Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
snowy76

Shooting CV's = Where have the fires and citadels gone??

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[BULL]
Players
25 posts
1,646 battles

Since the CV's rework i have had extreme problems with the last man standing carriers. 

They don't seem to burn anymore. (22 HE hits from the Iron Duke and no fires....)

Every AP hit is an over pen.

All the while they are bombing and torpedoing you to bits.

 

Advice please..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,963 posts
17,042 battles

DCP of CVs has been extended to a full minute. That means after your first fire/flooding you won't get another one for a minute.

Fires also only last 5 seconds on CVs so it usually isn't worth it to go for them anyway.

 

Otherwise nothing has been changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BULL]
Players
25 posts
1,646 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

DCP of CVs has been extended to a full minute. That means after your first fire/flooding you won't get another one for a minute.

Fires also only last 5 seconds on CVs so it usually isn't worth it to go for them anyway.

 

Otherwise nothing has been changed.

Out of interest, who thought that was a good idea?:cap_viking:

So they are now effectively fireproof?

Would have been nice for WG to communicate that.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,963 posts
17,042 battles
17 minutes ago, snowy76 said:

Out of interest, who thought that was a good idea?

 

WG, because they didn't want us to have manual hull control. So the hull has to be as :etc_swear:proof as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POI--]
Players
6,084 posts
7,325 battles
18 minutes ago, snowy76 said:

Out of interest, who thought that was a good idea?:cap_viking:

So they are now effectively fireproof?

Would have been nice for WG to communicate that.....

Patch notes.

 

And it was kinda "necessary", given otherwise CVs would get screwed by automated damecon if a CV repairs itself on the first minor issue and then dies to the follow up without the player having any control over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BULL]
Players
25 posts
1,646 battles

I get what you mean now, not playing CV's, I skipped over the patch notes re them... 

 

So, which is the best shell to use?🤔 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,963 posts
17,042 battles
4 minutes ago, snowy76 said:

So, which is the best shell to use?🤔 

 

Depends on the CV and the ship you're captaining.

Generally speaking T4-8 CVs are vulnerable to HE as well as high caliber AP. At T10 however all CVs get an armored flight deck, as such they become almost completely immune to HE (Conqueror and Lion HE can penetrate) as well as immune to all AP shells fired at their deck regardless of distance. No matter which shell type you use you should go for the hull instead of the deck when shooting at T10 CVs.

 

With RN CVs however the armored part doesn't extend their entire deck length, so using HE and high caliber AP can still be effective. I recommend just looking at the armor of them ingame.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BULL]
Players
25 posts
1,646 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

 

Depends on the CV and the ship you're captaining.

Generally speaking T4-8 CVs are vulnerable to HE as well as high caliber AP. At T10 however all CVs get an armored flight deck, as such they become almost completely immune to HE (Conqueror and Lion HE can penetrate) as well as immune to all AP shells fired at their deck regardless of distance. No matter which shell type you use you should go for the hull instead of the deck when shooting at T10 CVs.

 

With RN CVs however the armored part doesn't extend their entire deck length, so using HE and high caliber AP can still be effective. I recommend just looking at the armor of them ingame.

 

That is true, mainly mid-tier BB's atm.

It gets a little dispiriting when you fight your way through the whole red team and are left with 2-3 beat down BB's against a CV and time after time the CV clears you up.

Half the time you cant find them and even when you can you cant stop the planes anymore by setting a fire.

Even if you do find them they can out run you most of the time as you are dodging torpedo drops.

When you are hitting them you are doing 600-800 over pens with AP and HE does little more.

 

CV's are far too powerful in the end game meta atm

 

5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Citadels are still there.

46639_72_1554750528.jpg

 

I got 9 citadels in a game last night, just none on the CV.....:cap_viking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7,889 posts
9,565 battles
2 minutes ago, snowy76 said:

I got 9 citadels in a game last night, just none on the CV.....:cap_viking:

This is why you check their armor layout. And pray to RNGesus to guide your shells

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
20,527 posts
12,586 battles
11 minutes ago, snowy76 said:

 

I got 9 citadels in a game last night, just none on the CV.....:cap_viking:

Mine were all on CV.

Not much were 100mm AP can get through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BULL]
Players
25 posts
1,646 battles
2 minutes ago, Panocek said:

This is why you check their armor layout. And pray to RNGesus to guide your shells

RNGesus hates me as does RMGudda.......

I have checked the armour layouts and it not an easy hit, most citadels are below waterline.

