Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mantiscore

Fighter consumables are utterly useless

42 comments in this topic

Players
521 posts
7,994 battles

Are you low on HP from a recent brawl? A bomber squadron is approaching you? Fear not! You still have 3 fighters on your ship.

Oh nvm they have 15 cm range and let the first attack through.

Remove it already, and gib something more useful. Its awful.

Also who invented that it can shoot down max 3 bombers should be fired

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 minute ago, AronForce said:

Are you low on HP from a recent brawl? A bomber squadron is approaching you? Fear not! You still have 3 fighters on your ship.

Oh nvm they have 15 cm range and let the first attack through.

Remove it already, and gib something more useful. Its awful.

Also who thought that it can shoot down max 3 bombers should be fired

so you want that 3 seeborne fighters stop squad of 9 to 12 planes...:)

those fighters are OP a as hell....they will let 1 drop on you and than whipe whole squad, they do not increase DPS, they just wipe anything in their pat when yo aggro them.

• Cool 1

Players
521 posts
7,994 battles
Just now, veslingr said:

so you want that 3 seeborne fighters stop squad of 9 to 12 planes...:)

those fighters are OP a as hell....they will let 1 drop on you and than whipe whole squad, they do not increase DPS, they just wipe anything in their pat when yo aggro them.

Yes. Excuse me but i dont have that comfort like you that i can use all the time, like you can use your infinite bombers all the time

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, AronForce said:

Yes. 

its not gonna happen, WG stated they do not want 100% immunity

Players
521 posts
7,994 battles
Just now, veslingr said:

its not gonna happen, WG stated they do not want 100% immunity

Yet the cvs have 100% immunity.

This double standards is disgusting

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles

Yet the cvs have 100% immunity.

no they do not

Players
521 posts
7,994 battles
Just now, veslingr said:

no they do not

They do. AA is negating their attacks. Also AA get weaker and weaker over time, while the planes are just keep coming

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
4 minutes ago, AronForce said:

AA is negating their attacks. 

so planes are no immune, you can drop them down by AAA.

also yes AAA gets destroyeed, but CV loses planes, and no, CV does not have infinite planes in a way most peoples think...it has set amount of planes and when 1 plane dies new respawns in 1 - 1,5 minutes. 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
850 posts

"Unlimited"

So i can just spam bombers on enterprise all the time ? what if they got destroeyed ? where is that "unlimited" button that instantly restores all my planes ?

• Cool 1

Players
521 posts
7,994 battles
10 minutes ago, veslingr said:

so planes are no immune, you can drop them down by AAA.

also yes AAA gets destroyeed, but CV loses planes, and no, CV does not have infinite planes in a way most peoples think...it has set amount of planes and when 1 plane dies new respawns in 1 - 1,5 minutes. 

Omg you have to wait 1 whole minute until you can send another wave. Im sorry for this miserable wait.

Planes will regenerate, AA will not

• Boring 2

Players
521 posts
7,994 battles
Just now, Asakka said:

"Unlimited"

So i can just spam bombers on enterprise all the time ? what if they got destroeyed ? where is that "unlimited" button that instantly restores all my planes ?

You have 3 types of planes. They are unlimited.

Other ships have reload times aswell

[THESO]
Players
850 posts
2 minutes ago, AronForce said:

You have 3 types of planes. They are unlimited.

Other ships have reload times aswell

Well my reload is flying from CV to target. Also they are still not unlimited 

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
5 minutes ago, AronForce said:

Omg you have to wait 1 whole minute until you can send another wave. Im sorry for this miserable wait

1 to 1.5 minutes for ONE plane. For a whole squad of 6 to 8 planes it takes ages.

Planes are nowhere near unlimited. I recognized that easily and I barely ever play a CV and mostly only encounter them with my other ships instead. That unlimited argument is complete hyperbole.

• Cool 1

Players
2,126 posts
20,072 battles

The fighter consumable is so inconsistent sometimes they lock on very quickly and actually do a half decent job, but a lot of he time they are useless as they usually do let the first attack through unchallenged giving any moderately competent CV player plenty of time to escape before lock on. 

• Cool 2

Players
6,058 posts
12,094 battles
6 minutes ago, Asakka said:

"Unlimited"

I think it would've helped the discussion about plane reserves if there perhaps was some way of viewing the state of the resupplies in the game?

It used to be more visible (and easier to explain) when planes had a set stock of planes.

Players
521 posts
7,994 battles
2 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

1 to 1.5 minutes for ONE plane. For a whole squad of 6 to 8 planes it takes ages.

