You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kaseko

Kurfürst with Two Gun turrets

19 comments in this topic

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,580 posts
17,978 battles

Can we have the more realistic version of Kurfürst with 4 two gun turrets, like they have it in WoWs Blitz instead of the weird abomination we have right now?

I mean even the US are getting a 4x2 ship now, this is getting ridicoules

Bildergebnis für wows blitz tech tree german

• Cool 5

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,580 posts
17,978 battles
5 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

How about no. 

explain

[BLITZ]
Players
2,818 posts
10,909 battles
11 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

How about no. 

I actually like that they get away from the usual 4x3 layout sometimes. Up until the release of the French line three out of four ships were 4x3, if I'm not mistaken (leaving out the "upgraded" version of Conqueror that isn't really an upgrade).

[SHAFT]
Players
9,448 posts
8,811 battles

great, german dispersion with 4x2 on TX? Must be the new sucker ship :cap_haloween:

Would you think, they would give id good dispersion? Even if, secondaries are potentially worse compared to new US secondaries like Massa/georgia/(Ohio)

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,580 posts
17,978 battles
11 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

4x2 480mm variant for steel as next competitive premium :Smile_trollface:

maybe not 480mm but I can definitely see this happening knowing WG

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,573 posts
13,490 battles

4x2, not bigger than 460mm, and with more consistent, tighter groupings than the likes of Bismarck, Tirp, FDG, while retaining the secondaries. 

As long as it's like that, it's something I can get behind. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
38 minutes ago, Kaseko said:

maybe not 480mm

29 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

not bigger than 460mm

Hypothetically, why not bigger than 460mm? There's plenty BBs (and a handful cruisers) around that can still autobounce 480mm on their central hulls/decks so it's not like it's going to be much better at overmatching than the Yamato/Musashi 460mm AP, basically just more penetration and damage alpha.

WG may have said they don't want any ship having a higher caliber than the Yamato/Musashi, but honestly WG said a lot of things they eventually changed their minds about, so I don't see any particular reason why we should be reluctant to go a bit higher than 460mm caliber. Technically speaking 480mm AP would only be enough to overmatch 33mm and even the ludicrous 508mm proposal would only overmatch 35mm, ingamewise there's no armour threshold those would overmatch that the 460mm can't already do. From the top of my head I can't even think of any armour threshold between standard 32mm BB hull and the US 38mm deck.

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles

I'll take whatever turret configuration you want if it means a better accuracy than the one we currently have on that crappy battleship. GK needs some love. Why not in such a way after all.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,643 posts
10,081 battles
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Hypothetically, why not bigger than 460mm? There's plenty BBs (and a handful cruisers) around that can still autobounce 480mm on their central hulls/decks so it's not like it's going to be much better at overmatching than the Yamato/Musashi 460mm AP, basically just more penetration and damage alpha.

WG may have said they don't want any ship having a higher caliber than the Yamato/Musashi, but honestly WG said a lot of things they eventually changed their minds about, so I don't see any particular reason why we should be reluctant to go a bit higher than 460mm caliber. Technically speaking 480mm AP would only be enough to overmatch 33mm and even the ludicrous 508mm proposal would only overmatch 35mm, ingamewise there's no armour threshold those would overmatch that the 460mm can't already do. From the top of my head I can't even think of any armour threshold between standard 32mm BB hull and the US 38mm deck.

Yeah, and if they could make Georgia work as a high tier 6-gun BB, then we could see the 6-gun version of A-150 at some point.

Spoiler

As a steel reward :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,573 posts
13,490 battles
59 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

In my view, the Yamato-class should retain the distinction of having the largest naval guns(Not counting possible ships in special, seasonal modes, I'm down for those) as was the case historically. It's significant in the history of Naval gunnery as being the last milestone in terms of sheer size, and despite what some might say this game is built around historical ships and battling with them. It's a big selling point to many. One of the worst things possible would be to go bigger than 460, taking away one of the most special things about the Yamas, ships that are particularly legendary even to non-naval or history enthusiasts. 

And, they should also stay the only ones having the 32mm overmatch. Just my opinion. 

I absolutely agree with WGs decision to cap at 460, and I hope this is the one thing they never overturn, otherwise I'm flying to Cyprus with my claymore. 

• Cool 5

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,155 posts
23,639 battles
15 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

In my view, the Yamato-class should retain the distinction of having the largest naval guns(Not counting possible ships in special, seasonal modes, I'm down for those) as was the case historically. It's significant in the history of Naval gunnery as being the last milestone in terms of sheer size, and despite what some might say this game is built around historical ships and battling with them. It's a big selling point to many. One of the worst things possible would be to go bigger than 460, taking away one of the most special things about the Yamas, ships that are particularly legendary even to non-naval or history enthusiasts. 

And, they should also stay the only ones having the 32mm overmatch. Just my opinion. 

I absolutely agree with WGs decision to cap at 460, and I hope this is the one thing they never overturn, otherwise I'm flying to Cyprus with my claymore. 

And do not forget that Yamato class pays for having the biggest gun with having the most exposed citadel.

Players
3,291 posts
14,054 battles

Yes yes, less turrets to knock out! I love knocking out turrets on BB's knowing their firepower just takes a massive hit! 

Players
6,756 posts
245 battles
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

4x2 480mm variant for steel as next competitive premium :Smile_trollface:

H42 and H43 have you covered m8.

If you want big gunz den H44 is even better.

Players
3,213 posts
8 hours ago, Kaseko said:

Can we have the more realistic version of Kurfürst with 4 two gun turrets, like they have it in WoWs Blitz instead of the weird abomination we have right now?

I mean even the US are getting a 4x2 ship now, this is getting ridicoules

Bildergebnis für wows blitz tech tree german

No, nope, and no, please leave my Kurfusrt alone.

• Funny 1

[-NFG-]
[-NFG-]
Players
213 posts
7,596 battles

The gun angles on it are so bad it's often a 6 gun ship anyway

• Cool 2