Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Beastofwar

Atago's (lack of) windows

20 comments in this topic

[BHSFL]
Players
3,353 posts

Atago is my  favorite cruiser ( don't have higher tier ones yet that are not half battlehips ) but the seemingly missing windows always jump in the eye. And when i use the Myoko that is very closely related to it it does have windows modelled.

What is the cause of this ? Did it really have no windows for some reason or is it a very old model ( maybe even one of the oldest in game ? ) or just a model made by different 3D artists ? Aoba has windows while Farutaka does not....These details really annoy me....

WGF55.jpg

WGF56.jpg

Weekend Tester
997 posts
5,665 battles

794275c94702998c226dd978736fe184.jpg

It looks like it had windows in real life, but otherwise the model is pretty accurate. It looks too big to be an oversight and putting black circles on a model doesn't really make it less resource intensive, so I'm at a loss. Maybe ask @MrConway, he might know it.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
135 posts
3,352 battles

Atago is an early model that has not had the love and attention that more recent HD models received. Sea Lord Mountbatten just talked about this in a video today on YouTube.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,068 battles

Also, in fact the Takao-class Cruisers were some of the most modern the IJn had available to them (only the Tone-class was newer) at the time. Myokos were an older class of ship. :cap_old:

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,248 posts
6,585 battles

Atago is an in-between model. Contrary to very old models, the windows are properly made (compare with Yubari) but they have no glass unlike latest ships. Funny thing is that I was told that ARP Takao uses the same model but has glass on its windows.

I think the modeller tried to give more details on the ship (that was common thing at the release of the game to have premiums with more details than standard ships) but he wasn't able to model the glass ...

[BHSFL]
Players
3,353 posts
5 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

Atago is an in-between model. Contrary to very old models, the windows are properly made (compare with Yubari) but they have no glass unlike latest ships. Funny thing is that I was told that ARP Takao uses the same model but has glass on its windows.

I think the modeller tried to give more details on the ship (that was common thing at the release of the game to have premiums with more details than standard ships) but he wasn't able to model the glass ...

Well they redid the Yamato.....and they eliminated 32 bit systems support so you would say models don't have to look "bad"

• Cool 1

Players
9,803 posts
11,484 battles
36 minutes ago, NoirLotus said:

Not really

shot-19-06-19-11-27-49-0764.jpg

Then there is case of updating "solid"/opaque windows with transparent ones. I recall Des Moines having solid windows, now she have actual glass. Zao also uses glass, unlike Myoko/Mogami/iBucky

[FAILS]
Players
515 posts
19,257 battles

I really hope they will redo all of the "ancient" models one by one soon-ish, so all the ships fit together better. It's just a bit sad to see the newer ships all shiny and detailed and the older ones looking "shabby" in comparison.

Also, they could correct some of the errors they made on the models, like Kongo is actually Hiei or Atago is actually Takao iirc ( and there are more like this).

• Cool 1

[HALON]
Players
630 posts
10,114 battles

Just passed by, only wanted to see if you guys wrote about the best ship in the game with due respect.

• Cool 2

[BLITZ]
Players
2,818 posts
10,901 battles
14 minutes ago, Amon_ITA said:

Just passed by, only wanted to see if you guys wrote about the best ship in the game with due respect.

Best or best-looking?

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,068 battles
28 minutes ago, B0Tato said:

Best or best-looking?

Both lad, both of course... The sexiest of them all. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

Players
1,609 posts
18,129 battles

I would love to see a lot of the older models get an update just as the Yamato did. As for the Atago and Takao looking at photos of them they didnt have a whole lot of windows but in general the models could do with an update. 

[BLITZ]
Players
2,818 posts
10,901 battles
33 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Both lad, both of course... The sexiest of them all. :Smile_Default:

On best-looking I could agree with you, but the best...

MAYBE if there was an 155 option...

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,068 battles
27 minutes ago, B0Tato said:

On best-looking I could agree with you, but the best...

MAYBE if there was an 155 option...

Yeeah, I can totally see your point - No argument there BUT on the other hand, that's what we have Mogami for right? Atago's oddly tempting younger sister (the homewrecking little minx). Hehehe! Both among my faves tho...:Smile_great:

image.png.369ad79b01f19fb57cf32246e3b19915.png

What can I say? I am weak... :Smile_hiding:

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
1,437 posts
16,622 battles

I think there are other things in the game that should be dealt with first.

[HALON]
Players
630 posts
10,114 battles
On 6/19/2019 at 12:25 PM, B0Tato said:

Best or best-looking?

Both, in my opinion :)

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,507 battles
On 6/19/2019 at 10:24 AM, Beastofwar said:

Atago is my  favorite cruiser ( don't have higher tier ones yet that are not half battlehips ) but the seemingly missing windows always jump in the eye. And when i use the Myoko that is very closely related to it it does have windows modelled.

What is the cause of this ? Did it really have no windows for some reason or is it a very old model ( maybe even one of the oldest in game ? ) or just a model made by different 3D artists ? Aoba has windows while Farutaka does not....These details really annoy me....

WGF55.jpg

WGF56.jpg

I'll check, but my guess is that the reason is the age of the model.

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
3,507 battles

FYI: We'll check if and when we can fix this to make sure your captain is suitably protected from the elements going forward! :)

[IJN]
Players
41 posts
2,798 battles

They actually fixed Atago's  windshield now in this new patch. I'm so glad !

Shout out to WG, they don't ignore for small mistakes!

577004425_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2019_10.17-13_25_54_56.thumb.png.840ffba9308812f2bc80dc8775942466.png

Sign in to follow this