Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
zordage

WG we have a problem.

127 comments in this topic

[PLD]
Players
95 posts

The hostile and toxic spew in chat is getting worse it´s in each battle now there are few games where i am the target of it but still this is not behavior that i like to see in the games i play.

For me it seams to be getting worse year by year and i hope you can get the grips on this before it hurts the game to much.

I do not play in coop so i do not know if its there.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 8

[UK-RN]
Players
102 posts
2,991 battles
4 minutes ago, zordage said:

The hostile and toxic spew in chat is getting worse it´s in each battle now there are few games where i am the target of it but still this is not behavior that i like to see in the games i play.

For me it seams to be getting worse year by year and i hope you can get the grips on this before it hurts the game to much.

It's still nowhere near as bad as games like call of duty though is it? 

Ever heard the phrase stick and stones break my bones but words will not hurt me. 

You just need to toughen up and not be so sensitive to people calling you names or swearing. Take this as a life lesson and just ignore them

• Cool 10
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[TACHA]
Players
1,524 posts
17,227 battles

I am not sure it is much worse. On the whole, most players seem an amiable bunch with the occasional lunatic. Just report him for misbehaviour in chat and block him if he annoys you. I find congratulating other players when they do something good is far more rewarding than continual criticism.

• Cool 5

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts

Why do you take it serious at all ?

But i agree it clutters the valid requests for coordination or support.

But here it is no different.....before you know it you are flamed here as well. And the mods seem to never ban the worst ones, but rather the ones that are tempted to flame back.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Players
3,652 posts
14,315 battles
1 hour ago, zordage said:

10 games tonight and worst I’ve seen is “my team suck”. That’s it. WoW’s isn’t close to most other online games when it comes to abuse in chat.

• Cool 7

Alpha Tester
3,105 posts
12,188 battles
2 hours ago, zordage said:

If people stop criticising the way I play then I'll stop being toxic....so who came first, the chicken or the egg? When some fool poops his pants in his bb because I'm not spotting for him in that moment in my dd when I was spotting all along while he was hiding, I sure as hell have a right to tell him where to go shove his attitude. And I may do it colourfully too, because I'm all for rainbows and such.:Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 8

Players
1,913 posts

Its because the players are getting worse year by year. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,676 battles

The enemy team there is usually quite civilized albeit a little trigger happy with the teamkills. :Smile_trollface: Then again the enemy team is usually not hiding and pushes of like 4 battleships together, mutually supporting each other are not uncommon either: Neither do they leave the one in front the moment something gets spotted, nor does the tanking of said first ship go unused.

So is quite understandable why they are so civilized. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,817 battles
3 hours ago, zordage said:

There is no one special attacking me its more constant issue that you see in each battle.

Yeah, it's terrible in this game. I can recommend installing a mod to deactivate in-game chat.

IMHO using the command wheel orders shapes better players anyway.

Wishing you a nice time in WoWs :)

:crab:

Additional "Command Wheel" ship commands suggestion for social interaction,

including "I am sorry".

[NAN0]
Players
253 posts
1,871 battles

I only get vocal abuse thrown at me when I play cv, because i suck at it. Still, it got to the point where i was in a t6 match with a t6 furious and people just told me to go play coop and started giving away my position in chat. I provided cover and i only missed like 2 drops, idk what else people want from me.

Probably not gonna touch cvs again, let a shitty taste.

[THESO]
Players
641 posts
12,733 battles
1 hour ago, kiteohatto said:

I just wouldn't take it personally. If you play a CV you get a lot of *hit thrown at your direction. It doesn't matter if you're good or bad. Some team mates think you're his personal servant and there's no way to make them happy. If you learn them well and start having excellent games, enemy players start calling you cancer.

Overall, this game is really not too bad. Most days I get some games with an overall positive vibe in the chat. Possibly one in three games has somebody in the chat who I would prefer just shutting the *uck up. If I'm in a bad mood I might snap back. But more players are nice than rude, and then there's the silent majority.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
973 posts
6 hours ago, zordage said:

not we, you ...

i could not care less what some nobody has to say about me ...

Beta Tester
973 posts
5 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Why do you take it serious at all ?

But i agree it clutters the valid requests for coordination or support.

But here it is no different.....before you know it you are flamed here as well. And the mods seem to never ban the worst ones, but rather the ones that are tempted to flame back.

how do you determine if request is valid or if the person requesting it is worth of support ...

[GW_KR]
Players
314 posts
14,689 battles

There will always be idiots and morons out there. If they have a valid point for their complaints, suck it up and try to learn but if - like most of the time - they are just selfish and wants you to sacrifice yourself for their benefit then just ignore them. As simple as that really. Dont let them take away the fun!

3 hours ago, kiteohatto said:

I only get vocal abuse thrown at me when I play cv, because i suck at it. Still, it got to the point where i was in a t6 match with a t6 furious and people just told me to go play coop and started giving away my position in chat. I provided cover and i only missed like 2 drops, idk what else people want from me.

