You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Summer Recruitment Drive - Get Paid for Inviting Friends!

86 comments in this topic

[HNFC]
Players
243 posts
17,774 battles

This is actually a very nice incentive! Let's hope it works.

However, I would like to point out that this alone will only temporarily solve issues with the diminishing playerbase. The recruitment system of the game is very nice. The game artists are amazing. The content designers are doing their best, too. But as long as leadership's and the programming department's competence is limited to selling as much lootboxes as possible while completely disregarding any voiced opinions of the players (the last 3-4 ranked seasons, the CV update, fundamental MM issues, etc), and completely forgetting about bugs such as the cliff/clear shot indicator, you will lose most of the new players in a shorter-than-average time in terms of personal gaming lifecycle. 

Still, I wish WG, and us, the best of luck with gaining as many new recruits as possible. Genuine recruits of course, not multiaccs (actually, either is better than nothing, lol!).

• Cool 5

[AMOK]
Players
1,955 posts
8,547 battles
44 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Is player retention THAT bad?

At some point it may take revenge if you only focus on new customers instead of existing customers.

• Cool 4

WG Staff
3,347 posts
14,079 battles
12 minutes ago, NicramDuel said:

This is actually a very nice incentive! Let's hope it works.

However, I would like to point out that this alone will only temporarily solve issues with the diminishing playerbase. The recruitment system of the game is very nice. The game artists are amazing. The content designers are doing their best, too. But as long as leadership's and the programming department's competence is limited to selling as much lootboxes as possible while completely disregarding any voiced opinions of the players (the last 3-4 ranked seasons, the CV update, fundamental MM issues, etc), and completely forgetting about bugs such as the cliff/clear shot indicator, you will lose most of the new players in a shorter-than-average time in terms of personal gaming lifecycle. 

Still, I wish WG, and us, the best of luck with gaining as many new recruits as possible. Genuine recruits of course, not multiaccs (actually, either is better than nothing, lol!).

Thanks for the feedback - like all companies we'll always try to get new players into the game through several ways, this time we're trying something in combination with our new recruiting station.

10 minutes ago, Donar79 said:

At some point it may take revenge if you only focus on new customers instead of existing customers.

I don't understand this sentiment - as inviting player (thus you're a veteran) you get the rewards, not the invited player - and if you take a look at the content we introduce into the game, it's mostly for more experienced players with a lot of activities happening above Tier V. I'm very happy to hear how we can make you as existing customer feel more appreciated - feel free to send me a PM to keep this thread on topic.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[SICA]
Players
219 posts
27,584 battles

Wargaming, you're desperate to get new players, so desperate that you're capable of paying actual money for that. Distasteful. Low.

... and I am certain that you do that because you're not gonna change your ways, which we know after all these years to be... extremely flawed. You want to keep your way of conducting things while you get more players. From low to even lower... 

I, for one, I will not recommend this game to any of my friends. Maybe I will speak about it, but in doing so, I will alert them of your practices, so they can know what's to be expected of you, before they get too deep into it, and spend hard worked money on your products.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,665 posts
23,239 battles

Give these money to guys worked on AT and give them free hands. If there is really bad way how to sell this game to players, made some kind of roll back (two years cca) and don't go in WoT/WoWp steps like now.

• Cool 1

[BOTS]
Players
154 posts
13,514 battles

@Crysantos Iam asking for a friend.

Is it a requirement that all the new recruits are individuals? 

Or would it be accepted as well if lets say someone is recruiting 100 new accounts on its own?

Would be nice to get an answer since its not clarified in the terms of the event and its a legit question to ask. 

WG Staff
3,347 posts
14,079 battles
11 minutes ago, thunder3oo said:

Wargaming, you're desperate to get new players, so desperate that you're capable of paying actual money for that. Distasteful. Low.

... and I am certain that you do that because you're not gonna change your ways, which we know after all these years to be... extremely flawed. You want to keep your way of conducting things while you get more players. From low to even lower... 

I, for one, I will not recommend this game to any of my friends. Maybe I will speak about it, but in doing so, I will alert them of your practices, so they can know what's to be expected of you, before they get too deep into it, and spend hard worked money on your products.

