Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Next patch, Arsenal and expiring coupons

65 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

So, the ship coupon in the Arsenal will expire in three days on Sunday the 23rd of this month. The next patch is going to hit next week. @MrConway @Crysantos, is there any chance we're going to get the patchnotes prior to the 23rd, or more specifically informations on whether any of the recently tested ships are going to be introduced into the Arsenal for coal/steel?

 

Would be a shame to let the coupon expire in anticipation of having to save up for ressources, only for ships not yet being ready for release (giving people another patch's worth of time to get those ressources), or alternatively to end up using the coupon so as to not waste it, but then ending up short on ressources on a ship you really wanted to get ASAP.

  • Cool 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,779 posts
245 battles

Yeah i agree with this as well, i ended up using my coupon on the georgia (which is fine since i wanted her anyways) but now im at 40k coal and will take me sometime before i can get back up 20k again.

 

also is the next coupon the same discount or will it be lower or higher?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester
804 posts
9,082 battles

+1

 

Do I spend the coupon/coal on Georgia - a ship which I'm very lukewarm about - or lose the coupon (= 57,000 coal) and then find there was nothing worthwhile in the pipeline anyway?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,303 posts
24,191 battles

Well I spent the last coupon on stalin, after that I bought Black full price, next coupon might be big baguette or yoshi depending of how the latter pans out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,474 posts
19,719 battles
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

is there any chance we're going to get the patchnotes prior to the 23rd, or more specifically informations on whether any of the recently tested ships are going to be introduced into the Arsenal for coal/steel?

I wouldn't count on it. It would be nice, but there might be internal rules preventing the divulging of information.

In my opinion the coupons should be always synced with the patches, as would prevent problems like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,429 posts
11 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

... as would prevent problems like this.

 

You being forced on an intensive grind for weeks/months to get enough recources again because you just spend it all is not counter to any interest WG might have in you as customer.....

 

Therefore there is not problem ( to WG )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[I-J-N]
Players
4,161 posts
59 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I wouldn't count on it. It would be nice, but there might be internal rules preventing the divulging of information.

In my opinion the coupons should be always synced with the patches, as would prevent problems like this.

This is fairly common in retail business where the sales personnel knows what the next campaign discounts are. At least in my experience, they can't directly tell a customer that something is going to get discounted, but at their discretion they may tell the customer that 'you might want to think about this till next week' or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
3,749 posts
10,206 battles

I'm not spending a single dime of coal or steel or Fxp until I see smolensk in the game!

If I wouldn't be able to have her on the first day, I would probably die!!!

That's true love between us... we'll get married.. we'll have kids...

one will be a little wierd, wouldn't fire HE at all.. we'll call him minoJR,

 

edited for user request

 

  • Funny 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,474 battles
1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

I'm not spending a single dime of coal or steel or Fxp until I see smolensk in the game!

If I wouldn't be able to have her on the first day, I would probably die!!!

That's true love between us... we'll get married.. we'll have kids...

one will be a little wierd, wouldn't fire HE at all.. we'll call him minoJR,

 

edited for user request

 

The moderatorman is at it again. Can we do without a description of disabled children?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMM]
Players
5,786 posts
7,351 battles

Well, haven't got enough coal yet for Salem, so I'll lose this coupon. 

I wonder what will be next coupon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SKRUB]
Players
536 posts
20,816 battles
53 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

I'm not spending a single dime of coal or steel or Fxp until I see smolensk in the game!

 

Don't worry Excavatus, since Smolensk is a russian ship. 

You can our spend coal and fxp freely. :cap_look:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Staff
3,347 posts
14,083 battles
5 hours ago, Aotearas said:

So, the ship coupon in the Arsenal will expire in three days on Sunday the 23rd of this month. The next patch is going to hit next week. @MrConway @Crysantos, is there any chance we're going to get the patchnotes prior to the 23rd, or more specifically informations on whether any of the recently tested ships are going to be introduced into the Arsenal for coal/steel?

 

Would be a shame to let the coupon expire in anticipation of having to save up for ressources, only for ships not yet being ready for release (giving people another patch's worth of time to get those ressources), or alternatively to end up using the coupon so as to not waste it, but then ending up short on ressources on a ship you really wanted to get ASAP.

Hi guys,

 

We talked about this internally today and the date was changed from 23/06 to 25/06. I hope this addresses this issue!

 

Greetings, Crysantos

  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,303 posts
24,191 battles

Any news whitch ships are coming? Slava? :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Staff
3,347 posts
14,083 battles
Just now, Yedwy said:

Any news whitch ships are coming? Slava? :Smile_trollface:

No news, sorry. :Smile_hiding:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
[THESO]
Moderator
3,749 posts
10,206 battles
31 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

 

Don't worry Excavatus, since Smolensk is a russian ship. 

You can our spend coal and fxp freely. :cap_look:

I wanted to save my steel for balansgrad or may be even for flint..

but anyway... smolensk worth it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
31 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Hi guys,

 

We talked about this internally today and the date was changed from 23/06 to 25/06. I hope this addresses this issue!

 

Greetings, Crysantos

Well, half the issue. As long as we get the patchnotes before the 25th it's alright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
32 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Hi guys,

 

We talked about this internally today and the date was changed from 23/06 to 25/06. I hope this addresses this issue!

 

Greetings, Crysantos

 

Uhm... that's a tuesday. The day you usually post the patchnotes.

So if the coupon expires on the 25th, that usually means it will expire at 0700 CEST on that day, several hours before we have the patch notes.

Doesn't look like it will resolve the issue, unless you plan to post the patchnotes on monday this time.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Players
1,665 posts
8,592 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

Hi guys,

 

We talked about this internally today and the date was changed from 23/06 to 25/06. I hope this addresses this issue!

 

Greetings, Crysantos

Why did you do that??

 

I wanted to get my bourgogne on sunday, now I have to wait two more days really..................................

 

People are not gonna see new ships before it expires anyway so thats pretty dumb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Players
1,665 posts
8,592 battles
29 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

 

Uhm... that's a tuesday. The day you usually post the patchnotes.

So if the coupon expires on the 25th, that usually means it will expire at 0700 CEST on that day, several hours before we have the patch notes.

Doesn't look like it will resolve the issue, unless you plan to post the patchnotes on monday this time.

Change it back to 23rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WG Staff
3,347 posts
14,083 battles
On 6/21/2019 at 4:27 PM, Egoleter said:

 

Uhm... that's a tuesday. The day you usually post the patchnotes.

So if the coupon expires on the 25th, that usually means it will expire at 0700 CEST on that day, several hours before we have the patch notes.

Doesn't look like it will resolve the issue, unless you plan to post the patchnotes on monday this time.

Okay, to clarify - the coupon will be reset on 26/06/2019 25/06/2019 - 18.00 UTC. So if you use your coupon before that, you'll get a new one at that time and if there's any new ship announced, you can use the new coupon for that. So feel free to spend it on one of the current ships in the armory before that.

 

Greetings, Crysantos

Edited by Crysantos
fixed date
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
4,746 posts
5,290 battles
3 hours ago, Excavatus said:

I'm not spending a single dime of coal or steel or Fxp until I see smolensk in the game!

If I wouldn't be able to have her on the first day, I would probably die!!!

That's true love between us... we'll get married.. we'll have kids...

one will be a little wierd, wouldn't fire HE at all.. we'll call him minoJR,

 

edited for user request

 

A bit dramatic, but I can't say I disagree..

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×