Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Alfa_Tau

Adjust Post Battle XP formula

10 comments in this topic

[-YR-]
Players
604 posts
16,737 battles

Hello everyone and WG 

I have noticed that the post battle result XP formula assign many points to shot down planes.

In my opinion this points should be less as it requires very few skill to shoot down planes today compared to what it was pre 0.8.0 where the skillfull use of fighters could really make a difference.

Below you can see how weird is the system today .

I was the player in Hermes and I was granted the 2nd place simply because Langley shot down 8 planes more.  

We both achieved High Caliber but I killed 3 of the 4 ships and got 2 more achievement first kill and the other one for killing a ship after I died. 

this effect is magnified when people play AA CA/CL where they can sometime achieve relatively low result in terms of damage done but shot down 20 or more planes and they top the XP score (quite common in Ranked).

Please let me know your thoughts 

Xp issue planes.png

XP issue (2).png

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,769 posts
19,410 battles

No it doesn't.

Assuming they haven't changed the formula (and I'm not aware that they have) you need 40 plane kills to equal a full 100% HP kill. Hardly very rewarding.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
725 posts
11,930 battles

Guys you could explain stuff in more depth as it looks like the OP has no clue.

OP just compare how much damage you have done to enemies and how much damage to enemies the other CV have done.

Additionally take under consideration amount of spotting damage.

When you sum up both of them you will see that he has done more, you just killed low healt targets.

There is a lot of simplification in what I have stated but there is a video made by WG about how XP and silver is calculated.

You would like to watch that if you care about your earnings.

• Cool 1

[-YR-]
Players
604 posts
16,737 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Additionally take under consideration amount of spotting damage.

When you sum up both of them you will see that he has done more, you just killed low healt targets.

I did not kill low health targets or I wouldn't achieve the high caliber . 

About spotting damage perhaps that had an influence but still looks pretty weird to me.

Detailed Damage .png

[-YR-]
Players
604 posts
16,737 battles
3 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

The difference are not the plane kills.

Hello Colonel Pete

I consider you one the most expert in game mechanics. many of the post you made were really good.

Can you please help me to understand better how it works? Don't you think there is some kind of imbalance ? 

Thanks

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
26,032 posts
14,064 battles

To know the reason for the difference, you would need the detailed result screens of both players.

It is possible that the other CV did more damage than you.

• Cool 1

[-YR-]
Players
604 posts
16,737 battles

Of course it is possible.

Thanks. 

By the way i checked the video from WG on economy,  where they explain (this is a big word but is better then nothing I guess) how XP are assigned.

According to video shooting down planes is the second rewarding action.

Wich bring me back to the point of this post, because although it is very important to protect the fleet from air assault (both with fighters or AA ) this is quite a passive action where little skill is involved.

I would assign more point for example to spotting damage or tanking. 

[SCRUB]
Players
3,772 posts
17,120 battles

Also, you could have done the same amount of damage, but the XP rewards looks at the relative damage done (damage done to the target compared to the targets total healthpool).

e.g.

1. you do 40k damage to a BB with 40k health, your ally does 10k damage to a DD with 10k health

= you both get the same XP

2. you do 40k damage to a BB with 40k health, your ally also does 40k damage, but to 4 DDs with 10k health

= your ally gets 4x the XP you get

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this