Hi there,

We're doing the same thing that most other companies do - from Gaming to completely different businesses like online hotel reservations, etc. - it's a common practice and we simply create an additional incentive for a limited time to invite a new guy, an opportunity that presents itself with the recently introduced recruiting station. You might not agree with some of our policies, that is totally up to you and we're happy to listen to what aspects you dislike, so we can try to improve that for the future. If you don't want to recommend the game - nobody is forcing you to do this, we're already happy that you're a loyal player who stuck with us for more than 21.000 battles. For those who would like to participate, it's a good opportunity to use this program with an additional incentive.

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

[HEG]
Players
2 posts
4,583 battles
36 minutes ago, LeMaggi said:

Or would it be accepted as well if lets say someone is recruiting 100 new accounts on its own?

Would be nice to get an answer since its not clarified in the terms of the event and its a legit question to ask. 

Anyway. The event is actual now if they change it after the event started that would be not fair. If they published the conditions before the event starts that is a different story. I guess if you have for example 9 new recruited friends, and you want 1 more, why not to do it in your own way.

[HNFC]
Players
243 posts
17,774 battles

2 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Thanks for the feedback - like all companies we'll always try to get new players into the game through several ways, this time we're trying something in combination with our new recruiting station.

And I think this is awesome! If this doesn't get new players, I'm not sure what will. The level of incentives has been maxed out! Even if there will be multiaccounts, there should be a fair share of new players. This is the first step, and seemingly, it will have granted good results.

The main issue is with what happens when these players reach their midgame. Already a few ships at t7-t8, perhaps with some attempts at ranked battles. And quite possibly, becoming part of a smaller or larger community. The lootboxes are one thing. Even though I personally hate them, they clearly work (otherwise you would have reverted back to fixed sales). And they have a great alternative: work hard, work persistently, and you'll have enough free exp/coal for a high-tier cashprinter, competitive ship. The nature of the gaming experience however, is totally different...

- The constant event after event thing (now the hobo-wars are coming after the Victory competition) always reaps cool rewards while keeping us hooked, but is taxing and tiring at the same time.

- Most updates are very well recieved, but some (yes, the CV thing) are a complete blunder, and should be analyzed/revoked if too detrimental to the game. There's nothing wrong with saying "we didn't quite get it right, we'll re-work it", but there is a lot wrong with being oblivious to the fact. 

- Starsaving system in ranked, MM, roflstomps, prolonged bugs considered to be top priority by the majority (e.g. the "module penetration flag fix" for the 0 damage penetration bug took waaaay too long), etc...

Generally, it can be said that every game, and every company behind it will always have some actualized problems and difficulties. That's okay. The problem, and the reason why so many players (have apparently indeed, after all) quit is because the experience they loved and still love is somewhat going downhill - with all cries for help being left to drift away in the void, unanswered. While a select few developers have a very sterile and isolated idea of how to redesign the game, this is often NOT what the playerbase wants. We would like to be heard, and see these requests at least, partially met. And not get smacked in the face instead, repeatedly. If this current standing can be changed to better communication between players and development (No! I do not mean our Community Managers who do your absolute BEST here every day of every week - KUDOS! I mean how devs actually recieve your reports in their office and how we see the results ingame), you will retain a massive playerbase for years...or hell, even decades. WoW did it, and so can you, with such an awesome core product! However, if this doesn't change eventually, WoWShips will become exactly what WoWPlanes has become after the suicide update of 2.0. 

• Cool 1

Players
210 posts
17,346 battles

For somebody it should be very interesting offer, indeed.

I played this game for more then 3 years and I must say one thing, even when I know, that I am a long time moron trololo player :cap_haloween:. I cannot and will not invite any of my friends, because I like them and I don´t want to hear sentences such as: "What the hell you invited me in." or "What garbage is this?!"

For minimal one and half year this game going backwards. Interfail (I mean interface obviously) in port is bad, servers often falls, the new ship trees are very questionable, MadmanMaker (matchmaker i mean) is broken from beginning and players base is already growing for me much more quickly then it should. I am somedays angry at players in every battle, becasue they lacks ability to use their brain and the gameplay suffer for it.

I know you want to have more and more money, you are one big corporation, but sorry, I will not take part in this for whatever payment you offer.

