Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Uglesett

Credit where credit is due: Wargaming containers

27 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
2,836 posts
6,872 battles

It would be even better if it didnt take a full day of animations to actually open the box ^^.

Its a good thing that the premium time doesnt start ticking until the box is fully opened, else it would have run out once your back in port :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Bad 1

Players
3,449 posts
17,237 battles
2 hours ago, Uglesett said:

I'd just like to show my appreciation for a small but IMO very positive change WG made recently with regards to handing out premium time e.g. as compensation for server issues.

Namely, instead of just handing out a day of premium account time that starts ticking as soon as you claim it, they hand out a "Wargaming container" that always contains one day of premium time.

Which can be opened when you actually have time to play.

It's a small thing, but as someone who can be too busy to play for weeks on end, it's appreciated @Crysantos, @MrConway

+1

Credit where it is due - that is a good move by Wargaming! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Players
123 posts
322 battles

Hello.

Can i cycle between which container i want to open?

If i have 6 availible containers and the third is the one containing the premium time, can i select not to open that one but instead open the first and second one, continueing with the rest?

Otherwise i don't see how i'm about to save up that premium time.

• Cool 1

Players
2,123 posts
20,063 battles

Agreed, give them credit when it's due this is certainly a positive feature,

now I must remember not to click open all crates until I'm ready

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles

Please rename the thread to "Let's give the Devil his due"

But yes, I agree it's a change for the better :)

• Cool 1

Players
550 posts
4,481 battles

I agree about the containers. Good move, WG.
I sometimes think that WG doesn't get enough credit for a lot of things on this forum, but that's another discussion altogether.

• Cool 2

Players
6,058 posts
12,094 battles
On 6/18/2019 at 12:38 PM, Pametrada said:

I agree about the containers. Good move, WG.
I sometimes think that WG doesn't get enough credit for a lot of things on this forum, but that's another discussion altogether.

Yes, it is! it was one of the more common complaints that has been around for ages and this way they kinda adressed it (if only partially).

WG also gives out these crates for PTS rewards now instead of a day of premium, really good move.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,409 posts
12,251 battles
On 6/17/2019 at 8:36 PM, Rose_Dikinson said:

Hello.

Can i cycle between which container i want to open?

If i have 6 availible containers and the third is the one containing the premium time, can i select not to open that one but instead open the first and second one, continueing with the rest?

Otherwise i don't see how i'm about to save up that premium time.

so you want to cycle between your containers?
you like to live dangerously eh?

because with current UI, cycling between them will probably not only freeze your computer, but the russian military satellites as well :)

• Funny 8

Players
243 posts
18,435 battles

I came here expecting the post of a whale spending 1000 and landing a Kutuzov. 

Instead I found a great gesture to a great gesture!

+1!:Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BAD-A]
Players
644 posts
9,368 battles
6 hours ago, Excavatus said:

so you want to cycle between your containers?
you like to live dangerously eh?

because with current UI, cycling between them will probably not only freeze your computer, but the russian military satellites as well :)

Not just the Russian ones - in fact I think it might even stop the world turning...

• Funny 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,605 posts
13,892 battles

*reads post*

*skips to the kids that can't take a bias joke*

Yeah i like the Box Thing. Nice job on that. Also i think a list of your boxes can even be handled by the KGB Sattelites......

Maybe add another Sputnik to distribute the Load

Players
1,772 posts
9,592 battles
3 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Get the message people..

Stop with politics!

Can we discuss the barber who trimmed your beard? I think I need to have a word with him 

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,409 posts
12,251 battles
24 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Can we discuss the barber who trimmed your beard? I think I need to have a word with him 

what kind of sorcery is this???!!!
That bloody man killed my beloved beard a week ago..! I still regret anytime I look into the mirror!!!

WHO ARE YOU!! HOW DO YOU KNOW!????

Players
1,772 posts
9,592 battles
7 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

what kind of sorcery is this???!!!
That bloody man killed my beloved beard a week ago..! I still regret anytime I look into the mirror!!!

WHO ARE YOU!! HOW DO YOU KNOW!????

Me and @Salentine had a conversation about the shoddy state of your beard, and how it is not regulation length / too fluffy.

We need to be able to see your Adams' Apple when you stand to attention, anything that obstructs that is non-compliance.

• Funny 1

Players
6,058 posts
12,094 battles
On 6/21/2019 at 7:19 AM, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

You want to have him discuss the state of his beard with the one holding a sharp object to his throat? :Smile_amazed:

Talk about living on the edge :Smile-_tongue:

Players
6,058 posts
12,094 battles
20 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Would be nice if the Missouri popped out of those containers, oh wait got to wait another 6 months for that, lol

You mean someone getting something for free while someone else paid for it? :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,782 posts
6,795 battles

thread_necro.jpg.ba7a81ff069912092487de8e04b1939b.jpg

Anyway, did the WG container die out? Lately things like the daily login bonus has again been handing out straight up days of premium time instead. Which is a bit of a shame, because it means you either have to hold off on collecting the bonus if you don't have time to play (and potentially risk not getting all of them if you forget at a later date) or get "useless" days of premium time.

We can haz WG containers instead, plz? @Crysantos @MrConway

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
3 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Lately things like the daily login bonus has again been handing out straight up days of premium time instead.

Login-bonus always has been a "straight day" for eternity. The WG-containers so far were only handed out as compensation for server-borking. 

It would have been nice that the rewards for the Sansonetti-collection intermediates (those 4 days of premium) came in a container as well. Now I "have" to steer a bit and not open containers in order to guess/gamble that I will complete a subcollection by opening the containers on a day that I can actually play.

• Cool 1