Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SpartanFretum

Hidden upcoming AA changes

26 comments in this topic

Question

Players
77 posts
15,993 battles

In the Following video, some hidden changes are applied to the upcoming update. 

It appears on the video that someone from Wargaming is confirming these changes at 1:20.

So, lets talk about the important staff.

Why these changes are not announced? Shouldn't we not know about them, since it effects our gameplay, especially us, the users that have bought premium CVs? How the TP healing consumable will be effected (it seems to be ineffective with the new update). It also effects the adrenaline rush commander skill. Which means, its gonna be useless to some/many cases. 

I would like an official confirmation, and a clear answer on the following questions:

1) is this true? and if it is,

2) shouldn't we be informed first?

3) as it effects the CV we chose to buy at the time, shouldn't we be entitled to a FULL refund? NO doublons, off course, since we chose that specific one, and not another that we don't fancy.

4) How would you feel, if you bought a car and when you take it to the dealership for a service, an untested update on ECU was applied to your car, without anyone telling you about it, with the risk of damaging your product? Wouldn't you feel cheated the least?

@MrConwayI believe you are one of the officials, that you can answer these, If not, please refer this matter to the one responsible to answer

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

25 answers to this question

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,837 posts
Vor 11 Minuten, Maniattack sagte:

Why these changes are not announced?

you mean like this:

Zitat

Previously, in Update 0.8.4, AA defense mounts inflicted permanent damage to a randomly selected aircraft in a squadron per a set frequency. This concept allowed ships to cause damage to the entire squadron. So, if the aircraft hovered over a ship too long, her AA defenses could shoot down most of them. However, if a squadron was flying over a ship for a short amount of time, there were situations when all the aircraft were damaged, but not a single plane was brought down.

To make the destruction of aircraft more consistent, AA defense mounts now inflict damage only to the last aircraft in the squadron. Thus, a player can be confident that their AA defenses are focused on a single target, shooting it down much quicker as a result. At the same time, most of a squadron’s aircraft will remain untouched during the attack, especially those in the attacking flight. The first planes in the squadron will receive damage only if a player is unable to avoid the shell explosions of AA defenses.

• Cool 4

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,837 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Maniattack sagte:

Zitat is the official announcement? 

it is a quote from the official patch notes...

• Cool 1

Players
77 posts
15,993 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

it is a quote from the official patch notes...

Can you show me what notes? Cause as I have red the announcements on the news you receive in game and videos, I didn't saw anything there

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
14 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

you mean like this:

I've only seen the official information about the AA changes in 0.8.5 like a day or so ago, on the web page, and not even on the video nor on the forums have they OFFICIALLY announced AA changes, only news about it I've heard from people who've played on PTS, but nothing from wg officially.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,837 posts

Can you show me what notes?

? they are published on the wows page, in the GC and of course ingame...as always...

• Cool 2

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,837 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Filipin00 sagte:

but nothing from wg officially.

so the patch notes are not "wg officially"?

• Funny 2

Players
77 posts
15,993 battles
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

? they are published on the wows page, in the GC and of course ingame...as always...

as confirmed from the user above, there is nothing there

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,837 posts

as confirmed from the user above, there is nothing there

but sure

asder.thumb.JPG.0b0905d69945cf3b8d8922115b36cf37.JPG

• Cool 3

Players
77 posts
15,993 battles
Just now, Klopirat said:

Buddy, there is nothing on the patch notes, All these information are from users that read forums, and especially Reddit. You can check the notes in the page you provided and read the news. There is NOTHING there about this matter. As I said, hidden changes, unannounced. But definitely will effect peoples gameplay, especially those that bought Premium CVs

• Bad 2

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

No, you're misinterpreting my words, nothing from wg until :etc_swear:ing 2-3 days before the actual update goes live(as it's said that update is going live on 27th of june.......).

And update 0.8.5 was in PTS for weeks and we only get official info on AA changes NOW??

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,837 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, Maniattack sagte:

there is nothing on the patch notes,

the quote in my first answer and the screenshot are from the patch notes!

