Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Werederp

Penalizing players for things outside their control

11 comments in this topic

Question

Players
6 posts

Twice in the last month my building lost power during a WoWs match, and each time I was issued a "disciplinary penalty" (aka pink status) for it.

No big deal, the penalty lasts only 3 matches, but why is that even a thing? What's the point, if I can't do anything about it (my UPS won't cover the ISP's hardware in the building)?

I'm trying to imagine some king of farming scheme involving starting a match and hard-crashing the game that WG is trying to prevent... But even if that was the case (I doubt it), a) such scheme doesn't sound particularly efficient and b) treating everyone this way for sins of the few is just... weird. :-\

10 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,469 posts
13,426 battles

The penalty also applies to people who queue for a battle and decide to quit to port at the beginning because they dont like the matchmaking or whatever.

It is not an issue for anyone who doesn't make a frequent habit of it.

[CATS]
Players
26,075 posts
14,083 battles

There are more than a few that miss a battle or leave early.

WG wants to motivate people not to do it or solve their technical problems.

• Cool 1

[TSSU]
Players
150 posts
On 6/19/2019 at 10:43 AM, Werederp said:

Twice in the last month my building lost power during a WoWs match, and each time I was issued a "disciplinary penalty" (aka pink status) for it.

No big deal, the penalty lasts only 3 matches, but why is that even a thing? What's the point, if I can't do anything about it (my UPS won't cover the ISP's hardware in the building)?

I'm trying to imagine some king of farming scheme involving starting a match and hard-crashing the game that WG is trying to prevent... But even if that was the case (I doubt it), a) such scheme doesn't sound particularly efficient and b) treating everyone this way for sins of the few is just... weird. :-\

How are they supposed to know the reason? I also had the pink status due to lost connection once (I didn't realise if I started the client and joined again I may be able to get into the same game? I just didn't bother at all). It's happened once, it wasn't an issue.

If it minimises the amount of disconnects (intentional) that 'd be great. Now if they could only do the same for those that do sod all in the game :) It's a worthy risk to take in order to minimise intentional twits!

oops didn't read the date right - older than i thought!

Players
316 posts
10,348 battles
On 6/19/2019 at 10:43 AM, Werederp said:

that's how society works, you all have to run at the pace of the slowest person.:crab:

[CATS]
Players
26,075 posts
14,083 battles
56 minutes ago, Lord_Holland_of_Wessex said:

that's how society works, you all have to run at the pace of the slowest person.:crab:

Nope, you do not. There are fast and slow, rich and poor, smart and stupid people, all in one society....

[CATS]
Players
26,075 posts
14,083 battles
5 hours ago, Lord_Holland_of_Wessex said:

You missed the point entirely. Nothing new there.

Maybe you do not know how to say what you want to say?

[NORKS]
Players
91 posts

Sometimes people can be gaming and their toddler will slip over and crack the side of their head open on the side of a coffee table. There can be blood and screams and some players will actually, literally have the absolute audacity to go AFK and prioritize real world events at the detriment to their team in game.

Unbelievable. Pink them to the grave.

[CATS]
Players
26,075 posts
14,083 battles
8 hours ago, Lord_Holland_of_Wessex said:

Maybe you are not intelligent enough to understand.  Never mind.

An intelligent person would have explained the misunderstanding.

But you did not. Or you just did understand my answer and and can therefore not explain anything.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this