You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FlariuS

Worst Ranked Season ever !!!

36 comments in this topic

[EXCEL]
Beta Tester
28 posts
12,562 battles

Worst Ranked Season ever... Many had already said why. Ships for rent, broken system, cv's and so on so i will not explain it more. let the WG groupies defend the ranked. Just wanted to say it. Did not played much Ranked since start and think will not do it again. Since they can't make Ranked games actually Ranked based on % of win or something it is not worth playing. WG a money cow and they want more people play this game while doing not much work. OK, fine. Just rename it then. not Ranked but free for all or carry...

• Cool 9
  • Bad 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 hour ago, FlariuS said:

Worst Ranked Season ever... Many had already said why. Ships for rent, broken system, cv's and so on so i will not explain it more. let the WG groupies defend the ranked. Just wanted to say it. Did not played much Ranked since start and think will not do it again. Since they can't make Ranked games actually Ranked based on % of win or something it is not worth playing. WG a money cow and they want more people play this game while doing not much work. OK, fine. Just rename it then. not Ranked but free for all or carry...

who are you?

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,155 posts
23,627 battles

Not one of the best, indeed.

It has  to deal with 2 trouble issues at the same time: rentals and reworked carriers.

• Cool 4

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,155 posts
23,627 battles
7 minutes ago, veslingr said:

who are you?

Luke, he is your father...

• Funny 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
8 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Luke, he is your father...

aaa..thats is it!!!

Players
3,130 posts
10,559 battles

Ranked is always like this, however a lot worse now. 

The CV rework, rentals and tier 10 has destroyed it completely for me.

Not worth it.

Good day :cap_tea:

• Cool 5

Players
1,616 posts
18,156 battles

I hardly bothered with ranked this time, I don't mind the rentals there are always idiots even without rentals, but trying to do it with the CV re work only half done just made it too annoying for me. 

Players
3,130 posts
10,559 battles
7 minutes ago, lovelacebeer said:

there are always idiots even without rentals, but trying to do it with the CV re work only half done just made it too annoying for me. 

True, but there is more of them.  And the rework is done.

• Cool 1

Players
3,291 posts
14,054 battles
2 hours ago, FlariuS said:

Worst Ranked Season ever... 

Any one else read that in Simpson’s comic book guys voice?

On the actual point. I don’t think it’s been a particularly great ranked. Not due to CV’s but rental players getting access to ships that demand high skill and yet have less than 300 games. Had some truly awful teams. Nothing worse than 2 rental Shimas on your team going up against experienced gearing captains running legendary modules... :fish_palm:

With CW being T10, ranked should always be lower tiers for the accessibility factor. Not the tier where the smallest mistake gets punished the hardest, with players in ships they’ve never been close to and then expected to perform in them as part of a team.

• Cool 4

Players
316 posts
10,348 battles
2 minutes ago, Bear_Necessities said:

Any one else read that in Simpson’s comic book guys voice?

On the actual point. I don’t think it’s been a particularly great ranked. Not due to CV’s but rental players getting access to ships that demand high skill andnyet have less than 300 games. Had some truly awful teams.

With CW being T10, ranked should always be lower tiers for the accessibility factor. Not the tier where the smallest mistake gets punished the hardest, with players in ships they’ve never been close to and then expected to perform in them as part of a team.

it should just be called save a star season

Players
3,291 posts
14,054 battles
4 minutes ago, Lord_Holland_of_Wessex said:

it should just be called save a star season

Kinda agree with that. Though I was stupidly optimistic when I took Montana out and attempted to play for the win and play for the team only to end up with potato teams and come second every game to a star saving cruiser.... that was 10 games of hurt...

Players
1,616 posts
18,156 battles
1 hour ago, Redcap375 said:

True, but there is more of them.  And the rework is done.

Im choosing to delude myself and hope that WG will realise they need to do a lot more work still. 

• Cool 3

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,241 battles

Wasn't that bad. Ranked out in 73 games. Rentals do definitely need to go though. Or at least be limited to rank 10 and bellow. 

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,155 posts
23,627 battles
20 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Wasn't that bad. Ranked out in 73 games. Rentals do definitely need to go though. Or at least be limited to rank 10 and bellow. 

Or mirrored like CVs. I ve had many games with 2 rentals in my team and zero for the enemy.

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles

I don't think rental ships are the intrinsic problem, but WG should have made it mandatory that players should do something like play ten battles in Co-Op in the same rental ship before entering a Ranked battle. That way the player learns bit about the ship and its  consumables. 