• Cool 1

Players
77 posts
15,993 battles
2 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

but sure

asder.thumb.JPG.0b0905d69945cf3b8d8922115b36cf37.JPG

Thank you for the information, I see it was posted yesterday. I actually tried to post this yesterday, before that news patch, and then I had some problems in the area with my provided, so, my post was done today. So its official. I would like to see official answers to my questions though about the consumable, and the adrenaline rush skill.

Players
77 posts
15,993 battles
9 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

No, you're misinterpreting my words, nothing from wg until :etc_swear:ing 2-3 days before the actual update goes live(as it's said that update is going live on 27th of june.......).

And update 0.8.5 was in PTS for weeks and we only get official info on AA changes NOW??

It doesn't matter when it was tested, and for how long, and why it was announced in the last minute. What really matters, is the fact that people have paid to buy products that are effected a lot by these changes. Those products can be either premium CVs, or even non premium CVs, that people either bought, used converted XP from doublons, or even demounted upgrades with doublons to mount them on the next tier CV. ALL THESE  transactions are affected by these changes, and users SHOULD have the option to test these changes and if they don't like them, take refund. 

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
26,218 posts
14,123 battles

It was also announced in the Dev Blog weeks ago that they were testing this model on PTS....

Nothing new.

• Cool 2

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,788 battles
31 minutes ago, Maniattack said:

ALL THESE  transactions are affected by these changes, and users SHOULD have the option to test these changes and if they don't like them, take refund. 

So every time the CVs get a buff, I should be able to get a refund for my Atlanta?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
5 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

So every time the CVs get a buff, I should be able to get a refund for my Atlanta?

CV, buff?

You must be joking....right?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[CATS]
Players
26,218 posts
14,123 battles
2 minutes ago, Filipin00 said:

CV, buff?

You must be joking....right?

Riiiight.

0.8.0 and 500k games never happened...

Players
77 posts
15,993 battles
8 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

I want a refund for my atlanta too. Is that wrong?

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,788 battles
Just now, Maniattack said:

I want a refund for my atlanta too. Is that wrong?

The question is: "Should WG give a refund every time they change ANYTHING?"

I say: No!

Players
77 posts
15,993 battles
57 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

The question is: "Should WG give a refund every time they change ANYTHING?"

I say: No!

When you buy a premium ship, you consider everything, and see the pros and cons. That decision is based not on the heat of the moment, but based on the  stats, abilities, and factors of the ship. If that changes, EVERYONE should be able to get refund.

• Bad 1

Players
3,130 posts
10,613 battles
20 minutes ago, Maniattack said:

When you buy a premium ship, you consider everything, and see the pros and cons. That decision is based not on the heat of the moment, but based on the  stats, abilities, and factors of the ship. If that changes, EVERYONE should be able to get refund.

I haven't looked into the legality of the process but if it's like a contact and something changes that isnt stipulated then it's illegal.

But it's a blanket one as it relates to the silver line too.

The only reason they offered to give back gold for the Belfast and Kurt was they knew just how OP they were and wanted to take them back. Anyone who thinks it was due to  the smoke nerf were just naive. 

Like the Rework and CV's.  They knew in the long run they would make more money, and they are. 

Always question WG motives if it's too do with anything, there is normally a financial reason for it. 

Kids in this day and age are too naive i'm afraid to say. 

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,788 battles
11 minutes ago, Maniattack said:

Sooo….refund every patch then?

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,788 battles
14 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

I haven't looked into the legality of the process but if it's like a contact and something changes that isnt stipulated then it's illegal. 

If the change is to the thing you bought: Yes!

But here the change affect the whole game, every plane, premium or not and every ship that has AA, premium or not.

• Cool 1

Players
3,130 posts
10,613 battles
19 minutes ago, Hanse77SWE said:

If the change is to the thing you bought: Yes!

But here the change affect the whole game, every plane, premium or not and every ship that has AA, premium or not.

And that's why they wont offer anything. :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this