Sign in to follow this  
Zigiran

Your favorite T5 BB?

27 comments in this topic

[_FK_]
Players
213 posts
5,447 battles

I like to practice more with BB's and I would like to do this at T5 (since that is the minimum tier for most events).

So I'm wondering: what is your favorite T5 BB and why?

Is it fast, tanky, good at surving/ damage dealing in T7 matches, etc, etc.

Edited by Zigiran
Changed "best ship" into "favorite ship"

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,710 posts
5,256 battles

Kongou, because she's all of the above.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
26,032 posts
14,064 battles

While I agree that Kongo is the best training ship and has a very high skill ceiling, meaning you can get VERY GOOD in her, she is not the best ship at the moment performancewise:

image.thumb.png.2f70cae52a5861158bb85631487d7bb3.png

[_FK_]
Players
213 posts
5,447 battles

Hmmm, maybe I should not have stated "the best" but I should have said "your favorite"

Going to edit my first post :Smile_glasses:

[_FK_]
Players
213 posts
5,447 battles
37 minutes ago, belalugosisdead said:

Silvership or Premium? Premium the Cesare. Silver maybe the russian T5. 

Premiums: sure, but only the ones still available

Players
1,467 posts
3,087 battles

Kongo, she's the best tier 5 for me.

While her AA and armour are not the best, she's able to hold her own ever when uptiered to tier 7 thanks to her speed (use Free XP for the propulsion module to get up to 30 knots) (Use mostly HE when uptiered)

This was my best game in her, if you can play her right, she'll pay you back.shot-19_01.22_16_04.57-0099.thumb.jpg.d01285d641e61bcccadee0c109d2d649.jpgshot-19_01.22_16_05.00-0458.thumb.jpg.94ad76bd3b22be64ccb4b3056f1af88e.jpgshot-19_01.22_16_05.02-0583.thumb.jpg.33d523e3f01900f4c3945e0dfc16d16c.jpgshot-19_01.22_16_05_05-0304.thumb.jpg.bb87e9f5320b336a7a762807de01f6d5.jpg 

I suggest you to put a British flag on her since she was built in Britain.

Players
2,170 posts
20,242 battles
Am 21.6.2019 um 14:40, lafeel sagte:

Kongou, because she's all of the above.

#lol No. Not tanky. Easily citadelled and eats lots of pens, except from garbage like Prinz Eitel.

To the OP, about the tankiest (and imho best) Tier V BB is the OR. In a push, you're able to damage con every 16 seconds, which is pretty much unbeatable. The weak AA is a bit of a downside though but it could be worse, especially since the carriers are often uptiered. Pyotr Velikiy I didn't enjoy nearly as much, imho it's a lot worse, too few too inaccurate guns, even though they are big.

All the other Tier V BBs I mostly played before the carrier rework abomination, so I can't really say because CVs are obviously the determining factor to ruin fun, and whatever you do needs to be subjugated to the question if the enemy CVs are competent or not. Classic pre-rework BB gameplay, you know, with looking for openings and opportunities to push, that's basically gone, because CVs are in every game and a potentially strong position therefore is now almost always a very risky position. But still, some impressions.

Texas used to have "the best" AA, although König and Iron Duke could be pimped to very effective levels with manual AA which did nothing for Texas. No idea what that will buy you these days. What always annoyed me about Texas and New York was the slowness. Took ages to get into a good position, which by then often wasn't so good any more. Now when it became just too obvious these ships had been powercrept to all hell and back, and they were totally obsolete and just disgustingly bad, WG in their wisdom not only foisted the much more campy CV rework meta on us but also gave these ships spotter planes. So they basically did all they could to encourage even more camping. Because it's so fun & engaging, I guess. In any event, if you want to practise BB gameplay, you could probably do worse since in the higher tiers it's also a very campy blobbing-up type meta because of the carriers, and swift maneouvering usually just gets you killed, so it could be good practice to prepare you for that.

The other thing which used to annoy me about the American BBs though was the squishiness. Angling doesn't do you much good because you run the risk of eating the weirdest pens from any direction. Iron Duke and König were much better in that respect.

And the French thing is the only one besides New York I sold after grinding through it. It was really nothing special at all.

