Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LowSpeedHighDrag

Why report, total waste of time!

23 comments in this topic

Players
382 posts
7,798 battles

I'm posting this for the general public. Since, I find their (WG) response rather lack lustre.

To me their response means, that they will only as shown in the picture below. The player will get a mirror damage in the game when this happens. 

I don't see this method as the effective means of deterring, intentional Team Kills (Coops, Randoms, and specially in Ranked). 

Imagine the frustration of being on the receiving end of that Team kill...(I was the one watching it unfold).

Why should the players actually go out of their way to get this ticket submitted, when the end result is nothing but in situation "Mirror" damage received. 

Not a slap on the wrist. Not a warning. Not even a ban for limited time. 

So this basically means, TKer's can TK without any penalty (except their in game credit losses, if any).

This whole process is a waste of time.

edit: ss removed due to rule violations.

Please keep that in mind

Do not create topics/posts to share private conversations

• Exchanges with our Customer Support Services and through private messages should remain private

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Players
629 posts
4,949 battles

no, WG handles this on a case by case basis. Because of EU data protection laws, they are not at liberty to say what they will do to whom. You have to send them a replay for them to do anything.

[NWP]
Players
1,331 posts
9,830 battles
3 hours ago, CraftyVeteran said:

Because of EU data protection laws, they are not at liberty to say what they will do to whom

This is correct

@LowSpeedHighDrag

I trust WG handles these cases and sanctions anyone that engages in team kill. 

Two things work in favor of team killers:

1. EU data protection laws that do not allow WG to tell us what they did to whom. So, you as a player, don't get feedback that will allow you to feel that the problem has been taken care of;

2. We, Players, avoid submitting tickets under the false assumption that nothing will happen.

The first is not in our hand.

The second is all up to you.

Regards

Saltface

Beta Tester
713 posts
2 hours ago, Saltface said:

This is correct

@LowSpeedHighDrag

I trust WG handles these cases and sanctions anyone that engages in team kill. 

Two things work in favor of team killers:

1. EU data protection laws that do not allow WG to tell us what they did to whom. So, you as a player, don't get feedback that will allow you to feel that the problem has been taken care of;

2. We, Players, avoid submitting tickets under the false assumption that nothing will happen.

The first is not in our hand.

The second is all up to you.

Regards

Saltface

i wonder how eu data protection works - afaik there are very few (if any) playing under their real name and so telling that f.e hellhound666 is team killer and was banned for week in last "ban wave" could reveal who i am.

they cannot reveal my e-mail and credit card data but this stupid name is not protected in any way.

• Cool 3

Players
1,981 posts
13,007 battles

What? Do you try to tell us that if support says, "we are sorry, but next time you can report it in the battle using report" they actually are punishing the offender as well? I highly doubt it as in one case I was told that the person reported will be dealt with accordingly, not given standard BS about reporting in the game with useless, meaningless thing designed mostly for noobs, so they can vent frustration related to poor performance, by reporting own teammates for not saving them or not following "taktiks" invented by self-called admiral, or for reporting best playing guy on enemy team.

Players
2,370 posts
15,244 battles
On 6/16/2019 at 12:15 AM, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Imagine the frustration of being on the receiving end of that Team kill...(I was the one watching it unfold)

Frustration? Are you kidding me? It is so much fun after taking friendly torpedo, watching someone not only go pink but loosing it in a chat as well! :Smile_trollface:

Team kills are not a problem anymore IMO, since are possible only when ship is low on hitpoints.

In all other instances mirrored damage kicks in extremely fast and is very effective in taking offenders back to port.

And when it comes to reporting, I'm afraid there is no way of knowing how effective automatic system is, but judging by amount of "chatbanned" threads, I'd say it works pretty well.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,860 posts
11,731 battles
1 hour ago, hellhound666 said:

i wonder how eu data protection works - afaik there are very few (if any) playing under their real name and so telling that f.e hellhound666 is team killer and was banned for week in last "ban wave" could reveal who i am.

they cannot reveal my e-mail and credit card data but this stupid name is not protected in any way.

Yes, it is a little messed up.  The only on-line game I've played where the names of players who have been banned for cheating was Blizzard and Diablo 3 several yeas ago.

My guess it's all wrapped up with 'naming and shaming'.  It seems that now-a-days it's about protecting the rights of everyone - offenders and innocent parties.   Personally, I'd like deliberate team killers 'named and shamed' and even have a video of the deed published - although I'm sure some would do it on purpose 'for the publicity'.

An example of this is the clips published by Claus Kellerman:

Spoiler

33 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

What? Do you try to tell us that if support says, "we are sorry, but next time you can report it in the battle using report" they actually are punishing the offender as well? I highly doubt it as in one case I was told that the person reported will be dealt with accordingly, not given standard BS about reporting in the game with useless, meaningless thing designed mostly for noobs, so they can vent frustration related to poor performance, by reporting own teammates for not saving them or not following "taktiks" invented by self-called admiral, or for reporting best playing guy on enemy team.

I think it's just another placebo - if we don't know that anything has happened it's just down to 'do you believe what they say'.

• Cool 1

Players
467 posts
8,413 battles

i raised a ticket against a team mate due to his ramming and torping me, he also then messaged me that i should hang myself amongst other things, no idea what happened to them but i am happy WG acted upon it very quickly, i did nothing to cause this nor did i get into a shouting match, but i do think reports are worthwhile

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,046 posts
10,686 battles
2 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

It's actually easy enough on the surface.

You have 3 lists of personal info, each with varying degrees of importance (read: level of personal). None of those can be leaked to third parties unless anonimized in a way that you are incapable of linking the information you have with an individual person (directly or indirectly).

