Ninjitsu_is_SK

Kiev needs to be buffed further given current T8 MM

3 comments in this topic

[RPS]
Players
32 posts
5,502 battles

Kiev is a fun ship. However, all the fun is completely destroyed by current T8 matchmaking. I have already written my thoughts on that in the appropriate thread, but the Kiev suffers uniquely from being up tiered so much + carriers.

1. You are out-concealed by everything except Kiev and Tashkent and ships with untrained captains or without concealment upgrade. This prevents you from torping or spotting too much.
  2. Carriers have an easier time spotting you if you go alone on a flank. Staying with other ships means you're mostly useless - not enough range on the guns, not enough range on the torps.
  3. Being a good gun boat generally means the CV (or both of them) make a beeline for you straight away. And while you can outrun ships and dodge surface fired shells, it's much harder to dodge rockets. You can't outrun planes.
  4. Kiev doesn't play well with smoke and no heal. However, taking heal makes things very hard in current meta. You can't heal much of rocket damage. Taking smoke is boring and not suited to kiev, apart from hiding from planes.
  5. Kiev doesn't have the armour, HP or AA like cruisers do.

So what would I suggest?

1. Buff AA on kiev
  2. Give kiev additional slot for defensive AA fire consumable.
  3. Give kiev additional smoke
  4. Combine #2 and #3 above - instead of choosing between smoke and heal, let us choose between smoke and def AA, but always have heal.

#1 and #4 would make Kiev very competitive when uptiered imo.

The other thing you can do of course is fix the bloody matchmaking for tier 8 ships, and stop having multiple CVs at T8.

[FHKK_]
Players
2,417 posts
13,430 battles

Nice Mine. I like your intentions. 

I think, Kiev is an supporter, she fight from the second line, with range. She’s not the Cap-Conquerer, her job is burn the BBs and CA. She works like an verry small Cruiser. 

And that’s, ok.

[LEEUW]
[LEEUW]
Players
493 posts
7,778 battles

CV rework made that line well.... Useless.

Ognevoi => Grozovoi is by far the superior line since the rework.