• Cool 6

[HNFC]
Players
243 posts
17,774 battles

P.S.: I know you can't give away info, perhaps it's not even available to you yet. But speaking about expectations, last year was amazing with practically every ship getting discounts in rotation for the summer holidays. So far, compared to that, june's been a bummer. I know you don't want to make a routine out of this as probably everyone will start saving up for summer-only purchases, but boy would doing that again be able to generate some juicy revenues for WG when all the new and 1-2 month-old recruits get nice savings on ships of their desires. And we'd feel the love, too. Oh, and obviously, please remember the WoWS birthday this year too - we definitely remember, and the new guys would have a chance to see how WE celebrate things here in WoWS! :Smile_honoring:

Yeah, all that sounded like a spoiled kid's shopping list for Santa. Ah well. :cap_happy: 

WG Staff
3,347 posts
14,079 battles
2 hours ago, LeMaggi said:

For your "friend" :Smile_trollface:

This isn't allowed - our rules state that our EULA can't be violated and that covers point 2.18:

Creating or using multiple accounts for the purpose of exploiting game mechanics and/or gaining an unfair advantage; for the purpose of evading sanctions; or for the purpose of repetitive or excessive rule violations.

We consider this tampering with the contest, so you'd be disqualified from this event.

35 minutes ago, OscarVonReuental said:

For somebody it should be very interesting offer, indeed.

I played this game for more then 3 years and I must say one thing, even when I know, that I am a long time moron trololo player :cap_haloween:. I cannot and will not invite any of my friends, because I like them and I don´t want to hear sentences such as: "What the hell you invited me in." or "What garbage is this?!"

For minimal one and half year this game going backwards. Interfail (I mean interface obviously) in port is bad, servers often falls, the new ship trees are very questionable, MadmanMaker (matchmaker i mean) is broken from beginning and players base is already growing for me much more quickly then it should. I am somedays angry at players in every battle, becasue they lacks ability to use their brain and the gameplay suffer for it.

I know you want to have more and more money, you are one big corporation, but sorry, I will not take part in this for whatever payment you offer.

More players is usually good for everybody in the game, since it will have a good impact on many aspects of the game and also provides us with more options. I understand that there are some pain-points that we're working on and that the game isn't perfect - the decision is up to you whether you consider the game fun or interesting for your friends / colleagues / insert your relationship with the newbie to recommend it to them.

39 minutes ago, NicramDuel said:

And I think this is awesome! If this doesn't get new players, I'm not sure what will. The level of incentives has been maxed out! Even if there will be multiaccounts, there should be a fair share of new players. This is the first step, and seemingly, it will have granted good results.

The main issue is with what happens when these players reach their midgame. Already a few ships at t7-t8, perhaps with some attempts at ranked battles. And quite possibly, becoming part of a smaller or larger community. The lootboxes are one thing. Even though I personally hate them, they clearly work (otherwise you would have reverted back to fixed sales). And they have a great alternative: work hard, work persistently, and you'll have enough free exp/coal for a high-tier cashprinter, competitive ship. The nature of the gaming experience however, is totally different...

- The constant event after event thing (now the hobo-wars are coming after the Victory competition) always reaps cool rewards while keeping us hooked, but is taxing and tiring at the same time.

- Most updates are very well recieved, but some (yes, the CV thing) are a complete blunder, and should be analyzed/revoked if too detrimental to the game. There's nothing wrong with saying "we didn't quite get it right, we'll re-work it", but there is a lot wrong with being oblivious to the fact. 

- Starsaving system in ranked, MM, roflstomps, prolonged bugs considered to be top priority by the majority (e.g. the "module penetration flag fix" for the 0 damage penetration bug took waaaay too long), etc...

Generally, it can be said that every game, and every company behind it will always have some actualized problems and difficulties. That's okay. The problem, and the reason why so many players (have apparently indeed, after all) quit is because the experience they loved and still love is somewhat going downhill - with all cries for help being left to drift away in the void, unanswered. While a select few developers have a very sterile and isolated idea of how to redesign the game, this is often NOT what the playerbase wants. We would like to be heard, and see these requests at least, partially met. And not get smacked in the face instead, repeatedly. If this current standing can be changed to better communication between players and development (No! I do not mean our Community Managers who do your absolute BEST here every day of every week - KUDOS! I mean how devs actually recieve your reports in their office and how we see the results ingame), you will retain a massive playerbase for years...or hell, even decades. WoW did it, and so can you, with such an awesome core product! However, if this doesn't change eventually, WoWShips will become exactly what WoWPlanes has become after the suicide update of 2.0.