Players
8,059 posts
8,879 battles
On 6/21/2019 at 3:50 PM, wot_2016_gunner said:

Kongo, she's the best tier 5 for me.

While her AA and armour are not the best, she's able to hold her own ever when uptiered to tier 7 thanks to her speed (use Free XP for the propulsion module to get up to 30 knots) (Use mostly HE when uptiered)

Or use AP on the right targets at the right distances.

Spoiler

shot-19_06.21_16_06.05-0539.thumb.jpg.118549a47286db71c268aebac47fff0a.jpg

shot-19_06.21_16_06.07-0724.thumb.jpg.405f04185d2a11b3aaf41ccdbfc92d4b.jpg

shot-19_06.21_16_06.12-0189.thumb.jpg.ec006561984acd1b8518f1c72fa7780f.jpg

Not earthshattering performance, but should get the point across. HE can be used vs DDs, like that Gnevny that tried to rush me, but certainly iss not ammunition of choice against larger ships.

[MAD]
Players
88 posts
758 battles

I didn't really enjoy t5 BBs, I will probably say Bretagne. Mostly because I don't have Kongo and the t5 New York is just :etc_swear:

[DREAD]
Players
9,561 posts
6,727 battles
On 6/21/2019 at 2:29 PM, Zigiran said:

I like to practice more with BB's and I would like to do this at T5 (since that is the minimum tier for most events).

So I'm wondering: what is your favorite T5 BB and why?

Is it fast, tanky, good at surving/ damage dealing in T7 matches, etc, etc.

König is my favorite with Kongo close second 

• Cool 1

Players
124 posts
5,800 battles

never enjoyed T5 BBs, not even Kongo, altough the speed and range were nice.

I would prefer T6: Bayern (sharpshooter when compared with Gneise or Bismarck), Normandy, Fuso. That`s where the fun starts. I don`t like slow ships.

T6-7 is a sweet spot for any ship.

[CATS]
Players
26,032 posts
14,064 battles
6 minutes ago, colonel_duce said:

I would prefer T6: Bayern (sharpshooter when compared with Gneise or Bismarck), Normandy, Fuso.

Bayern has the same dispersion as Gneisenau and Bismarck.

Players
124 posts
5,800 battles

interesting, haven`t played it for a year, but i remember when i played it after many games in gneise and bismarck the accuracy was completely different. but maybe that`s just my feeling.

[CATS]
Players
26,032 posts
14,064 battles

Gneisenau has the problem of only having 6 guns which makes her accuracy feel worse.

For example Lyon and Normandie have slightly worse accuracy, but you get more hits, because of the number of guns.

[SAVVY]
Players
251 posts
3,859 battles

Yep, Kongo for me again. Had some pretty sweet games in her myself.

I also enjoy taking my Texas out from time to time as well.

Beta Tester
2,085 posts
11,485 battles

Interesting to see the different opinions ...

Here my 2 cents:

Premiums:

Giulio Cesare, there cant be any serious debate about that. If You ever get the chance to lay Your hands on that ship, for heavens sake do it ! :Smile_teethhappy:

OctoberRevolution ... can be strong, but can fold very quickly. One of the very few premiums I dont have and I wont get.

Texas was a flyswatter once, only disappointing now in the AA-role. Otherwise a solid slow US brick

Silverships:

König is my favourite, still. So solid and decent AA

PiotrVelikyi comes a close second. Pretty fast and mobile for a ship of this type and tier. Good guns and AA.

Kongo ... sadly we never got friends ... especially sad considering I have 4 manga clones in port ...

:Smile_honoring:

Players
921 posts
12,947 battles

+1 for Kongo, even though she's really a battlecruiser. Speed and Guns to have an impact on the game, use the right ammo; don't sail broadside to anything.

Players
377 posts
4,825 battles

kongo.

play as bb when you arent facing t7.

play as fat cruiser when you are.

sail at 3/4 speed and watch most salvo's land 500 meters in front of you

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,085 posts
11,485 battles

Absolutely right, but You cant get that ship anymore ... exept a extremely lucky SC/Xmas box.

So which of the silver ships and what premium you can get actually ?

Sign in to follow this