You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.5: Rogue Wave

80 comments in this topic

[POP]
Beta Tester
186 posts
9,029 battles

Why not limit CVs to max 1 per side? If queue is too long for CV players, then they won't queue on CV -> shorter CV queue -> problem solved.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,496 posts
6,082 battles

Wasnt there also gonna be a fix regarding large caliber continuous aa dps? Right now, they start unloaded, and the frequency of dmg tick is so low, that planes can fly straight past it without even getting shot.

• Cool 1

[GRHNP]
Players
43 posts

why only three CVs per side?? we need more, we love being circled around by clouds of flies like buckets full of manure:cap_look:........ every ticking sec can add another CV to the lineup...... seriously now this WILL NOT SOLVE whatever problem it was meant to solve...happy rocketing torping and bombing:cap_rambo:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[MAUI]
Players
27 posts
8,664 battles

If AA is gonna DMG only a single plane how's Plane Heal gonna work?

- Will it heal only only one plane?
- Immunity to DMG?
- Will it now only be usefull if you catch a flak bubble?

- What about CVs with small plane reserves? (Saipan for example) Or CVs with low plane hitpoints? (Kaga, GZ for example)

TALK WITH US WG!!!

We need INFORMATION not a small 218 word paragraph and that's all... GOD DAMN IT Wargaming!....

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[R7S]
Beta Tester
78 posts
19,870 battles

Only 3 cv in one match? why not 4 or 5? why not allow to form divs with more than 1 CV. It will be such much fun for the cv players.

coordmated airstrike on a surface ship in the first minutes? one surface ship down and only the CVs need to negotiate who is allowed to set  the kill strike.

In addition you bring torp soup II mode that is required tobe played if u want to go for the prem. ship. Sorry guys, this does not motivate me to spend time (and money) in this game, it has the opposite effect on me.

Even the smile of Dasha in the update vid wont change that.

... what a disappointment ...

• Cool 4

[R7S]
Beta Tester
78 posts
19,870 battles

all AA targeting one plane ... never rofl -ed that much; thank you WG ... best joke ever 

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,313 posts
36,016 battles

Benham will be available for those tokens. What a disappointment . I thought it’ll be for free exp, now I won’t have time to grind those tokens. I wanted it so much as fun DD :fish_glass:

• Cool 1

Players
6 posts
18,783 battles

what ever you will do WG you really destroyed the game after the cv rework.the worse ever? cvs in ranks.... if you dont change that only cvs will play here

• Cool 1

[MORIA]
Players
7,313 posts
36,016 battles
29 minutes ago, KiLLeR_GR3 said:

what ever you will do WG you really destroyed the game after the cv rework.the worse ever? cvs in ranks.... if you dont change that only cvs will play here

Go to rank topic not here, no more ranked mate on 0.8.5 on T10, it’ll be T7 sprint no cv. And you think that you won’t be whining? Lol I’m sure you will.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
273 posts
4,109 battles
2 hours ago, MacArthur92 said:

Benham will be available for those tokens. What a disappointment . I thought it’ll be for free exp, now I won’t have time to grind those tokens. I wanted it so much as fun DD :fish_glass:

Not just fun - totally lethal.

[DAVY]
Players
12 posts
4,033 battles

I have a real fear that with the AA changes, CVs are going to be totally useless... like no point in even trying to perform an attack on anything. I really do hope to god this has been tested properly, like uptiered CVs trying to attack highter tier ships.. I can see waves of aircraft just melting now, even worse than before

• Funny 1

[HEF]
Players
5 posts
7,394 battles
48 minutes ago, Smudge said:

I have a real fear that with the AA changes, CVs are going to be totally useless... like no point in even trying to perform an attack on anything. I really do hope to god this has been tested properly, like uptiered CVs trying to attack highter tier ships.. I can see waves of aircraft just melting now, even worse than before

Since most of us hate the CVs, this is actually very welcomed!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,313 posts
36,016 battles
22 minutes ago, Ligu101 said:

Since most of us hate the CVs, this is actually very welcomed!