I understand your points and honestly, I really appreciate the constructive tone and clear presentation of your personal issues with Warships. We're trying our best to fix many of the things you mentioned - with other points we just have a different opinion, e.g. star saving - since it's quite a split between people who like to keep their star for playing well and others who dislike this mechanic. We'll never be able to make everybody happy with each decision and we're doing our best to find the best compromises and make the best decisions for the game - if we fail, we do our best to make up for it and fix it. I know that this is sometimes a popular claim that our developers are detached from the playerbase but trust me, they're not. Besides reading our frequent feedback digests, survey results, analyzing data, etc. they spend their private time playing the game, reading forums, SM, watching streams, etc. to get a good feeling of the community. We do introduce quite a few feedback driven changes wherever we can, ranging from small things like mass container opening to balancing of maps, ships, etc. Other aspects like UI aren't ignored but it's very hard to fix but we're doing it step by step, e.g. the improvements to the exterior tab, and hopefully more. Your example with the module penetration fix is a good one - we tested a fix for this a few months back already but the initial solution turned out to have issues, so we had to go back and rework it completely. This is how development works but it should show you that we care, we try but we also don't have unlimited resources. But I understand many of your points and we'll see what we can do. Btw. always feel free to reach out to me if you have concerns or tag me, we'll do our best to help.

Greetings, Crysantos

Greetings, Crysantos

[-FWS-]
[-FWS-]
Beta Tester
50 posts
13,596 battles

No, don't need more new players catapulted to mid and high tiers within few dozen battles and having no clue what to do. WG, first do take care of your existing player base. Once you have happy community, your player base will expand naturally. Good product does not need much advertisement.

As of current state of the game, I cannot recommend it to any of my friends. Not even for 10.000€ or whatever you willing to pay. Actually, I am fed up with you ignoring again and again your customers, and I am reducing my own game time. Going through rehab so to say.

• Cool 4

Players
96 posts
18,314 battles

I would love to see my friends playing, but for me it feels like i would betray my friendship with them.

In the current state of the game im not even sure i even want to play more / longer.

The current radar (Stalingrad, Moskva and their ranges), MM (T8 etc in random, or 2 DM's, Staling and Z in 1 team in Ranked, and other team shima and Henry etc), CV (all tiers above 4) make the game not fun at all.

In ranked in 5 min's we all know who's gonna win. so, no reason to play that game. but punished if we leave. no no no, the fun is gone.

Since 0.5.x the game has gone downwards and less fun with every major update.

My friendship is worth more then a few Euro's.

im sorry, and i really wish it wasnt that way, but i will not ask anybody to play this game in its current state.

• Cool 3

[B0TS]
[B0TS]
Players
271 posts
10,769 battles
5 hours ago, LeMaggi said:

Assuming time is money (if you are working person), how long it would take to invite your new account, grind till lvl 6 ship (assuming you won't buy premium on it) just to get 10 euros?

I get more than 10 euros/hour so i'd rather go to work than play for half a day just to get that.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SICA]
Players
219 posts
27,584 battles
5 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Hi there,

We're doing the same thing that most other companies do - from Gaming to completely different businesses like online hotel reservations, etc. - it's a common practice and we simply create an additional incentive for a limited time to invite a new guy, an opportunity that presents itself with the recently introduced recruiting station. You might not agree with some of our policies, that is totally up to you and we're happy to listen to what aspects you dislike, so we can try to improve that for the future. If you don't want to recommend the game - nobody is forcing you to do this, we're already happy that you're a loyal player who stuck with us for more than 21.000 battles. For those who would like to participate, it's a good opportunity to use this program with an additional incentive.

Greetings, Crysantos

Hello.
"we're happy to listen to what aspects you dislike, so we can try to improve that for the future."
Actually you don't (I mean the Wargaming company). You seem to be a nice guy, Crysantos, I have no quarrel with you.
I'm here since Beta (2015) and I KNOW that Wargaming doesn't listen, of if it does, it's a "I hear only what I want" way of listening. The company you work for lacks the respect for its players. 

I'm (still) a loyal player because I have invested real, hard worked money and time in this game. While the money can be returned, generally speaking, you can't return to someone the time. Speaking of WoW's - playing in Beta it was a pain in the... a... neck, the lack of optimization, the video settings that were doing what they weren't supposed to, the forum, the false advertising, the premium purchases, the complains, the WG staff treating us like [edited], sending us from one place to another, the official game with tons of bugs + new bugs comings with new patches, and so on...
In moments like these  I realize how undeveloped is or world/planet in terms of gaming, we have a single online game with warships, which is too arcade and broken.
I'm not here because I love the game very much.  I'm here because of the lack of choice

The moment I will find a game that fit my needs, made by a company who respects its players, I'm out of here, 21 K battles or not.

