You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Crysantos

ST, French arc, new map, balance changes

13 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,732 posts
12,357 battles

A French arc will begin with the release of the 0.8.6 update featuring the early access to French destroyers. The port of Marseille is decorated to celebrate the event.

WG_WOWS_SPB_Screenshots_PublicTest_086_ports_maps_1920x1080px_3.jpg

There will be 4 directives, completing which you can earn containers. From them you can get combat missions for early access to French destroyers of tiers V - VIII.

A new temporary resource - 'Republic' tokens is also added. You can get it for different activities in game and exchange in the Armory for in-game goodies. Permanent camouflages, "French Navy" are available for French destroyers, giving the standard bonuses of permanent camouflages depending on the tier of the ship.

New camouflage added, with the following bonuses:

• -3% to detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • +100% XP per battle
  • +75% Commander XP per battle
  • +50% Free XP per battle

WG_WOWS_SPB_Screenshots_SuperTest_086_1920x1080_FranceShips_5.jpg

New map "Crash Zone Alpha" is added to the game. The name was proposed by the MDF clan from the Clan Special Test. The visuals of the map resemble the white cliffs of Dover and is complemented by wrecked ships. The map is for battles of tiers VIII - X in two versions of the "Domination" mode: with 3 or 4 key areas. In Random battles, the layout of islands on the sides of key areas makes the approach to them safer and allows for flank attacks. Due to the height difference of some islands, they can't serve as dependable cover. In Clan battles the proximity of "home" key areas changes the usual tactics: these areas are not the safest.

WG_WOWS_SPB_Screenshots_PublicTest_086_ports_maps_1920x1080px_EN_ZK_2.jpgWG_WOWS_SPB_Screenshots_PublicTest_086_ports_maps_1920x1080px_ZK_EN_3_2.jpg

New, sunny weather is added to the "Greece" map, and islands at the back of the teams are changed so that they provide better cover.

WG_WOWS_SPB_Screenshots_PublicTest_086_ports_maps_1920x1080px_EN_Greece_2.jpg

French cruiser Henri IV, tier X:

• Main caliber guns reload time increased from 12.3 to 13 s.

Henri IV is one of the most efficient cruisers. A large caliber and Main Battery Reload Booster consumable allow her to deal a high amount of damage. To balance the ship with her classmates, the reload time for main caliber guns is increased.

German cruisers Roon and Hindenburg, tiers IX and X:

• Main caliber reload time lowered from 11 to 10.5 s.

In the update 0.7.6 the reload time of these ships was increased and these German cruisers were balanced with other ships. But balance in game is not static, and further changes affected Roon and Hindenburg in comparison to cruisers of other nations. In the 0.7.9 update they got an additional charge of the Repair party consumable. Now, according to statistics, they are still weaker than other classmates in terms of combat efficiency, and lowered reload time will increase the total damage done by this two ships.

105 mm secondary guns on Tirpitz, Bismarck, Graf Zeppelin and tiers VIII - X German cruisers:

• Armor penetration increased from 17 to 25 mm.

The change will allow 105 mm secondaries of German ships to penetrate the plating of destroyers, battleships and cruisers of tiers VI - VII. 

Japanese battleship Kii:

• Armor of citadel deck increased from 22 to 32 mm.

After penetrating the armor belt of the Kii, shells with a caliber of 356 mm and more didn't ricochet against the thin armor of the citadel deck and penetrated it. To increase the survivability of the ship, the armor was increased from 22 to 32 mm.

German destroyer Z-23, tier VIII:

• The amount of HP of the stock hull is increased from 14 700 to 16 700.

The difference in the amount of HP between stock and researchable hulls is 4 800. This is a high amount for a destroyer, and to make the change smoother, the stock hull is improved.

Soviet destroyer Grozovoi, tier X:

• Main caliber guns reload time increased from 4 to 4.2 s.

Grozovi is one of the strongest destroyers at the moment. Extensive choice of consumables and good parameters allow the ship to fulfill almost any role in battle. Increased reload time will balance her with other destroyers.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

WG_WOWS_SPB_Screenshots_SuperTest_086_1920x1080_FranceShips_3.jpg

• Cool 4

Players
89 posts
14,464 battles

Why not focus on building a better game as your development teams are rather useless now with these bufs.

I wish i could express my feelings about your productmanagement on a nice way. I cant.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
823 posts
9,802 battles

The early access model for new ship lines is getting a bit dull as someone who already owns all tier 10s; getting shortcut to tier 8 every new line. I'm not going to turn down the chance to get new ships as soon as others but I'd like to experience the grind.

• Cool 3

[DSPA]
Players
472 posts
3,391 battles

Will we get the French destroyers that soon? Not a lot of time for testing if you ask me.

Than again you will have the full release at Gamescom it seems.

[SHEN]
Moderator, Moderator
1,758 posts
11,098 battles

The french DDs are on test. And I hope (french player who want play good ships) a buff or a balance for this ships.

