Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mastadans

Compliments to increase

Do you agree to increment compliment 'reports'?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree to increment compliment 'reports'?

• Yes
    • No

23 comments in this topic

Players
119 posts
9,654 battles

I usually run out of compliments at the end of the day. There are many gamers playing very well deserving to be complimented, however the actual compliments available run out quite fast. Not that fast as negative reports thou, however a bad report removes 2 points of karma while compliments add only one.

Would you like to see only compliments increased?

Thanks

[JRM]
Players
7,475 posts
27,526 battles

No for every guy deserving a +1 there is another one deserving the opposite, they should increase both

• Cool 7

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,290 battles

mayaswell just remove the karma system. it does nothing and if it ever did do something it would be abused. the misbehaviour in chat is already abused.

• Cool 6

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

Well i do use them only seeying outstanding play and often when someone saves an Operation by obvious player skills so i rarely run out of them. But it occurs so i agree it could be more.

[AMOK]
Players
1,966 posts
8,688 battles
26 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

No for every guy deserving a +1 there is another one deserving the opposite, they should increase both

I'd even say for every + i give there are 2 players who deserve a -....:Smile_teethhappy:

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
2,076 posts
13,313 battles
37 minutes ago, Mastadans said:

The more Karma you have, the more compliments you can grant. But as they are quite useless in the current system, I do not see any reason.

Weekend Tester
867 posts
10,222 battles

I think the whole Karma system should just be scrapped; all it does is introduce yet more ill-feeling and toxicity into the game.

High Karma is meaningless because clan-mates simply spam each other with compliments; low Karma is as much to do with vindictiveness and maliciousness as it is with genuinely poor play.

• Cool 1

Players
395 posts
4,280 battles

Except that karma system is a way to vent out frustration. I prefer to see a guy sending -1 to me than having to cope with him in game and in port ...

I agree that it doesn't work *much*, but every little help counts.

• Cool 1

[NOCAP]
Privateer
5,834 posts
13,224 battles

I would prefer to take Karma out of the game. On one hand it doesn't really profit a player with high karma, on the other it's getting abused on a daily basis - for example ppl report players when they are getting sunk by them "because they must be cheating". Or players receiving chatbans even though they didn't insult anybody, also seen tons of screenshots now. 

Beta Tester
2,127 posts
12,630 battles
1 hour ago, Mastadans said:

I usually run out of compliments at the end of the day. There are many gamers playing very well deserving to be complimented, however the actual compliments available run out quite fast. Not that fast as negative reports thou, however a bad report removes 2 points of karma while compliments add only one.

Thanks

Not only to increase but also get the name of who gave you a compliment, dont understand why this need to be a secret.

• Cool 2

Players
340 posts
612 battles

Purpose of karma could be easily implemented, if you focus on rewarding positive behavior instead of punishing bad behavior.. makes it harder to abuse a positive rewarding system either.

we had a thread not long ago where in the end WG didn‘t react to anything.. a slight interest of WG to do sth. is mandatory..

[VH]
[VH]
Players
184 posts
18,586 battles

i like to compliment good players but with so few players on ranked in the morning i find im just clicking battle on straight away as if i take time to go on the battle report to compliment them i then miss my window for the next game and im then sat there for 5 mins until enough people are there to start the next game and as ive not got loads of time 5mins each time soon stacks up

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles

I think there should be a pop up on the score sheet giving you the opportunity to compliment or report everybody.

Players
2,131 posts
20,074 battles

I can see the logic as it's nice when you have a good game and get complimented or see someone play really well so compliment them. 

However as the karma system doesn't reward you with anything it's pretty pointless, pity though I would love to trade my karma for a useful resource 

• Cool 1

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

I'm open to being proved wrong but it seems negative karma is mostly given out by players who go out of the battle early and then have plenty of time to decide which team members didn't carry them, while positive karma is mostly given by players who survived the battle and got to see who did most for the win. So the positive and negative balance is wrong, there is more opportunity to give negative than positive, especially if it's true that negative removes two points and positive only adds one. Which means it a system biased towards vengeful players getting their pound of flesh.

Players
2,131 posts
20,074 battles

Thinking about it there is one other advantage to giving compliments, it avoids miss understandings. 

sometimes when you type in chat your thanks to a teammate who helped you they may think your being sarcastic so it's often better to just give them a +1 rather and so avoid the lengthy explination no I'm not being sarcastic I honestly mean thank you. 

[CHEFT]
Players
12,228 posts
9,841 battles
7 hours ago, Yedwy said:

7 hours ago, Donar79 said:

I'd even say for every + i give there are 2 players who deserve a -....:Smile_teethhappy:

Only 1 or 2 - are we playing the same game :Smile_amazed:

I think more of a ratio from 10:1 :Smile_hiding:

Players
119 posts
9,654 battles
7 hours ago, GraySlayer said:

Whats the point? Positive Karma does nothing for you that I can see?

I think is polite and grateful to compliment someone who just won unexpectedly a game or that stays at your side providing AA, or whatever.

• Cool 1

Players
627 posts
3,743 battles
21 minutes ago, Mastadans said:

I think is polite and grateful to compliment someone who just won unexpectedly a game or that stays at your side providing AA, or whatever.

Oh I do it all the time but apart from that it does nothing and no one really takes note of your score.

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
1,525 posts
17,241 battles

Almost always run out of compliments and only use reports for afk and abusive chat whether it be from the opposition or my team. And if giving a compliment, I do my best to congratulate the player in chat or if exceptional, with a message after the battle. It makes people feel good when the are complimented and although the Karma score is nonsense, being appreciated is pleasant. Criticising players who die early or make a mistake is likely to upset players and can any of us really say that we don't have stinkers from time to time?!

[AMOK]
Players
1,966 posts
8,688 battles
16 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Only 1 or 2 - are we playing the same game :Smile_amazed:

I think more of a ratio from 10:1 :Smile_hiding:

Yeah due to the fact that reports are limited. I know its very unfair because there are more people who deserve their minus but it is what it is. You have to find the worst of them. :Smile_teethhappy:

So raise report limit :Smile_izmena: we need more useless tools^^

Sign in to follow this