All the best,

thunder3oo

• Cool 4

Players
100 posts
13,416 battles

You know it reminds me of pyramid and online surveys...

Pay that to whoever developer fixes CV rework, why we have to scam others into this

• Cool 3

[WOB]
Players
4,755 posts
15,206 battles
4 godziny temu, Crysantos napisał:

This isn't allowed - our rules state that our EULA can't be violated and that covers point 2.18:

Creating or using multiple accounts for the purpose of exploiting game mechanics and/or gaining an unfair advantage; for the purpose of evading sanctions; or for the purpose of repetitive or excessive rule violations.

We consider this tampering with the contest, so you'd be disqualified from this event.

This point has several sub-points - which one is broken specifically if someone invites own new account to play?

exploiting game mechanics - well, game mechanics is not touched when someone creates a new one account, am I right?

gaining an unfair advantage - can someone gains advantage when he/she creates the account? if so - what kind of advantage?

purpose of evading sanctions - I don't think so, purpose is different

purpose of repetitive or excessive rule violations - again, purpose is different

So why you've stated this point of EULA to proof that new own accounts are not allowed?

Why you haven't added this restriction to the promotion rules (FAQ) - it would be clear?

• Cool 3

Players
210 posts
17,346 battles
Před 18 hodinami Crysantos řekl/a:

More players is usually good for everybody in the game, since it will have a good impact on many aspects of the game and also provides us with more options. I understand that there are some pain-points that we're working on and that the game isn't perfect - the decision is up to you whether you consider the game fun or interesting for your friends / colleagues / insert your relationship with the newbie to recommend it to them.

I have to disagree with you.

We need players, with potentional to better themself yes, but WG politics denied that.

You "shoot" at us new and new prem. ships for whole weeks now. And results?! I see EVERY DAY potatoes with 300 battles, who have few prem. ships, which allows them through free XP get to tier 10 ship whatever a class. This type of players dooms high tier game, because they are stupid and know nothing about game mechanics. And most importantly, 85 or more percent of them don´t want to learn anything, because they have tier 10 ship or ships, they are good and so on and so on, bla, bla bla.....

My point is, that you want only money from them, nothing more, nothing less. I understand that, believe me, but I dislike it more and more as time pass.

We have many potatoes (I am bad player myself and I know it) between a players right now, and I think that many of us sees that, so we definitely dont need more of them. Only you do! 

About that perfection of the game. I understand, that this game is still beta version. But WG work looks very strange to me. You do something and then ignore problems which appear on the way. After cruel and angry feedback You always says: Ok, we will fix that and this, but you always repair it only partially. After some time you do something else and the circle repeat itself. As historian (yeah I studied it on university) I see this as typical example of Cyclic conception of History.

• Cool 4

Players
567 posts

I started playing this game in Jan. 2018. From that moment to this moment I have played this game pretty much everyday. Wows has been pretty much the only game I have played the past 1,5 years.

After 1 year of playing I had one major issue. Tier 8 matchmaking...like wth?

Even today my most played tier in Random Battles is tier 6. "Funny" cause I have not played in tier 6 random since the CV-rework came. Getting blownoff water by +2 tier CVs with no way to counter them is not fun.

Issues I'm having with this game on this day:

- T8 matchmaking

- Double CV games

- CVs -2 / +2 tier matchmaking. T6 have very little to do in T8 matches and T8 have very little to do in T10.

- IX techtree ships (they are meant to pass with Free-exp, right?)

- Mad pace they are pumping out IX premium ships. IX premiums are waaayy better than IX techtrees. Playing with Ibuki and getting an Alaska/Azuma as mirror. :fish_palm:

- Rush of more and more IX prems is pulling alot of VII ships to be their food.

- Almost a half year has passed and we still have the same 4 tired operations running.

Ops and tier III - V games are the only things that have kept me coming back to this game.

If I had started playing this game this year I doubt I would still be playing this.

*Edit

- Messy state that Ranked Battles are

- Paper RU BB line thats pretty good at everything.

• Cool 2