Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tun13

Steam Sale

36 comments in this topic

[BW-UK]
Players
4 posts
4,000 battles

Hi,

Just noticed the steam summer sale is on and it has some warships stuff for sale (list below) will wargaming be matching this sale as I had my account long before it was on steam and your unable to link my account to be able to get them.

World of Warships - Exclusive Starter Pack: £19.49 is£4.87 
World of Warships - Tachibana Lima Steam Edition: was£0.79 is£0.39
World of Warships - Smith Steam Edition: was £0.79 is £0.39
World of Warships - Yubari Steam Edition: was £3.99 is £0.99
World of Warships - Huanghe Pack: was £7.60 is £1.90 
World of Warships - Marblehead Lima Steam Edition: was £7.60 is £1.90
World of Warships - Admiral Graf Spee Pack: was £19.49 is £4.87
World of Warships - Texas Pack: was £19.49 is £4.87
World of Warships - Anshan Pack: was £19.49 is £4.87
World of Warships - IndianapolisPack: was £37.99 is £9.49
World of Warships - Haida Pack: was £33.99 is £8
World of Warships - Monaghan Pack: was £33.99 is £8

Players
2,511 posts
14,694 battles

I want Haida for this price. I can even break my wow to not to spend any more money on this game :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

Players
403 posts
14,402 battles

So, for £9.49 (Indianapolis pack) you get ;

Indianapolis

Commander with 6 skill points

Port slot

2500 Doubloons

50x Equal Speed Charlie London, Papa Papa, India Bravo Terrathree, Zulu, and Zulu Hotel signals.

Feel like we are being short changed in the Premium shop.

[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,067 posts
6,364 battles

Well, maybe we should write a ticket to the support, that the Premium Shop is showing wrong prices. And send them a link to the Steam shop, to compare the prices.

@Crysantos@The_EURL_Guy@WG_Lumberjack: when do we get that steam sale discounts in the premium shop? In my opinion is this the same game, the same goods => so there should be same prices and discounts! Everything else would be irrational.

• Cool 2

WG Staff
2,392 posts
4,270 battles
1 hour ago, Spartan_93 said:

Well, maybe we should write a ticket to the support, that the Premium Shop is showing wrong prices. And send them a link to the Steam shop, to compare the prices.

@Crysantos@The_EURL_Guy@WG_Lumberjack: when do we get that steam sale discounts in the premium shop? In my opinion is this the same game, the same goods => so there should be same prices and discounts! Everything else would be irrational.

11 hours ago, Tun13 said:

Hi,

Just noticed the steam summer sale is on and it has some warships stuff for sale (list below) will wargaming be matching this sale as I had my account long before it was on steam and your unable to link my account to be able to get them.

Hi,
Sales are part of the summer steam sale. 
We are going to have special discount events for regular premium store as well, later this year. 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,067 posts
6,364 battles
2 minutes ago, WG_Lumberjack said:

Hi,
We are going to have special discount events for regular premium store as well, later this year. 

Ok, thx for the quick answer. Good to hear that (but i doubt it, that we got -75% too)

• Cool 1

[BW-UK]
Players
4 posts
4,000 battles

How can a second party have better sales then wargaming it self. After all its all only game code, Its not like it has to do with shipping or production of the items that steam can do them cheaper. So because I have been a loyal wargaming customer for years and spending hundreds of pounds before they even teamed up with steam I get worst deals then some new player who just finds the game on the steam free to play listings. on top of that would of been nice to link my wargaming account with my steam to start with.

Got to love Customer Loyalty. if any think wargaming should not match it, it should beat the steam sale.

its still dose my head in that I can buy back old premiums I sold  for the silver/credit price I got for them. wouldn't be awesome if when u get premium it just unlocks it one the tech tree so you can buy/sell,

• Cool 6

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
10,062 battles
16 minutes ago, Tun13 said:

How can a second party have better sales then wargaming it self. After all its all only game code, Its not like it has to do with shipping or production of the items that steam can do them cheaper. So because I have been a loyal wargaming customer for years and spending hundreds of pounds before they even teamed up with steam I get worst deals then some new player who just finds the game on the steam free to play listings. on top of that would of been nice to link my wargaming account with my steam to start with.

Got to love Customer Loyalty. if any think wargaming should not match it, it should beat the steam sale.

its still dose my head in that I can buy back old premiums I sold  for the silver/credit price I got for them. wouldn't be awesome if when u get premium it just unlocks it one the tech tree so you can buy/sell,

I agree, this is something of a slap in the face for the rest of us.

Premium store/launcher users never get better than 30% off, and even then you need a voucher for the top discount. That your method of starting the game up determines how much you get gouged is frankly appalling and if be surprised if it was completely legal in the EU.

[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,067 posts
6,364 battles

I think, Steam (Valve) get some percentage if the sell games, DLCs, movies, ... at their shob. They do not sell their own product and need to get some profit from the "goods" they sell by proxy of developers/companies like WG.

They should be more expensive than direkt marketing/selling, because of the percentage.

Or other way round, direkt markting should be cheaper because there is no need to pay distributive channels like Steam for selling things.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
8 hours ago, WG_Lumberjack said:

Hi,

That begs the question:

Will the deals be equally good? I can't remember ever seeing anything quite like those discounts on the regular premium store.

