Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Caughtintherain

Strange Forum PMs

7 comments in this topic

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles

Hey all, I'm just making a post to let you know that I received an unsolicited forum PM recently from a person claiming to be an American woman giving me an email address to contact her off site. I googled the email address and it led me to a variety of forums covering various interests like specific TV shows or games or just TV or gaming in general, each message had the exact same wording "hey I would like to get to know you" etc.

The google search also led me to a scam warning site that detailed how messages like that are often a ploy to develop a relationship with the victim over a period of months before relieving them of large sums of money, usually by pretending to be in danger or by claiming to need money to get a solicitor to unlock an inheritance or something which the scammer will use to pay you back. For clarity, they have no intention of paying you back.

I reported the PM with the forum report feature and suggested that WG should make a forum post advising people that these scammers are active on this site and detailing their methods of befriending you then robbing your money or blackmailing you, I also advised WG that if I did not hear back from them I would make a post myself. I know none of us are gullible enough to fall for such a scam but given the large sums of money often involved in these things I thought it worth mentioning so we could all be on guard.

Thanks all.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Single and willing super-unicums in your area. Replay now to learn how to instantly improve your winrate by 5% that WG doesn't want you to know about!

• Funny 2

Players
6,774 posts
245 battles

yeah i've gotten the same messages as well.

one from some cow in america and mr patrick who wants to do an investment with me.

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team
1,999 posts
6,408 battles

These messages are spam and probably try to get your mal adress when you send an email to this adress.

If you receive one of these messages, please report them so we can deal with the accounts that send these messages.

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
46 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Single and willing super-unicums in your area. Replay now to learn how to instantly improve your winrate by 5% that WG doesn't want you to know about!

Yo I'd like to book one of those super-unicums for tonight, some time around 8PM. Does your service cater for unusual tastes? I'm feeling like I want a CV tonight. If that's too weird no worries.

• Funny 2

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

There is always a conundrum with these sorts of spamming emails, I mean what do you deal with first? Do you give all your money to a woman in America, cure your erectile dysfunction, or go into business with that nice man from Nigeria? Decisions, decisions...

• Funny 1

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
9 hours ago, 250swb said:

There is always a conundrum with these sorts of spamming emails, I mean what do you deal with first? Do you give all your money to a woman in America, cure your erectile dysfunction, or go into business with that nice man from Nigeria? Decisions, decisions...

Neither of them mate, save your money for a decent timeshare. It just so happens that I have a lovely villa you might be interested in...

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this