a free XP DD quite a while now and this one would be a nice candidate.

@MrConway, @Crysantos?

• Cool 5

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,483 posts
19,733 battles
33 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Here is as good a place to ask as any: is the Benham going to be exclusively available to grind out in the Rogue wave event or will it be available (possibly later) in the armory for say free XP/coal? We've been waiting for a free XP DD quite a while now and this one would be a nice candidate.

@MrConway, @Crysantos?

Already answered on reddit:

This sucks.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

No ship is worth trading my sanity (or what little has been left of it after PEF/Exeter) for anymore.

• Cool 5

[RONIN]
Players
1,665 posts
8,596 battles
35 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

No ship is worth trading my sanity (or what little has been left of it after PEF/Exeter) for anymore.

Pef is op

[T-N-T]
Players
3,585 posts
16,408 battles

Well damn, I expected it to be available in the armory for a more common resource later on. That puts a really huge amount of stress on anybody hoping to get it.

Players
3,339 posts
16,113 battles

I could easily let myself go at this point and say a lot of things which would get me instantly and permanently banned not only from the forum, but the game itself.

Yes, I feel THAT strongly about the decision to make Benham a ship which you can only get by playing the Rogue Wave mode, or paying exhorbitant amounts of cash for containers. :Smile-angry:

The carrier rework was supposed to increase inclusivity. Now, WG have gone backwards. The highlight (ha! ha!...."highlight") of a new patch is something which appeals to a limited set of people. A new mode, and mission. The mode is not "eveyone's cup of tea" , and the mission requires a big time committment in summer.

I don't know who designed this new mode, but whoever it was I think that their parents must have met only once, and then briefly. I'm racking my brains to try and think of ANY change in WoWS that I have found more unattractive than this one.

And is it some sort of homage to Johnny Cash by any chance? ("Ring of Fire")

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Since I'm seeing @MrConway making the rounds, exactly what kind of a pizza would I have to order to be delivered to your office for the Benham to become available as a free XP premium?

You know, hypothetically speaking ...

[MORIA]
Players
7,317 posts
36,044 battles
3 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Already answered on reddit:

This sucks.

So it won't be for cash like Georgia?

[PN]
Players
3 posts
5,639 battles

The statement on DD-Crews in the Vid, absolutely true!

My 2nd in Command used to be a Leftenant on a Fletcher-Class Destroyer in the Greek Navy, when he talks you listen!

Players
43 posts
8,494 battles

While I do sympathize with those that would like to acquire the Benham through other means, the selfish part of me is somewhat relieved that there won't be too many of these monsters spewing out 16 10.5 km torpedoes every 85 seconds.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
263 posts
7,739 battles

I'm also not feeling especially fuzzy about this event. I'm a destroyer main and mostly play US DDs so the Benham would ordinarily be a huge motivator for me. It can be difficult to gauge the investment needed from a text article but the amount of time and effort that is needed to get her appears excessive and it also requires playing a new game mode which I'm not especially enthusiastic for. The containers look like awful value for money as a way of getting any meaningful volume of tokens. I'm thinking that no ship is worth treating a game like a job and stressing myself out doing things I wouldn't otherwise be doing.

If the Benham were available for free xp or coal I would 100% go for her. If WG are only going to make premiums available through events like this I wish they'd take a leaf out of World of Tank's book and treat the event as effectively a discount off purchasing her (e.g. complete 50% of the event for a 50% discount). At present the way these events are run feels very all or nothing - I have to decide up front whether I'm playing WoWS solidly for the next month or just not bothering at all. If anything this event seems even worse than normal as there are multiple different hoops to jump through and all must be jumped through.

[T-N-T]
Players
3,585 posts
16,408 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

It's the bloody mission for completing 48/50 dailies that artificially limits it all.

Technically, you could only complete 17 days of daily missions (while grinding the directives, getting the bazillion credits in the savage battles for missions and getting daily shipments) to get 102 fuel.

But that would make you fail the aforementioned 48/50 mission for another 100 fuel.

Seriously, WG, @MrConway @Crysantos you should at least lower that one mission to 40/50 daily missions or at least 45/50. Currently you only allow one day off for a month. That is simply absurd.

EDIT: Oh, and another issue with daily missions is that playing the savage battles has a much lower chance to win than other modes. Only 3/12 people win. Daily missions require wins to progress. Gosh this will be awful.

• Cool 3

Players
390 posts

if you don't want to spend money, you have had bad luck and don't get the ship.

the event reminded me of the Kamikaze R grind years ago and exactly the ship is a kamikaze r on level 9 strong op and found good if you can not afford it ^__^