It is a learning curve like everyting else playing cv. I myself suck at it too and I find it frustrating and boring, but if you like it then play it and ignore the gits!

[JRM]
Players
7,458 posts
25 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

how do you determine if request is valid or if the person requesting it is worth of support ...

By looking what the :etc_swear: they are doing, where they are and what they are facing and OFC what thy are asking for? I mean lets be honest here 99% of requests are bbs positioned at the edge of the map or at least behind an island 20km form the battle line asking for "Inteligence data" and/or "air cover" they are usually not worth the 5s you spent looking at the minimap to see what the :etc_swear: they want :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 4

[THESO]
Players
4,759 posts

Yesterday in coop I played my CV.

The team melted in 3 minutes, so I was left alone vs 4 bots (which I don't mind, more beer for me). Of course 2 of the potatos started flaming me in chat.

Few minutes later they shut up, as I wrecked the bots killing 6 of them all together.

I got -2 karma... but thats ok, I dont believe in karma anyways ;)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Beta Tester
973 posts
2 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

By looking what the :etc_swear: they are doing, where they are and what they are facing and OFC what thy are asking for? I mean lets be honest here 99% of requests are bbs positioned at the edge of the map or at least behind an island 20km form the battle line asking for "Inteligence data" and/or "air cover" they are usually not worth the 5s you spent looking at the minimap to see what the :etc_swear: they want :Smile_sceptic:

exactly and because of this i mostly ignore all these requests and support the one who appears to do the right thing imho.

but then again, the one issuing request of support from polishing map border really feels bad for being ignored and makes new thread here because of increasing hostility and toxicity in game 

• Cool 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,605 posts
13,892 battles
6 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

10 games tonight and worst I’ve seen is “my team suck”. That’s it. WoW’s isn’t close to most other online games when it comes to abuse in chat.

Boy are you lucky, I had a Streamer go of about what sons of ***** my clan is, a Daring that keept pissing on us as a Division, a Stalingrad with 15k battles and Unicum stats that called me and a Zao f*** Broadside lucky noobs after eating a citadel for moving broadside through the field of view. Ranked was a clownshow. And yeah this weekend was the worst. By a long margin.

[ROT8]
Players
2,734 posts
7 hours ago, Bear_Necessities said:

totally agree...hardly see any abuse, just an a-hole now and again, usually an early kill tomato spouting off. 

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles

It is indeed very toxic - for a delicate flower.
On a more serious note: the WoWs community is awesome, and the chat is very civil by the internet standards.

What was the previous game you played (which you're comparing WoWs chat to, I presume)?

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,025 posts

Well, those times we have a flamer in chat, I've seen more players just go "mimimimi" back.

It usually shuts them up or they just switch to their native tongue and insult some more.....and nobody cares.

But I tend to ask a player why he/she is playing stupid.....in a polite way. But if RNG had been a little less forgiving,

more "less skilled" players would die to being permantly broadside to u.

[-G0M-]
Beta Tester
297 posts
12,688 battles

Well, the level of toxicity is increasing, but it is increasing in direct proportion to the number of bots/clowns in the game, especially at high tiers.

The number of times you are bottom tier and the top tiers in your team are 30%, 200+ game players is increasing significantly, I do not condone the offensive remarks in chat but I understand the frustration they are born of.

I called a Hipper a "clown" yesterday, top tier he sailed in to a cap in the first minute of the game and got nuked, he was top tier, his response was "I made a mistake".. I just had to look at the numbers for that boat, 32% 300 games and an ave damage that would make a tier4 blush. Is this the players fault? Nope, it is all WG's fault, no in-game tutorials, expecting the CC community to "educate" players on how to play, which is flawed because 90% of the player base never visit the forums, never visit youtube. The only place where you can guarantee they will be is in the game and where is the only place you will not find anything about how to play this game? Yep, in the game. I'm not saying tutorials are the only answer but they are an element of the solution.

This is a team game where you don't get to pick your team, the players that have failed their way to tier 10, can continue to play tier

10 all day whilst doing nothing in game, due to the camo's and flags these days means the game experience gets worse every week. So, to fix this what are WG doing? Fixing bugs? Stopping bots? Educating their customers? Nope, they are looking at adding fuel to smoke stacks for rolling smoke, or smoke shells, the logic path at WG does beggar belief sometimes.

TB.

• Cool 7

[THESO]
Players
4,759 posts
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

What was the previous game you played (which you're comparing WoWs chat to, I presume)?

Super Mario :D

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
1,434 posts
12,219 battles
1 hour ago, SirAmra said:

mimimimi

Excuse my ignorance but what is the "mimimi" thing and the "moin" thing?

On topic

The game has an inbuilt function. Its called "I ignore you" and you don't need to push a button for it to be active. It is telepathic.

Regards

Saltface

• Funny 1