You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dreameater_ru

Clan Special Test FAQ

68 comments in this topic

WG Staff
5 posts
23 battles

Greetings, commanders!

You might have heard something already about a clan test and have guessed what its members are doing. This topic is created specifically to lift the veil of secrecy, so you can get answers to some questions. If you can't find the answer you wanted, feel free to ask your question in the comments: together with the CST clan representatives we will try to help you. 

When leaving a comment in this thread, please follow these simple rules:

• Please read the questions, which were already asked, and don't repeat them. If a repeated question will be asked, we will indicate you where to find the answer.
  • Questions, that are not related to the clan test, will be deleted without warning.
  • Be polite and civil.

What is a Clan Special Test?

Clan Special Test (referenced below as CST or clan test) is a test of prototypes, ideas and activities, for example preparation of the new season of clan battles. This process allows the idea to pass a basic test, to note it's disadvantages and collect the initial feedback from the players-volunteers - clan testers.

What's the difference between CST and supertest (ST)? 

First and foremost -  their tasks. CST deals with team activities and game modes, and ST - with testing versions in general. However, some tasks may overlap. Second: you will need a clan to participate in the CST, while in ST volunteers participates as an individual. You can't get on clan test  without a team.

How to join the clan test?

We will create a special topic about, when the recruitment will be open.

Is there an age limits?

Yes, only people who are at least 18 years old can participate, because they will need to accept the Non-disclosure agreement (NDA).

What will I have to do?

The main goal - to gather your clan and complite the tasks that the coordinator will put in front of you. Testing is carried out on special versions of the game, which will need to be pre-downloaded. It's a large amounts of data.

- Play certain versions of the game as part of your organized group (clan). To do this, you will need to download large amounts of data. 

- Collectively write detailed feedback; fill in special surveys.

Is CST an  obligatory assignment?

The clan test is a voluntary activity. But note, that to be the part of the CST without activity - impossible. The clan will leave the CST.

What time do the test sessions are usually organized at? 

CST involves all 4 game servers. Thus, you can pick up almost any convenient testing time. Test sessions are usually not held on the days of clan battles, as the most of CST participants are active players in CB.

Who are the clan representatives  on CST?

Each clan, that participates in CST, has 2 representatives (reps) who are responsible for coordination both inside the clan and with other clans. 

Can a CST member be a part of ST?

Supertesters, community contributors and other volunteers may be part of clans, participating in the CST. However, remember, that any volunteer activity takes time.

Any benefits in participating?

There are various bonuses for participating in the CST, you can find out more details after joining.

How many people should be in a clan and participate in CST?

CvC now are 7 vs 7 mode. It means, that you should have at least 7 very active players. Sometimes one of them will not be able to participate in testing, so you will need a replacement. That's why, the recommended minimum is 10 players for clan. 

• Cool 15

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

can we have one of the mods make this readable in dark theme (and then of course delete my post) please? :Smile_Default:

Edit: nevermind, that was quick - was a very stealthy shade of dark blue initially. Thanks! :cap_like:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

I'd put this in the news announcement or dev blog subforum, but what do I know ...

No doubt there's going to be a big recruitment drive to test CVs for CBs.

[_FK_]
Players
156 posts
12,746 battles

Well this sounds very interesting at least, hopefully the people testing can add input to features CW needs and would make life easier and also stop some other ideas flowing through.

WG Staff
5 posts
23 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

I'd put this in the news announcement or dev blog subforum, but what do I know ...

No doubt there's going to be a big recruitment drive to test CVs for CBs.

59 minutes ago, Thomas_EU said:

Well this sounds very interesting at least, hopefully the people testing can add input to features CW needs and would make life easier and also stop some other ideas flowing through.

The Clantest exists more than 1.5 years already and work well. 

[-AP-]
Players
2,486 posts
6,063 battles

Can we get the potential rewards clarified a bit better before signing up? Like aproximately what kind of rewards would be given out?

[OM]
[OM]
Players, Clan Test Coordinator
534 posts
13,478 battles

You bet ;)

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,465 posts
19,590 battles
9 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Can we get the potential rewards clarified a bit better before signing up? Like aproximately what kind of rewards would be given out?

500 coal for 40h ingame per week. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 4

WG Staff
5 posts
23 battles
20 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

@dreameater_ru any ETA on when sign ups/recruitment starts?

I don't think, that it will happend soon. Now we have a complete set of clans from EU server.

19 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Ingame rewards. All rest info only after joining the CST.

