You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Enyalios121

Time to stop CVs in ranked.

107 comments in this topic

[1701]
Players
11 posts
8,161 battles

Title says it all. It’s boring. They’re over powered. They ruin the game. Either delete the damn classes or stop this rocked powered crap. 

• Cool 8
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 4

Players
3,290 posts
14,054 battles
7 minutes ago, Enyalios121 said:

Title says it all. It’s boring. They’re over powered. They ruin the game. Either delete the damn classes or stop this rocked powered crap. 

No. Potato’s in rentals or 10,000 games and still a 37% WR ruin ranked. CV’s have not been an issue for me at all compared to the normal :etc_swear: show that is ranked.

• Cool 7

[ENUF]
Players
3,867 posts
13,573 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, Enyalios121 sagte:

And the reason why cvs are "op"? I bet there are comparable "op" mechanics for surfaceships aswell, but ppl will call that balanced because they know how to counter them. And a lot of these will work against cvs aswell. They are strong, no doubt. In some cases too strong but not "op". 

Imo they don't ruin the game. More and more players with little to no knowledge of the game or how to play it (mechanics or strategy/tactic are words they don't know) are way more frustrating for me. That is shown in ranked even more than it is in randoms

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,241 battles
5 minutes ago, TT_ReWinD said:

And the reason why cvs are "op"? I bet there are comparable "op" mechanics for surfaceships aswell, but ppl will call that balanced because they know how to counter them. And a lot of these will work against cvs aswell. They are strong, no doubt. In some cases too strong but not "op". 

Imo they don't ruin the game. More and more players with little to no knowledge of the game or how to play it (mechanics or strategy/tactic are words they don't know) are way more frustrating for me. That is shown in ranked even more than it is in randoms

but why would people bother learning how to play against CVs when they can just cry enough to get them nerfed lmao.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,229 posts
6,305 battles
6 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

but why would people bother learning how to play against CVs when they can just cry enough to get them nerfed lmao.

The only way of playing against CVs is by playing a full AA spec'd Minotaur, since that is the only ship that doesn't give a darn about carriers. But we have been over this multiple times and you are still kinda clueless...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[IRN]
Players
309 posts
11,688 battles

I suspect and is also a Wg fault that most of the people do not know how aa work

• Cool 1

[ENUF]
Players
3,867 posts
13,573 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Lebedjev sagte:

We can play against cv ?

Ah yes, the dodge meme again...

Yes you can play against cvs. Like u can play against overmatched and other mechanics. U can "just dodge" overmatch aswell, that's what ppl alway tell. Yet u can be devstriked through ur nose if rng says "I dont like you" 

With cvs it is the same. Maximizing the impact of rng so it will decrease the dmg dealt to you is some sort of counterplay, yes. Also trading resources effectively is a counter. Ppl just have to understand how and why it works. But most of the ppl don't even try nor want to realize that so...idc. 

Minos give a darn about cvs? If  a cvs wants, Minos are very vulnerable to cvs aswell. It is just not very cost-effective for the cv. 

In 7v7 they are very strong indeed. But they are primarily for 12v12 so... Balancing for both is pretty hard, as it is for most of the other ships aswell. 

• Cool 2

[LEEUW]
Players
2,230 posts
9,995 battles

Amounts of times my match was lost due to a cv: zero. 

Amounts of times my match was lost due to rentals and/or clueless teammates: a lot. 

• Cool 12

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,229 posts
6,305 battles
4 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Amounts of times my match was lost due to rentals and/or clueless teammates: a lot. 

Amount of times my match was lost due to a CV: a lot.

Amount of times my match was lost due to rentals and/or clueless teammates: zero.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,454 battles
12 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Those are some impressive numbers you got there :D

But I do agree, rentards are a much much bigger problem than CVs in ranked.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
6,239 posts
24,081 battles

CVs are a nuisance but rentards... :cap_wander_2::cap_wander::cap_fainting:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[1701]
Players
11 posts
8,161 battles

There is no counter to CVs. Especially as a DD. They just do as they please, attacking at will. Lose a plane? Who cares, they’ve got infinite 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[ENUF]
Players
3,867 posts
13,573 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Enyalios121 sagte:

There is no counter to CVs. Especially as a DD. They just do as they please, attacking at will. Lose a plane? Who cares, they’ve got infinite 

Stay undetected/unspotted? He has to waste a lot of time to search and find you. And even then you can smoke urself. Hitting a dd in smoke you have never seen is pretty difficult. And he won't waste time waiting there till u get spotted because that will minimize his impact and Dmg in a game where time is the most important resource for the cv. 

CVs got infinite planes? Ofc, like the old cvs had aswell... Cvs don't have infinite planes, u can even do the math for every cv and u will see how many planes he can use per game...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
3,213 posts
1 hour ago, Enyalios121 said:

I stopped playing them in ranked,they are useless,too much AA, in fact CV's are nowhere near OP enough, one torp drop should sink your ship, until then they are weak.

[LEEUW]
Players
2,230 posts
9,995 battles
32 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Amount of times my match was lost due to a CV: a lot.

