You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
veslingr

Is it time to limit BBs in Ranked

58 comments in this topic

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

It looks like BBs are class that dominates  Ranked in almost every stat. 

Wr

DmG - top 5 star savers are BBs!!!!

And popularity 

So is it time to limit OP class like in CB? In CB BBs are declared OP and reduced to 1.....time to do similar in Ranked?

Screenshot_20190623-201534_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190623-195826_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190623-195516_Chrome.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
293 posts
16,854 battles

WR of Stalingrad, Bourgogne and Kremlin are inflated. Stalin and Bourgogne because they are steel ships and Kremlin because it is still new. The best ships this season were Daring, Henry and Hakuryu.

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
4 minutes ago, Captn_Crap said:

WR of Stalingrad, Bourgogne and Kremlin are inflated. Stalin and Bourgogne because they are steel ships and Kremlin because it is still new. The best ships this season were Daring, Henry and Hakuryu.

Inflated how? 

And stats do not support your opinion. Also if you look Staljingrad he has almost the same number of game as Haku ao he is ship That is not rare

Star saving is almost most important thing to advancing and BBs dominate dmg meters. Top 5 we have 5 bbs

• Boring 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, Lebedjev said:

I don't understand, what you are trying to say with these stat. :/

5 top star saving ships are BBs. Dmg is most important in exp gain and BBs dominate that chart. 

Also by WR BBs as class are dominant same as number of games played. 

In CB we have hard limit of BBs because they are declared OP and make cruisers ussles. 

So limit them in Ranked too? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[LADA]
Players
545 posts
8,438 battles

I'll just leave this here - (it follows him around like a bad smell). Courtesy of the Veslingr 'ships played' stats.

*Apparently this isn't his main account - so I can only assume his main account makes for amusing reading?*

Error 404 - Bias Not Found.png

• Funny 8

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
3 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

I'll just leave this here - (it follows him around like a bad smell). Courtesy of the Veslingr 'ships played' stats.

*Apparently this isn't his main account - so I can only assume his main account makes for amusing reading?*

Error 404 - Bias Not Found.png

:faceplam:

My last 110 games. 

Feel stoopid now?

Screenshot_20190623-203632_Chrome.jpg

• Funny 2

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
293 posts
16,854 battles
4 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Inflated how? 

And stats do not support your opinion. Also if you are Staljingrad has alkos the same number of game as Haku ao he is ship That is not rare

It's not about rarity or number of games. The average playerbase of steel ships is better than the playerbase of normal ships. Same goes for recently released ships.

• Cool 3

[LADA]
Players
545 posts
8,438 battles

Re; Veslingr

Do share your main acc name then? Or would it tell us something you'd rather we didn't know?

In any case as amusing as winding you up is - I'll settle your points above. You've plucked stats out of the air and tried to make them fit your argument - which doesn't really work. Allow me to explain.

WR =/= star saving. You know this. I know this. Every bugger who's played Ranked knows this.

Damage =/= XP. As you know - damage XP gain is calculated by percentage. 1000 dmg done by a rocket strike to a DD is weighted more so than the same dmg vs. a BB. That 1000 dmg also has a great influence on the outcome of the game if done early enough - but that isn't directly affected XP.

XP is far more than just damage - it is map control, damage upon spotting and vision control. All things that erm…. CVs are good at...

The main 'problem' CV was the Haku by most people's admission. That is only just beaten in the WR stakes by the Kremlin (very powerful BB in Ranked), the Stalingrad (powerful and usually piloted by experienced players) and Bourgogne (see Stalingrad) undermines your point.

Now I'm not going to engage you in any more verbal jousting over this because I don't see the point. We both have better things to do.

You plainly don't see any issue with CVs which is entirely your prerogative.

I on the other hand DO see a problem. Quite a few in fact.

Have fun (whatever your name is). 

• Cool 2

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 minute ago, Captn_Crap said:

It's not about rarity or number of games. The average playerbase of steel ships is better than the playerbase of normal ships. Same goes for recently released ships.

Why? 

You could buy steel for real money, you can buy freexp for real money.....

Nothing here indicates only good players have it. 

Also top 5 dmg ships you have 4 silver BBs. 

Dmg=save star

• Boring 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
8 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

Re; Veslingr

Do share your main acc name then? Or would it tell us something you'd rather we didn't know?

In any case as amusing as winding you up is - I'll settle your points above. You've plucked stats out of the air and tried to make them fit your argument - which doesn't really work. Allow me to explain.

WR =/= star saving. You know this. I know this. Every bugger who's played Ranked knows this.

Damage =/= XP. As you know - damage XP gain is calculated by percentage. 1000 dmg done by a rocket strike to a DD is weighted more so than the same dmg vs. a BB. That 1000 dmg also has a great influence on the outcome of the game if done early enough - but that isn't directly affected XP.

XP is far more than just damage - it is map control, damage upon spotting and vision control. All things that erm…. CVs are good at...

The main 'problem' CV was the Haku by most people's admission. That is only just beaten in the WR stakes by the Kremlin (very powerful BB in Ranked), the Stalingrad (powerful and usually piloted by experienced players) and Bourgogne (see Stalingrad) undermines your point.

Now I'm not going to engage you in any more verbal jousting over this because I don't see the point. We both have better things to do.

You plainly don't see any issue with CVs which is entirely your prerogative.

I on the other hand DO seem a problem. Quite a few in fact.

Have fun (whatever your name is). 

Dmg is closees to star saving we have in stats. If you played ranked ever you see how Conq easily save star and do 150 k + dmg being totally ussles for team

On opposite side is dd that just can not save star because capping, spoting means crap in exp gain. 