Just find it ironic that the the CV's converted from BB hulls don't retain their armour which some of them did like the HMS Furious or the IJN Kaga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DONLY]
Players
117 posts
2,283 battles

That is pure BS... if you find a CV they should be helpless. That's the thing with CVs! They should hide. Fireproofed? Better air attacks? Good Armor? You see what it has created: CV meta. You cant play a game without a CV regardless of tier anymore. With that. DDs are crippled so BB can run wild. There are often over 10 times more BBs in queue than anything else. If not 20 times. Last time it was 4 Cruisers vs 89 BBs vs 6 CVs vs 2 DDs. That is not healthy at all. Wargaming needs to buff Flak and remove survivability from CVs. The only thing they need to react to is a torpedo flooding thats it and that makes the game a joke. In the last 24 games CVs where always in the top 5 on both sides even if they played pretty poorly and ignored goof flak ships. Its even worse than the DD meta back then and that says a lot!

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
663 posts
3,809 battles
59 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

 There are often over 10 times more BBs in queue than anything else. If not 20 times. Last time it was 4 Cruisers vs 89 BBs vs 6 CVs vs 2 DDs. 

Thats because russian BBs are out and also Georgia is out. So alot of the people are playing the new BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DONLY]
Players
117 posts
2,283 battles
19 hours ago, Asakka said:

Thats because russian BBs are out and also Georgia is out. So alot of the people are playing the new BBs.

And because all other types are outclassed ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,963 posts
17,042 battles
20 hours ago, Asakka said:

Thats because russian BBs are out and also Georgia is out. So alot of the people are playing the new BBs.

 

Yeah, it's not like we've been dealing with BB overpopulation for a few years at this point. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BULL]
Players
25 posts
1,646 battles
On 6/20/2019 at 6:55 PM, El2aZeR said:

 

Yeah, it's not like we've been dealing with BB overpopulation for a few years at this point. :Smile_trollface:

BB overpopulation isn't a massive problem, certainly less of a problem that either an over population of DD's or CV's both of which break the game for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,963 posts
17,042 battles
6 minutes ago, snowy76 said:

BB overpopulation isn't a massive problem, certainly less of a problem that either an over population of DD's or CV's both of which break the game for everyone.

 

Except ironically BB overpopulation is literally the very source of nearly all meta issues we face today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BULL]
Players
25 posts
1,646 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

 

Except ironically BB overpopulation is literally the very source of nearly all meta issues we face today.

I think there is a number of reasons we have BB overpopulation, name identification, lower skill level for basic competency, they have the most impressive in game models and WG's habit of bringing out a Premium BB's every second week.

Same reasons for Heavy tanks in WoT, everyone has heard of a Tiger....

BB overpopulation has less impact on the game play than DD or the CV overpopulation which is currently ruining the game for everyone.

Ironically, the most vocal critics of the current CV heavy MM are the DD mains who couldn't or wouldn't see the negative effect the pre CV's rework DD Meta.

As for the CL and CA players, well their AA has been nurtured to the point where it is ineffective most of the time and they face getting deleted out of a game to a BB alpha before they can get anywhere safe due to CV's getting spots in the first 20-30 seconds while they are still in open water....

I do think players perspectives are different as to where the problem lies depending on which Main they are.

Happy days in ships...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,963 posts
17,042 battles
7 hours ago, snowy76 said:

I do think players perspectives are different as to where the problem lies depending on which Main they are.

 

Except BB overpopulation is objectively the source. Every single issue can be traced back to it.

- camping meta? 5 BBs on each side bowcamping all the time doesn't allow for much dynamic play

- CVs? 5 BBs per team pushed cruisers into a more niche class instead of being the primary class of this game, meaning AA coverage virtually ceased to exist which inevitably lead to the rework

- Torpedo soup? Again with 5 BBs per team the next easiest thing to play was DDs

 

You see, everything that genuinely hurts BBs has been nerfed. HE spam and torpedoes are pale shadows of their former self, CVs don't actually like to strike BBs because they are nowadays the best AA ships in the game, DDs are heavily concentrated on fighting themselves more than anything else (and well, surviving the onslaught of planes), DoT too has been heavily cut down in effectiveness and ofc BB armor schemes have been modified so that most broadsiding BBs can't be punished.

Meanwhile BBs become more and more powerful with each iteration. They are the true :etc_swear: of this game and the very reason why this game is what it is now.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BULL]
Players
25 posts
1,646 battles

So whats the solution... CV's are still OP in todays META from my experiences in game. 

I have the feeling a lot of people would agree with that statement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×