And then you'll begin to moan about kleber speed. 

a1a3ed52167a2570ce289f98aabf2f54.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
17,849 battles
1 hour ago, Smudge said:

I'm sorry to dash your hopes but the change was dumped on the PTS less than three weeks ago as a "surprise" with Sub_Octavian only admitting they were testing the change when people noticed the difference and posted about it. So it has gone through whatever passes for internal-testing at Wargaming and two rounds of a PTS where a lot of people might have been concerned more with trying out the new game mode, neither of which seem to qualify as "tested properly".

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,657 posts
11,768 battles
3 hours ago, Smudge said:

If I get the changes right, it means that:

1. Now ships actually deal less AA damage (I'm pretty sure it used to damage a couple planes at a time but the sub-set of planes to get targeted was random) meaning that insane AA won't be able to clear entire squadrons. This includes DDs with decent AA not being able to clear fighters anywhere near as fast as they could.

2. Now ships perfectly focus down a single plane so meager AA will still be getting some kills - we'll see how it balances out with #1.

3. AR on carriers becomes useless. With damage spreading across planes somewhat it was possible to get the overall hp of squadron to levels where the speed boost had some impact. Now it just won't be happening, ever - you just lose a plane and the hp of the squadron is back to 100%, no bonus for you.

4. The entire risk-reward calculation of attacking with damaged squadron goes out the window. Unless you eat flak, you are just bound to lose a set number of planes on approach, depending on enemy AA. Attacking only with big squadrons so that damage spreads over the planes? Recalling a squadron because it has a lot of yellow planes? Forget that - plane hp no longer matters, it's all about the number of planes left

Somehow I feel like it's another step in the wrong direction. I don't feel like it's going to make it more satisfying for surface ships (DDs with good AA might actually suffer from the change). CVs, on the other hand, will be less fun. So... basically a change that makes game less fun for a minority AND brings no improvement for anyone else. A clear net decrease in game's fun factor. I mean, perhaps some CV players will give up on CVs, indirectly making it more fun for CV haters, so that might make it a bit less one-sided of a downgrade to the game. Then again, the CV-haters will still complain and feel victimized by the very presence of carriers in the game (so no, they won't be satisfied with the change anyway) AND WG supposedly wanted people to play CVs, so driving people away from the class doesn't seem to be their purpose... supposedly. Oh, well.

• Cool 1

Players
209 posts
14,777 battles

will I still be able to buy the new USSR special commander in 8.5?... I am traveling and can't log into the client until sunday...

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,822 posts
Vor 12 Minuten, aviaxis sagte:

will I still be able to buy the new USSR special commander in 8.5?

you should be, provisions tokens will stay in the arsenal until update 0.8.6.

Vor 13 Minuten, aviaxis sagte:

I am traveling and can't log into the client until sunday

you don't need to log in to the game, you can use the Armory with your normal browser (as long as your are logged in on the main wows page)

https://armory.worldofwarships.eu/en/

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
439 posts
7,016 battles
6 hours ago, eliastion said:

1. Now ships actually deal less AA damage (I'm pretty sure it used to damage a couple planes at a time but the sub-set of planes to get targeted was random) meaning that insane AA won't be able to clear entire squadrons. This includes DDs with decent AA not being able to clear fighters anywhere near as fast as they could.

As i read it: Your continuous AA shoots down planes 1 by 1, but you do the same damage with the continuous damage. Before the change your AA could do 8k damage, but not shoot down 1 plane. When you do 8k damage now, you will shoot down at least 3 planes.

So it's actualy a huge nerf for the CV's, and imo a very wrong one. The biggest problems are spotting and slingshots, not the plane survivability.

[OCTO]
Players
14 posts
10,868 battles

Is it a meme factory?

Community: German BBs, DDs and Yueyang are underperforming, need buffs.
WG: Yeah, lets give them more xp&credits for same performance.
Community: Erm... maybe their battle capabilities are lacking...
WG: No, no. See? Now they earn same xp&credits as other ships. Balans done!

• Cool 4

Players
17 posts

You're pretty courageous popping out big updates constantly. I'm not entirely sure that's very healthy if you want to expand player base. And like someone said limit CV's to one per side.

CV's is the worst thing about the game but one can behandled if they have to remain in game, two CV's ruins and unbalances gameplay immensely and totally nulls concealment and strategy.

Do this and take it easy with big updates and game will expand and be good. And don't just listen to CC's, listen to regular players to, they're the majority.

• Cool 1