You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Inappropriate_noob

Epicentre.......

17 comments in this topic

Players
3,538 posts

Now as maps go, everytime I get this map I wish for ocean, it is that bad, how on earth do you play this map correctly?

Everyone screams go cap the centre, yeah sure radar ships and CV's mean DD's and Cruisers won't last five minutes, this is one map I cannot figure out at all, in my BB's I just follow the others, low tech method I know but it is all I can do.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
802 posts
4,610 battles

Epicentre is played on different maps depending on tier. 
Which map do you mean? 

[-AP-]
Players
2,852 posts
6,905 battles

I think epicenter would work rather well for cb, but it just doesnt work in randoms, because its too complicated for the random apes there.

• Funny 2

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
15,859 battles
39 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Now as maps go, everytime I get this map I wish for ocean, it is that bad, how on earth do you play this map correctly?

Everyone screams go cap the centre, yeah sure radar ships and CV's mean DD's and Cruisers won't last five minutes, this is one map I cannot figure out at all, in my BB's I just follow the others, low tech method I know but it is all I can do.

That is because that centre is worth +7 points per tick. When you cap it and can hold on to it ( no matter the other rings ) you win no matter what.

It is very hard if a DD rushed there, managed to cap it and hides behind a rock while his team prevents any push or flanking to remove that DD ( they can camp and kite and actually win then  ) to take it back.

Funny enough due to the stupidity of many campers and kiters that remain very remote from the ring it is actually easy to capture and hold the centre. Radar is not going to help them either...can't shoot through rocks. Only a determined flanking or charging attempt may prove succesfull if your team does not know they should protect that DD at all costs. And that ofcourse happens too.

It is not player skill.....it is making use of the mistakes of your enemies.

• Boring 1

[GWR]
Players
550 posts
9,309 battles

i thought the correct procedure for epicentre was for all BBs to rush the white line and finally push with 15 seconds left before defeat

• Funny 5

[-TPF-]
Players
4,488 posts
18,564 battles
1 hour ago, NoobySkooby said:

Load; Tier VI/VII. Select: Monaghan or TRB Shiratsuyu. Flank the right hand side (your POV) of the central island. Rotate 180 degrees so that you can make a quick getaway. Fire as many torpedoes as possible into ships behind the island that thought they a) couldn't be seen and b) weren't in range of anyone. Enjoy hilarious results.

• Funny 1

Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,720 battles
1 hour ago, Bear_Necessities said:

The moment you lose the middle cap it’s usually over. Simple as that.

They changed that, I'm pretty sure. The last few epicenters I played had discrete stacking caps. Each ring is treated as a different cap. Center is still important, but the outer caps can swing if the team doesn't cooperate.

• Cool 4

Players
3,657 posts
14,315 battles
21 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

They changed that, I'm pretty sure. The last few epicenters I played had discrete stacking caps. Each ring is treated as a different cap. Center is still important, but the outer caps can swing if the team doesn't cooperate.

You are correct. The middle cap however offers the most points. If you only cap the middle and block the other 2 it becomes a ticking points lead bomb. One where to try and win from a losing position means you have to try sink red ships faster than the points stack. Leading to over extension and eventual defeat, trying to play catch-up. 

[SCRUB]
Players
3,947 posts
20,137 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

It is not player skill.....it is making use of the mistakes of your enemies.

I would classify "making use of the mistakes of your enemies" as a skill one can learn in-game.

I would say that, if you're better / faster at identifying / anticipating mistakes, you are "more skilled" (in this aspect).

OT:

I like Epicentre as an alternative game mode to Standard or "Domination" (?) Battles.

I've experienced teams win without taking the central zones, but most of the times those that control the central zone(s) win the match. I like the recent change that occupying a zone doesn't count as occupying outer zones.

Players
2,588 posts

There is nothing wrong with Epicentre. Way better then Standard Battle and allows for interesting gameplay.

• Cool 2

[LEEUW]
Players
2,905 posts
10,528 battles

Epicentre is so crap when youre in a DD. The entire team just brainlessly screams "DD CAP MID, DD CAP MID". So the next twenty minutes you just sit there taking radars, torps, planes, longe range HE yamatos, etc. etc. Until you die and then your team says "NOOB DD YOU LOST US THE GAME". :cap_like:

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
3,947 posts
20,137 battles
5 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Epicentre is so crap when youre in a DD. The entire team just brainlessly screams "DD CAP MID, DD CAP MID". So the next twenty minutes you just sit there taking radars, torps, planes, longe range HE yamatos, etc. etc. Until you die and then your team says "NOOB DD YOU LOST US THE GAME". :cap_like:

> finally gets behind the island

> gets hit by 460mm HE from a spotter plane Yamato at 26km

> *Detonation*

Long-range HE Yamato is best Yamato :fish_cute_2:

• Funny 3

Players
3,657 posts
14,315 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Spot on. Too many times you see BB’s just sitting on the edge or behind islands. Or cruisers sailing miles away farming damage on none important targets. You need all 3 to push and hold or it fails.

[YEET]
Players
69 posts
11,354 battles

Cossack is just about invisible to CVs with AA switched off, and you might as well have it switched off, as at best it's AA can do is perhaps tickle T6 planes...