Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_CR0ME_

Is it worth downloading the game?

7 comments in this topic

Question

[QEF]
Players
31 posts
5,922 battles

I got one week of free premium last month to try out the game after the CV rework ruined it(for me) in February .

Despite premium I couldn't bring myself to play much, it was no fun for me (same reason why stopped playing in February).

I had no motivation to do those super container quests("welcome back" stuff).

Now I got another Free Premium E-mail and wonder if I should even bother installing it. 

Is the game still an *edited*?

EDIT: Don't compare the game (or parts of the game) to diseases.

Arty_McFly

6 answers to this question

Players
9,815 posts
11,484 battles
On 6/21/2019 at 11:59 PM, _CR0ME_ said:

I got one week of free premium last month to try out the game after the CV rework ruined it(for me) in February .

Despite premium I couldn't bring myself to play much, it was no fun for me (same reason why stopped playing in February).

Now I got another Free Premium E-mail and wonder if I should even bother installing it. 

Carriers still there and still being fun police

• Cool 2

[TSSU]
Players
150 posts
On 6/21/2019 at 11:59 PM, _CR0ME_ said:

Carriers still there, but nothing like as bad as it was (at least, to me - maybe I've mellowed? or maybe limit of 1xT10 in a game, or that if it's 2 carriers, it's usually 1xT6 & 1xT8 or 2xT6? May be irrelevant wrong observations, but :D ).

Yes, they can be a pain, and still seem to dis-proportionally get high scores/muchos cash as they can keep on dealing it out for the entire game - unlike frontline ships. Then again, I've not played a huge amount of destroyer recently...

However, since download is free bandwidth that you've already paid for - there's no cost to just finding out. If you rage quit over carriers in the first place, perhaps it was never the game for you anyway?

Players
9,815 posts
11,484 battles
35 minutes ago, _CR0ME_ said:

There is a misunderstanding. I like CV as opponents, however the issue was that the AA became useless(no longer the manual choice which group to focus but a annoying sector display) and the slingshot abuse/mechanic. I am sure they balanced the CV values a bit and Wargaming and Nozoupforyou no longer need to talk like Bagdad Bob. 

Upcoming AA change if anything will make slingshot mandatory, not optional. And in current rework iteration you can't balance planes and AA. If AA is good enough to stop attack run whatsoever, then carriers become absolutely pointless. If AA can't, then REEE will flow. Principle of REEEwork is at least one attack will go through... but if you balance AA to permit only one attack run at best, then serious damage buff is in order, if CV can at best deal 1/3 or 1/4 of their firepower, followed by lengthy time window waiting for replacement.

[-AP-]
Players
2,488 posts
6,063 battles

No, its not. maybe in like half a year based on wargamings curent speed of fixing thigs, but right now i wouldnt recommend anyone to download this game, carriers are here, and they really dont like it when you have fun.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
On 6/21/2019 at 10:59 PM, _CR0ME_ said:

*edit*

Carriers will not go away, as WG wants them in the game no matter how much and how loud a few people whine about them.

Edited by CptMinia

[QEF]
Players
31 posts
5,922 battles

There is a misunderstanding. I like CV as opponents, however the issue was that the AA became useless(no longer the manual choice which group to focus but a annoying sector display) and the slingshot abuse/mechanic. I am sure they balanced the CV values a bit and Wargaming and Nozoupforyou no longer need to talk like Bagdad Bob. 

Sign in to follow this