Ranked is a flawed mode, the system for saving a star sucks, it's usually either a CV or a BB that gets the saved star, so screw the rest of the team, and the salt increases the later in the season you go. The snowflakes really come out if they die and the team doesn't then do what they advise in chat. Up to rank ten it's enjoyable early in the season, after the mid-point the game becomes rank.

• Cool 2

[2PTS]
Players
76 posts
35,812 battles

i did not rank out i gave up lols rank3 in 49 battles then every game cv as a result after 500 batles rank7 is where is stop or will unistall the game which prolly is what i should do LOLs in the first place

image.thumb.png.fc11dc9806950450c2e7ebb615b163be.png

maybe its the factr that i desided to play mostly dds i dont have a clue ahahhah

image.thumb.png.dca6b04467c276774bbd1eeb41bc2663.png

but i must admit i had lots of fun with my khaba besides the final outcome but i always like a challenge LOLs my impressions of this rank season you really dont want to know a tottally unbalanced game with a totally unbalanced MM plus 98% of the lost battles cvs retained their star plus a lot of battles desided on pure rng crap  its all to random for my liking

image.thumb.png.c5828da8b804a04252bdd8c2b0beb0cc.png

and iam really a noob  i mean who in his right mind would have 500 + battles in a konigsberg lolololololol

[TACHA]
Players
1,412 posts
15,574 battles

Setting it at Tier X is the problem - I quickly reached Tier 10 and had had enough. The frustration of playing a team game when no-one wants to play as a team. At least in randoms you expect nothing.

• Cool 2

Players
315 posts

I think this is by far the most exciting ranked season. CV in ranked is nothing new and adding rentals was maybe not a a bad idea, this way everybody can participate. You dont lose a star if you are number 1 so what more can you ask?

Players
1,981 posts
13,007 battles
29 minutes ago, Zlaraki said:

I think this is by far the most exciting ranked season. CV in ranked is nothing new and adding rentals was maybe not a a bad idea, this way everybody can participate. You dont lose a star if you are number 1 so what more can you ask?

For a slight chance to be number 1 in a CV game? Especially if you naive enough to play DD? Or even in a no CV game, always there will be HIV or ConQ farming fire damage from max range, dying last saving star.

Players
1,794 posts
12,551 battles

CVs have all but dissapeared from ranked, which is good. 3 games played this morning, 3 stars into rank 3. Very, very few rentals, which is also good. It had no place in ranked other than to increase the already average playerbase and make lower ranks a fücking lottery.

The way XP is calculated, high survivability, high damage farming ships will always keep the star in a defeat. Playing a DD means you are unlikely to retain the star because if you've done the required 120-140k damage you have probably won the match anyway.

Next ranked will be either T10 again or T8, because CVs.

Weekend Tester
857 posts

Was in one last night where our conquerer decided to go to  a back corner and done nothing all game, our dd's done nothing allowing the  other teams dd to take the epicentre i could do nothing in the midway about it they never activated their aa making them invisable, I crisscrossed  the centre  so many times till they capped it and then they activated their aa, which then shot down my  rocket planes promptly, not know where they were could not avoid them till to late, but yeah that was just onbe game to be honest the rest were not much better.

[TTTX]
1,559 posts
14,544 battles

I kind of liked this season. Got a bit frustrated at the start but it was just me being a potato.

It was much better than the gimmick infested festival of awful that the last season was (for me at least).

Players
1,794 posts
12,551 battles
8 minutes ago, DreadArchangel said:

Was in one last night where our conquerer decided to go to  a back corner and done nothing all game, our dd's done nothing allowing the  other teams dd to take the epicentre i could do nothing in the midway about it they never activated their aa making them invisable, I crisscrossed  the centre  so many times till they capped it and then they activated their aa, which then shot down my  rocket planes promptly, not know where they were could not avoid them till to late, but yeah that was just onbe game to be honest the rest were not much better.

There is just the one place where DDs cap in Epicentre, it shouldn't really have been that difficult to locate them.

Weekend Tester
997 posts
5,665 battles

Ranked seasons are great to grind out legendaries, you can get one from about 100 battles. As matches are over quickly this is probably 3x as fast as in randoms.

Otherwise it's too frustrating for me even on a win. When you see that on the enemy team there is a guy playing for the win then gets last place because a HE sniping BB from behind or a CV saves a star (and continue to be in your MM bracket) I just get mad.

• Cool 1