A this stat : French are Russian Gunboat with better speed and torps. And it that's all.

No regen, no smoke, no AA, bad DPM (except reload booster) and bad concelement.

I expect a bad branch if the branch stay at this stat. And WG maybe weak up and buff on emergency like the terrible and French DD stay bad and never play on competitive mode.

• Cool 5

Players
1,924 posts
9,627 battles

+1 to the sunny weather on the Greece map (more of this nice weather, please)

-1 to the Secondary changes on the German ships, and -1 again for the explanation.

These small calibre secondaries could already penetrate the plating on the majority of Tier VI and VII destroyers - I think it was only Z-39, a ship balanced around being tanky, which was immune. What these changes actually mean that these ships now have small calibre secondaries capable of going through the plating of all Tier VIII, IX and X destroyers except Khabarovsk. That's rubbish. For ages we resisted secondary overkill on the ground of it being RNG based and nothing to do with skill. What's changed?

[STURM]
[STURM]
Beta Tester
21 posts
9,480 battles

Really nice to see that the German BBs get some attention.

Maybe WG could consider to give back the German hydro to Bismarck. If I remember correctly, the hydro was nerfed years ago with the justification that Bismarck would have been to effective in a tier 8 ranked season. In my opinion it is not a good basis to take some specific game modes, like ranked or clan battles, to balance ships as this game modes are in some ways quite special.

Best regards

Players
1,006 posts
6,184 battles
On 6/20/2019 at 9:25 PM, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

The early access model for new ship lines is getting a bit dull as someone who already owns all tier 10s; getting shortcut to tier 8 every new line. I'm not going to turn down the chance to get new ships as soon as others but I'd like to experience the grind.

I understand your point, but even if you're lucky with your containers and unlock the tier 8, you still have the opportunity to start with the low tiers at the time of official release of the line, and think of the earned ships as just costing you 0 credits!

• Cool 1

Players
1,006 posts
6,184 battles
17 hours ago, HipSGuinness said:

The french DDs are on test. And I hope (french player who want play good ships) a buff or a balance for this ships.

A this stat : French are Russian Gunboat with better speed and torps. And it that's all.

No regen, no smoke, no AA, bad DPM (except reload booster) and bad concelement.

I expect a bad branch if the branch stay at this stat. And WG maybe weak up and buff on emergency like the terrible and French DD stay bad and never play on competitive mode.

french cruisers were very bad when released, only the addition of the reload booster made them viable.

the DDs will be as bad at release. they nerfed them too hard during the test, the concealment is too bad for a DD with no heal or smoke.

looks like this line will be pure garbage, especially with so many CVs. who wants to play a DD with no heal nor smoke when there are CVs most of the games.

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Players
2,875 posts
12,860 battles
On 6/22/2019 at 6:27 AM, elblancogringo said:

french cruisers were very bad when released, only the addition of the reload booster made them viable.

the DDs will be as bad at release. they nerfed them too hard during the test, the concealment is too bad for a DD with no heal or smoke.

looks like this line will be pure garbage, especially with so many CVs. who wants to play a DD with no heal nor smoke when there are CVs most of the games.

French cruisers weren't bad, they were merely dull without the reload booster. You only really had one thing to do: stay at range, evade and spam HE.

With the reload booster, they became decent DD hunters, dangerous flankers and at times of need, alright brawlers as well.

But yeah, french DDs sure do not inspire confidence in the slightest right now.

Oh, and I'm glad for the changes. Pretty much all of them, actually. Pleasant change for once.

• Cool 1

Players
11 posts
3,675 battles

105 mm secondary guns on Tirpitz, Bismarck, Graf Zeppelin and tiers VIII - X German cruisers:

• Armor penetration increased from 17 to 25 mm.

The change will allow 105 mm secondaries of German ships to penetrate the plating of destroyers, battleships and cruisers of tiers VI - VII. 

This is very welcome. Why not add this for the Scharnhorst as well? It also has 105mm secondaries (along with 150mm), unlike Gneisenau which has 128mm throughout. 17mm pen means it's 105mm guns can't pen T8 and T9 DD armour. Giving Scharnhorst this secondary buff as well will help compensate for the smaller calibre main guns. Scharnhorst feels a bit power crept now, for eg. it's unable to citadel a broadside Sinop at point blank range.

And i think the German BB that could do with some love is the Gneisenau - main guns should either be more accurate (like Georgia for example) or have a faster reload to compensate for the wonky dispersion and low gun count. Because for ranked play Gneisenau is a hard pick at the moment, main guns are too unreliable.

p.s. Scharnhorst technically has different guns from the Tirpitz/Bismarck etc ("105 mm L/65 Dop. L. C/31" vs "105 mm L/65 Dop. L. C/37") but apart from firing range their stats are identical and they fire the same shell ("105 mm Spr.Gr. Kz."). So if this is a mechanics change then it should affect Scharnhorst as well.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,772 posts
5,014 battles

As an Enterprise captain, I'm looking forward to these new target practices DDs.

• Funny 1