Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zigiran

Citadel on a Kremlin, bug or not?

11 comments in this topic

[_FK_]
Players
213 posts
5,477 battles

I got a citadel hit on an enemy Kremlin. And I'm wondering how this was possible, because:

• I was in a Charles Martel (203 mm guns)
  • At a longer range
  • Shooting HE (and my captain does not have IFHE)

According to the game, my HE shells can penetrate 33 mm of armor.

The Gremlin has 60 mm deck armor and 150 mm citadel top armor.

So... how is this possible? Did I fire a HE shell down a chimney?

[CATS]
Players
26,152 posts
14,103 battles

The force is with you, Luke!

Sounds like a hole in the armor layout. In the past we had 130mm HE citadel a Yamato.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,374 posts
17,545 battles

Sometimes you get a shot through the holes in the geometry. I get it a lot with the Minotaur's guns, a citadel hit out of nowhere on heavily armored battleships at near-max range. It's kind of a bug, but not one that really happens often enough to get a fix for.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

You shot polit commissar as he was wandering the deck looking for flags that aren't red enough.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[SCRUB]
Players
3,781 posts
17,228 battles

Had the same "obscure" thing happen 3 times now, citadelling an angled GK, twice with Montana (in Randoms) and once with Moskva (in Space Battles).

First I thought the conning tower (or however it is called) would also count as a citadel, but WG staff assured me (at this forum) that this wasn't / isn't the case

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
181 posts
6,547 battles

I've had quite a few "weird" Cits lately as well. As long as i can remember, Conqs were basicly impossible to Cit, now it happens kinda often. Maybe just some fluke streak...

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
5 minutes ago, Zieten said:

I've had quite a few "weird" Cits lately as well. As long as i can remember, Conqs were basicly impossible to Cit, now it happens kinda often. Maybe just some fluke streak...

With that particular ship it's possible you run into supertesters playing the Conqueror version with the raised citadel.

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
181 posts
6,547 battles
6 hours ago, Aotearas said:

With that particular ship it's possible you run into supertesters playing the Conqueror version with the raised citadel.

Oh good point! Didn't think of that. These guys played pretty poorly though (flat broadside for prolonged times).

Got another weird cit on a Bismarck in an NC though..but as i said, maybe some fluke shots which happen every few thousand matches

[JRM]
Players
6,283 posts
24,145 battles

Monq always could be citted by plunging AP shells, only thing is you had to be lucky as hell for the plunging shell to hit the sweetspot from those distances its basically lottery to even hit the part of the ship you want

Players
4,007 posts
14 hours ago, Aotearas said:

You shot polit commissar as he was wandering the deck looking for flags that aren't red enough.

That would be a detonation.

IMHO ... common sense left the building when WG allowed (intentionally) cruisers to show full broadside to BBs at close range and receive nothing but over pens. (mind - that is a valid tactics in this game).... so nothing really surprises me anymore.

[FLYD]
Players
1,356 posts
13,065 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

That would be a detonation.

A Detonation that would also explode all other Russian Ships in the Match....

Sign in to follow this