That Indianapolis package alone is 2500 doubloon deal, with an added T-VII ship (30 €), plus port slot (1 €), plus 250 signals (12 €), plus a six point captain (unkown value) on top. Probably with some compensation if you already own the ship (Edit: someone said 7500 doubloons if you already own her. So full compensation. Unlike how the current premium store works). So more or less a 80 % reduction in regular price if you purchase similar items from the premium store currently.

• Cool 4

Players
10,315 posts
12,044 battles
5 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

That begs the question:

Will the deals be equally good? I can't remember ever seeing anything quite like those discounts on the regular premium store.

And do you get "good deals" as existing customer from your ISP or mobile operator?:cap_tea:

[CAIN]
Players
4,895 posts
20,467 battles
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

And do you get "good deals" as existing customer from your ISP or mobile operator?:cap_tea:

ISP no, Mobile yes.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
9 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Apples and oranges.

Those Steam deals are for existing players, as long as they play via the Steam version of the game.

And yes, I get access to special deals from my ISP too. I have to keep myself updated on my own, yet when I see them I can contact them and change my contract accordingly. So what was it you wanted to tell us with your post?

• Cool 1

Players
10,315 posts
12,044 battles
3 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Apples and oranges.

Those Steam deals are for existing STEAM players. And yes, I get access to special deals from my ISP too.

fixed. Also opportunity to bring in new players simply by virtue of "oh look, 75% discount". How many games you've purchased on discount and barely started playing, if at all?

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

How many games you've purchased on discount and barely started playing, if at all?

Zero.

I don't have a bad impulse control if I see a discount sign.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,846 posts
11,875 battles
16 hours ago, Tun13 said:

Hi,

World of Warships - Imperator Nikolai I Pack: was £7.60 is £1.90

World of Warships - Belfast Pack: was £35.99 is £8.49
World of Warships - Kutuzov Pack: was £53.99 is £12.49

World of Warships - Kitakami Steam Edition: was £49.99 is £11.49

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,986 posts
2 minutes ago, Blitz15 said:

Can i combine my steam-account with my standard Warships-account???

no

• Cool 1

[FG]
[FG]
Players
6 posts

I actually do feel betrayed. A lot. C'mon, we all know that this "later this year" is BS. Of course they will do some sort of discount somewhere down the line, so this answer says exactly nothing. The fact that they stay so vague is a clear signal to me that they will do some "hey, get that 50€ package 10% off" deals and wait for the steam sale to just blow over. I am taking a guess here: There is no equal thing planned. There never has been. WGs own customers just gotta spend.

WG, we have spent muchos deneros on this game, show us at leat the decency to admit to our faces when you F**** us over!

• Cool 1

Players
2,511 posts
14,694 battles
23 minutes ago, Norgur said:

I actually do feel betrayed. A lot. C'mon, we all know that this "later this year" is BS. Of course they will do some sort of discount somewhere down the line, so this answer says exactly nothing. The fact that they stay so vague is a clear signal to me that they will do some "hey, get that 50€ package 10% off" deals and wait for the steam sale to just blow over. I am taking a guess here: There is no equal thing planned. There never has been. WGs own customers just gotta spend.

WG, we have spent muchos deneros on this game, show us at leat the decency to admit to our faces when you F**** us over!

Usually, it is 30% of some lesser T8s and 50% of a few lower tiers.

No full doubloon compensation of course.

Even if (and it is a big IF) they will offer something of a better value this year I doubt it will be anywhere near the terrific value for money that steam offer is.

I guess it is hard to sell one of the hundreds of items in a game for a price of a full AAA production on the site where you can buy the other products rather than overpriced packs of pixels like we peasants can in the premium store. "Premium", hell yeah.

[1FA]
Players
407 posts
18,455 battles

Hi guys, any news when 75% sales on premium ship bundles become available to your most loyal players who started supporting your game long before it was available via Steam?

Players
1,067 posts
15,102 battles

Steam had the same sale last summer too.

Just bear in mind that Steam players missed out on every event, giveaway, special collection, promo, etc run before 2018 and will now never have the chance to do them, despite being loyal WG customers too.

Why are non-Steam players so steamed about something that doesn't affect them at all? It's just egocentric envy. It's not healthy.

• Cool 1

Players
6,058 posts
12,094 battles
On 6/26/2019 at 11:41 AM, WG_Lumberjack said:

Hi,

Hi.

Can we maybe please get this captain in wows please?

64913105_2496938670317461_84727809065059

:Smile_honoring:

Players
6,058 posts
12,094 battles
31 minutes ago, DanSilverwing said:

Steam had the same sale last summer too.

Just bear in mind that Steam players missed out on every event, giveaway, special collection, promo, etc run before 2018 and will now never have the chance to do them, despite being loyal WG customers too.

Why are non-Steam players so steamed about something that doesn't affect them at all? It's just egocentric envy. It's not healthy.

Well...it does affect non-steam users, so I don't know why you haven't removed those pineapples from your eyesockets yet :Smile-_tongue:

And besides, non-steam user here and I also missed out on all the specials you summed up there.

• Cool 1

[1FA]
Players
407 posts
18,455 battles
13 hours ago, DanSilverwing said:

Well, just one thing to consider: That extra s****load of doubloons for 25 % price certainly allows Steam players run premium accounts which translates directly into more credits and indirectly into more coal (by having easier access to daily coal drops). And this allows them to equip full sets of premium consumables and combat signals (available from the armory for credits or coal) every game thus giving them significant edge over players who cannot afford to run those consumables and signals in a such extent.