Sign in to follow this  

4 comments in this topic

[MAD]
Players
88 posts
758 battles

Hello,

How do I play the Bretagne properly, most of my battles in this ship I do low damage. Is this ship just not great or am I playing it wrong?

[CATS]
Players
26,032 posts
14,064 battles

You play her similarly to other slow BB:

• get your ship in range
  • angle towards enemy BB
  • focus enemy cruiser primarily
  • use cover to turn
  • do not sail alone and too far away from the objectives
  • Cool 2

Players
298 posts
On 6/19/2019 at 8:48 PM, AwesomeBoat said:

Hello,

How do I play the Bretagne properly, most of my battles in this ship I do low damage. Is this ship just not great or am I playing it wrong?

I just played her for the first time today:  Her guns are big big big vs T4s - use HE gratuitously otherwise you'll overpen nearly everything.  If you're up against well armoured battleships at range - especially higher tier ones -  can try a few AP shots and see if they overpen, if they don't you're golden to keep using AP.  Ditto for BBs / CAs who are bow-on to you.

She's slow (but then, so are all low-tier battleships), so you need to quickly determine vulnerable positions (weaker flanks, areas with lots of enemy destroyers) and then commit to pushing elsewhere.

Use "Priority Target" to judge how safe it is to expose your broadside so you can unleash a full salvo, and try to time it so you're not exposed to incoming AP - that way you can shotgun loads of shells, and still tuck your bottom back into position before incoming fire hits you.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this