Planes are nowhere near unlimited. I recognized that easily and I barely ever play a CV. That unlimited argument is complete hyperbole.

Planes are not dying as fast as in pre-rework times. In higher tiers carriers with their shitton of planes will not have to wait much time, as they will not lose many planes. You just press a button and voilá, your planes are safe and have a healthy amount of planes again

[THESO]
Players
850 posts
2 minutes ago, AronForce said:

Planes are not dying as fast as in pre-rework times. In higher tiers carriers with their shitton of planes will not have to wait much time, as they will not lose many planes. You just press a button and voilá, your planes are safe and have a healthy amount of planes again

Yeah but thats not unlimited, people are just managing planes better.

For example if i attack and then i have half of my planes red/yellow i wont attack again, ill recall and take other planes. But thats not unlimited, it may seem like it, but its not

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,886 posts
18,092 battles
12 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

The fighter consumable is so inconsistent sometimes they lock on very quickly and actually do a half decent job, but a lot of he time they are useless as they usually do let the first attack through unchallenged giving any moderately competent CV player plenty of time to escape before lock on. 

Quoted for truth. Fighters need to be able to be directed like we did with AA before the patch. And once their airborne target is set they need to engage as quickly as possible. Else you will never get consistent results.

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
Players
2,026 posts
14,921 battles

In higher tiers carriers with their shitton of planes will not have to wait much time, as they will not lose many planes.

They will if they play poorly or mess up.

i.e. Your skill is rewarded. On the flipside, you spend all game regenerating your squadron. 

Try throw away your Midway DBs early game and see how more difficult a time you will have later on. 

Or, throw away all your Haku DBs and miss them later when you could have used them to turn the game and win by blapping a target that really needed to die.

Skill and proper use of your tools is rewarded. Isn't that the ideal situation?  

Players
521 posts
7,994 battles
2 minutes ago, Miragetank90 said:

They will if they play poorly or mess up.

i.e. Your skill is rewarded. On the flipside, you spend all game regenerating your squadron. 

Try throw away your Midway DBs early game and see how more difficult a time you will have later on. 

Or, throw away all your Haku DBs and miss them later when you could have used them to turn the game and win by blapping a target that really needed to die.

I cant do jackshit to counter his skills if my AA shoots down 1 plane and have to wait 3 min for my fighter to be ready to shoot down 3 planes from his squadron of 69 planes

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
13 minutes ago, AronForce said:

You just press a button and voilá, your planes are safe and have a healthy amount of planes again

No. Just plain: No.

What am I even arguing here for? This belongs in the CV Feedback discussion. This thread here is about the fighter consumable not about the same hyperbole we get to hear again and again in all the other CV hate threads. Stop derailing your own thread.

Back to main topic:

Fighter planes can work quite well. They can stop the first attack too. But as they circle around your ship, and the atacking planes being able to start their attack run from outside the patrol area, they are not always in a position to do so. Fighter planes also have a turn radius and flight speed set by the game rules. They can't teleport themself into positions where they are best used. So it needs some knowledge on when to start your consumable best and a lot of luck to use them as a proper defense.

Players
521 posts
7,994 battles
1 minute ago, Egoleter said:

No. Just plain: No.

What am I even arguing here for? This belongs in the CV Feedback discussion. This thread here is about the fighter consumable not about the same hyperbole we get to hear again and again in all the other CV hate threads. Stop derailing the thread.

Back to main topic:

Fighter planes can work quite well. They can stop the first attack too. But as they circle around your ship, and the atacking planes being able to start their attack run from outside the patrol area, they are not always in a position to do so. Fighter planes also have a turn radius and flight speed set by the game rules. They can't teleport themself into positions where they are best used. So it needs some knowledge on when to start your consumable best and a lot of luck to use them as a proper defense.

So if i manage to activate my fighter at the right time, how 3 shot down planes stops a squadron of 12 planes?

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
22 minutes ago, AronForce said:

Omg you have to wait 1 whole minute until you can send another wave. Im sorry for this miserable wait.

Planes will regenerate, AA will not

not a nother wawe....1 PLANE....for wave you need 8-10 minutes

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,216 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, Miragetank90 said:

Not if the other side has basicly no option to counter that skill. Its entirely up to the CV player to [edited]me, or my flak [edited] him.

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
13 minutes ago, AronForce said:

Planes are not dying as fast as in pre-rework times. 

yes, nor the Alpha is big as pre-rework times