[BOTS]
Players
154 posts
13,469 battles
1 minute ago, dreameater_ru said:

Ingame rewards. All rest info only after joining the CST.

@dreameater_ru seems about right to first get to know what you would get after joining the cst :fish_palm:

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,241 battles
6 minutes ago, dreameater_ru said:

I don't think, that it will happend soon. Now we have a complete set of clans from EU server.

erm that was kinda quick since you said recruitment would start later. or was that lost in translation.

• Cool 1

[ENUF]
Players
3,867 posts
13,573 battles
Vor 25 Minuten, Caughtintherain sagte:

Can you assure us that the CST will not be used as a vehicle to get carriers (CVs) in to clan battles?

why not? i kinda like that idea, finally, after so many seasons cv players might be able to play CB aswell. would be awesome

• Bad 1

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
1 minute ago, TT_ReWinD said:

why not? i kinda like that idea, finally, after so many seasons cv players might be able to play CB aswell. would be awesome

Carrier gameplay is not congruent with with the current clan battles playstyle. I believe the current clan battles playstyle is good therefore I believe we should not change it.

• Cool 1

[OM]
[OM]
534 posts
13,478 battles

Leaving out one class of the game feels odd ;)

• Bad 1

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
2 minutes ago, gR3iF said:

Leaving out one class of the game feels odd ;)

Including the excluded class would make the game mode feel more odd.

• Cool 4

[-AP-]
Players
2,486 posts
6,063 battles

Getting cvs into cb would lead to the same problem as old times. The carrier player is dominant, and most of the battle hangs on his shoulder.

On a sidenote, not receiving the slightest bit of info on rewards or anything before signing up is a killer for me.

• Cool 1

59 posts
16,884 battles
33 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

erm that was kinda quick since you said recruitment would start later. or was that lost in translation.

As mentioned above the CST has already existed for well over a year, which is to say that the EU server has a complete set of clans at the time of this announcement. Some other regions may be a different story.

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,241 battles
2 minutes ago, DerKleine said:

As mentioned above the CST has already existed for well over a year, which is to say that the EU server has a complete set of clans at the time of this announcement. Some other regions may be a different story.

hmm seems a bit pointless posting this if they arnt taking sign ups then. never actually saw anything about this in the past either so i do wonder how those clans got in.

• Cool 1

[ENUF]
Players
3,867 posts
13,573 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Mr_Snoww sagte:

hmm seems a bit pointless posting this if they arnt taking sign ups then. never actually saw anything about this in the past either so i do wonder how those clans got in.

maybe because wg approached them and asked them if they might help them
afaik WG does that, take a look at privateer programm.

playing cb without cvs while u have to play kots and most tournaments with a cv feels more odd to me. especially for the cv players it was very frustrating every time to not be able to play their class in cb. ppl should consider that too. everyone wants to play his favourite class in cb.

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
12 minutes ago, TT_ReWinD said:

playing cb without cvs while u have to play kots and most tournaments with a cv feels more odd to me. especially for the cv players it was very frustrating every time to not be able to play their class in cb. ppl should consider that too. everyone wants to play his favourite class in cb.

I, like you, suffer from the inability to regulate my enjoyment of the now in exchange for my enjoyment of the future. I drink alcohol despite knowing that I will wake up in the morning feeling bad because of it. Thankfully in this case there are enough people who understand the problems relevant to including CVs in clan battles to ensure that it won't happen but I want to get a blanket statement from WG which prevents the advice of a small number of selfish people, who don't or won't apply their ability to use logic to divine the future when discussing whether CVs will be included in clan battles going forward, from being used to slip CVs in there, committing WG to that course of action. This is another danger of approaching clans rather than having open sign ups, the playerbase doesn't get to review the people applying so the community is blind as to what advice is being given to WG.

[AAO]
Tournament Organizer
450 posts
15,232 battles
1 hour ago, LeMaggi said:

@dreameater_ru seems about right to first get to know what you would get after joining the cst :fish_palm:

Maybe this would be the wrong way to approach testing for WG. If you want to test do it for the fun and opportunities making the game better, not for some rewards.

• Cool 6

[THROW]
Players
2 posts
6,100 battles

Seems odd to me publishing this news on the eu forums saying people will be able to apply for it soon™ to then reply to a question that unfortunately EU slots are all taken.

• Cool 3

[TANG0]
Players
12 posts
1,900 battles

It was also to inform people about it, that did not know about it...

• Cool 1