We have more than 1 topic where we discus how dmg value in exp is to much important. Yes fires do not influence % of ship dmg. 

But 

Burg - number one

Yam, Kreml and Repub do not play fire game and they are 3,4,5 by dmg. 

So yes it is closest we have for "starsaving star"

P.s.

Haku is 6th by WR and 6th by dmg.....no way it is most influencing ship in Ranked. 

https://wows-numbers.com/player/503182571,Drvosjeca_Adler/

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
293 posts
16,854 battles

Why? 

You could buy steel for real money, you can buy freexp for real money.....

Nothing here indicates only good players have it. 

Also top 5 dmg ships you have 4 silver BBs. 

Dmg=save star

You couldn't buy nowhere near enough steel to get a Stalingrad. I never said only good players have it. Of course also bad players have it but on average they playerbase is still better. This is also visible by looking at the PR of steel ships. It's much harder to get a high PR in them.

• Cool 2

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
4 minutes ago, Captn_Crap said:

You couldn't buy nowhere near enough steel to get a Stalingrad. I never said only good players have it. Of course also bad players have it but on average they playerbase is still better. This is also visible by looking at the PR of steel ships. It's much harder to get a high PR in them.

In top 5 dmg ships we have 4 silver ones. And we agree dmg is single most important thing in exp gain and star saving?

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
293 posts
16,854 battles

In top 5 dmg ships we have 4 silver ones. And we agree dmg is single most important thing in exp gain and star saving?

I'm talking about winrate here. I understand that it's easier for CVs and BBs to keep their star.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 minute ago, Captn_Crap said:

I'm talking about winrate here. I understand that it's easier for CVs and BBs to keep their star.

Back to topic

Why do you think (as member of hurricane clan) there is only one BBs in CB? 

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

And to point out value of star saving over WR - R1 player; 12th Season

20190623_204507.png

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
293 posts
16,854 battles
10 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Back to topic

Why do you think (as member of hurricane clan) there is only one BBs in CB? 

Don't really know. Maybe the meta would be too static. Same reason why there are no CVs in CBs.

But anyway. When it comes to WR the strongest ships are Daring, Henry, Hakuryu and probably Kremlin.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, Captn_Crap said:

Don't really know. Maybe the meta would be too static. Same reason why there are no CVs in CBs.

For CVs they stated - spoting was reason (rts version). Cvs in any competitive were AS setup and spotting machine. I expect them back in CB in season or two. 

If BBs promote static gameplay in CB and in Ranked they promote same static gameplay + are dominant in starsaving chance + are dominant in battle played back to my question.....do we need hard cap for them as in CB.

I think answer is YES. 2 as hardcap. 

Players
2,883 posts
16,293 battles
1 hour ago, veslingr said:

It looks like BBs are class that dominates  Ranked in almost every stat. 

Wr

DmG - top 5 star savers are BBs!!!!

And popularity 

So is it time to limit OP class like in CB? In CB BBs are declared OP and reduced to 1.....time to do similar in Ranked?

From popularity stats, WR and dmg and everything I've seen in Ranked, its time to buff DDs.

Also from stats, Audacious and Midway are in dire need of a buff, being bottom #2 and #3 of WR. :Smile_smile:

During the first 2 weeks where I ranked out, CVs was the most popular class. Qeue was empty with 10 CVs sitting in wait.

So....Limit BBs

From a popularity perspective, it seems BB nerfs/limit is needed.

However...it would be a nerf to CVs ability to save their star, so I'm not liking it :Smile_trollface: (5v5 dd mutual suicide games over in 5 mins, no time for CV to do dmg)

Players
3,310 posts
14,059 battles

Yeah nah.CV’s are already limited. And now you want to limit another threat to you? No. When I lost and kept a star in a BB I bloody deserved it. 

What do do we limit next? How about Cruisers? Coz DD potato’s struggled with that due to radar. Or how about DD’s? Coz potato’s struggled with the WSAD keys?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[ENUF_]
Beta Tester
293 posts
16,854 battles
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

For CVs they stated - spoting was reason (rts version). Cvs in any competitive were AS setup and spotting machine. I expect them back in CB in season or two. 

If BBs promote static gameplay in CB and in Ranked they promote same static gameplay + are dominant in starsaving chance + are dominant in battle played back to my question.....do we need hard cap for them as in CB.

I think answer is YES. 2 as hardcap. 

Not really. There is not enough coordination between BBs in ranked battles for them to stall the game. And they are not influential enough to justify a hardcap.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
3 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Yeah nah.CV’s are already limited. And now you want to limit another threat to you? No. When I lost and kept a star in a BB I bloody deserved it. 

What do do we limit next? How about Cruisers? Coz DD potato’s struggled with that due to radar. Or how about DD’s? Coz potato’s struggled with the WSAD keys?

In CB we have hard limit and there this is no problem? Why there it is not a problem and in ranked is?

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
6 minutes ago, Captn_Crap said:

Not really. There is not enough coordination between BBs in ranked battles for them to stall the game. And they are not influential enough to justify a hardcap.

How they are not influential enought but heavy dominating DMG compartment 5/5 and leads in WR column?

How would you (in stats) describe domination of one class? Because BBs seems bloody close. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,310 posts
14,059 battles
3 minutes ago, veslingr said:

In CB we have hard limit and there this is no problem? Why there it is not a problem and in ranked is?

Comparing ranked where teams are made up of random players and CB’s which are organised teams using coms?? Really?? A pointless comparison. You should know better if you play both.

• Cool 1