Amount of times my match was lost due to rentals and/or clueless teammates: zero.

ebjwpuwmkz121.jpg.5b2f24b23dd080e3b0fda75d660d2edf.jpg

• Funny 2

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,229 posts
6,305 battles
14 minutes ago, TT_ReWinD said:

Stay undetected/unspotted? He has to waste a lot of time to search and find you. And even then you can smoke urself. Hitting a dd in smoke you have never seen is pretty difficult. And he won't waste time waiting there till u get spotted because that will minimize his impact and Dmg in a game where time is the most important resource for the cv. 

CVs got infinite planes? Ofc, like the old cvs had aswell... Cvs don't have infinite planes, u can even do the math for every cv and u will see how many planes he can use per game...

Stop fooling yourself, bud.

• Cool 1

Players
3,213 posts
52 minutes ago, Torped1ne said:

I suspect and is also a Wg fault that most of the people do not know how aa work

AA works very well, you turn left , right slow down, speed up, makes no difference, your planes are shredded, thinking of selling a few for credits, lol, that should make the OP very very happy:Smile_trollface:

I fail at everything else including CV's

[1701]
Players
11 posts
8,161 battles
19 minutes ago, TT_ReWinD said:

How in gods name do you stay un spotted eyeing they travel at 200mph?! There is nothing you can do to stay unspotted and this is the issue. Further more, rocket planes rape DDS in two attack runs. It’s dumb and not even close to Balanced 

• Bad 1

[ENUF]
Players
3,867 posts
13,573 battles
Vor 8 Minuten, Enyalios121 sagte:

How in gods name do you stay un spotted eyeing they travel at 200mph?! There is nothing you can do to stay unspotted and this is the issue. Further more, rocket planes rape DDS in two attack runs. It’s dumb and not even close to Balanced 

Mapawarness. I see the planes coming, I know where the cv is and wehre is is currently heading to. I can position myself, I can smoke myself in most dds to stay alive. He knows where my smoke is, yeah. But I am still not detected, he cannot attack me properly in the smoke and if he wants to stay and wait for me, I will see that and waste a lot of his time. During that time my team can position themselves and make things happen on the map because there is no cv pressure. 

If he leaves me, I can position myself better and leave my smoke to get close enough to my teammates and regroup. It all happens and it all works if done properly. 

Now it is rockets, before it was he bombs... Rlly? How reliable can u hit a well moving dd so you can 2 shot him? With pure rng based Dmg? Surfaces hips can 2shot or even 1shot dds aswell, that is balanced? 

Knowing the droppattern of the cvs help aswell btw, and not being spotted whe he has to start his attack run is important aswell cause he has to guess where you are. And that is a mind game u can use to your advantage...like every mindgame ppl have to guess. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
3,213 posts
12 minutes ago, Enyalios121 said:

Those 200 mph planes will often over shoot you, the amount of times I have seen DD's firing their AA in smoke is beyond belief, do not do it,turn your AA off you are a spotter for your fleet, let the bigger AA ships deal with the planes, put the mos on your DD's that make them wiggle and turn on a dime, (if in open water, hug rock if in caps) those two tricks will make it hard for a CV to spot and track you, they may do it in the end but in doing so they are not targeting your team mates, whilst the CV player will be getting screamed at in chat b his own team for not being where everyone else wants him to be.

Of course you do not have do anything I have mentioned as I am the self confessed king of potatoes, your choice,but it helps me when I sometimes take one of my DD's.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,366 posts
13,049 battles
2 hours ago, Enyalios121 said:

CV make concealment builds/tactics obsolete. Same for camping and staying in the back. Kiting in and out of concealment will not work when spotted most of the time. Staying in the back will not help you as aircraft can reach you there without much problems. This is by design of WG and no accident.

Learn, adapt, overcome as this is not going away.

Abandon builds/tactics that are not suited to their current enviroment. Adapt builds/tactics that help you deal with the current enviroment. The game does offer the tools ( captain skills/modules )  do not complain if you do not want to use them and want the game changed to your build/tactics.

You adapt to your enviroment.....the enviroment does not adapt to you. ( very basic nature law / physics )

Players
2,568 posts
11,389 battles

46 minutes ago, Enyalios121 said:

1 hour ago, Enyalios121 said:

Learn to play. You don't even understand the game mechanic. It is so hilarious. You know if your AA is switched off in a DD, the CV planes have to literally fly directly over you in order to spot you? And because of that, they can't spot and attack you at the same time? You didn't right? Before you hate something do yourself a favor and educate yourself instead of being the village dunce.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
997 posts
5,665 battles
9 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Learn to play. You don't even understand the game mechanic. It is so hilarious. You know if your AA is switched off in a DD, the CV planes have to literally fly directly over you in order to spot you? And because of that, they can't spot and attack you at the same time? You didn't right? Before you hate something do yourself a favor and educate yourself instead of being the village dunce.

While most CV players are about as clever as a lightly dried out mushroom, still even them will manage to drop a fighter plane on your head.

Getting spotted by CV is just a question of will. If they want they will spot you and keep you spotted. Funnily if CVs would have higher damage they would spot less as the opportunity cost of camping a smoke would be higher. Best solution obviously would be if CVs wouldn't spot for the team at all, only for themselves, but we all know WG will never choose an actually good solution.

• Cool 1