For each level of importance, you have to provide a plan of action in case of a breach.
If you're breached and emails are leaked, warning your clients, plugging the breach and notifying the authorities is enough.
If you're breached and info on sexual orientation/ethnicity with a name to identify the person are leaked, you can basically start calling your bank and telling them that you'll need to round up a few dozen million €€€ just to pay off the MASSIVE fine that's about to hammer down on you. Along with your data protection officer's resignation.

That's the legal obligation.

Nicknames in a game? Not personal data, but since you can potentially get someone's email address, and any other info they're voluntarily making public via the nickname, WG probably just decided to play it extremely safe and not give anyone nicknames, in case they get harassed. WG will be bulletproof, since all personal info has to be made public voluntarily....but the last thing you want to someone being harassed warning authorities that your company might be playing fast and loose with personal data.
It's like a tax audit. You might be doing everything right, but you don't want auditors poking around because they WILL find something.

Source: I work with tons of personal data from store fidelity cards.

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Beta Tester
368 posts
26,819 battles

GDPR has no influence on telling how they punished a player. It’s about your personal data like name, address and things you do associated with that data. If they told you their name and email address as well that might be different.

[TSSU]
Players
150 posts
14 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

I don't see this method as the effective means of deterring, intentional Team Kills (Coops, Randoms, and specially in Ranked). 

Imagine the frustration of being on the receiving end of that Team kill...(I was the one watching it unfold).

Why should the players actually go out of their way to get this ticket submitted, when the end result is nothing but in situation "Mirror" damage received. 

Not a slap on the wrist. Not a warning. Not even a ban for limited time. 

So this basically means, TKer's can TK without any penalty (except their in game credit losses, if any).

Never seen proper intentional team killing, seen accidental a LOT though. Mirror damage works fine (if they insta nuked you, yeah, annoying but...)

Their pink status and reflected damage lasts multi games from memory? 

At the end of the day if they were to review each and every single report of a TK properly, they'd have to watch a replay every time and the judge whether it was accidental, idiocy, or intentional. Given player volumes, i'd imagine it'd be a full time job.

Maybe if I was intentionally team killed repeatedly I'd feel different, but having also suffered watching people afk, or hide at the back of the map throwing insults and refusing to play for whatever reason, if a team mate chose to then blat that person I'd probably cheer them! :) 

Beta Tester
713 posts
2 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

Nicknames in a game? Not personal data, but since you can potentially get someone's email address, and any other info they're voluntarily making public via the nickname, WG probably just decided to play it extremely safe and not give anyone nicknames, in case they get harassed. WG will be bulletproof, since all personal info has to be made public voluntarily....but the last thing you want to someone being harassed warning authorities that your company might be playing fast and loose with personal data.
It's like a tax audit. You might be doing everything right, but you don't want auditors poking around because they WILL find something.

i also work with personal data

and i really dont see how nickname could be personal data. to get it connected with e-mail means already data breach

i think that chat bans or occasional co-op limitations are only punishments which are actually delivered here and im not that sure about this co-op limit. at least i haven't notice anybody making such topics here ...

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,860 posts
11,731 battles
56 minutes ago, Chips_uk said:

Never seen proper intentional team killing, seen accidental a LOT though. Mirror damage works fine (if they insta nuked you, yeah, annoying but...)

Their pink status and reflected damage lasts multi games from memory? 

I was in a game over a year ago where in a BB I ate some accidental friendly torps (I had changed direction to head towards an enemy DD) - there were DDs nearby and I was expecting to get hit by enemy torps so and there were enemy CAs around as wll I did not damage control and flooded dor a decent amount.

Later in the game the player tried to sail between myself and an enemy target that I had been firing on for a while so I would shoot them (on the replay you could see that they had changed direction that made no sense).   After that they fired torps at me where the remaining enemy ships were spotted and in the opposite direction - I was lucky enough to have spotted those and managed to doge them.

Later on their clan division mate contacted me and apologized for their behaviour in-game.  I'd post the replay but I tried that before and got a warning (which was converted into a friendly reminder) for it (naming and shaming).

But WoWS is a lot friendlier game than WoT was (I quit playing four or five years ago due to the team damage/team killing that seemed to be at a  level that ruiing ny enjoyment from it).

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,860 posts
11,731 battles
12 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

and i really dont see how nickname could be personal data. to get it connected with e-mail means already data breach

i think that chat bans or occasional co-op limitations are only punishments which are actually delivered here and im not that sure about this co-op limit. at least i haven't notice anybody making such topics here ...

The only thing with nicknames is that some other players could start trolling them - I'm not sure if you can send PMs on this forum.

I have heard of players being restricted to co-op in the past but have no personal experience of that.  I presume that may be based on the total number of games played.   Mind you if a player is going to do silly things in randoms why stop there?

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,155 posts
23,627 battles

The response system to your tickets is automated now, its a program that is answering you, not a real person, you are wasting your time. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PIPI_]
Players
168 posts
9 hours ago, Skyllon said:

Frustration? Are you kidding me? It is so much fun after taking friendly torpedo, watching someone not only go pink but loosing it in a chat as well! :Smile_trollface:

Team kills are not a problem anymore IMO, since are possible only when ship is low on hitpoints.

In all other instances mirrored damage kicks in extremely fast and is very effective in taking offenders back to port.

And when it comes to reporting, I'm afraid there is no way of knowing how effective automatic system is, but judging by amount of "chatbanned" threads, I'd say it works pretty well.

chatban is a different story and the reporting system being nothing but decoration is a known fact.

People went as far as tracking known/obvious bots and teamkillers and reporting them every single game. Pretty much all of those were still "playing" 1year+ after the tracking started with no visible steps taken.

The system working well is a good myth. I went pink for 12 games because 1 stray shell did ~50 dmg to a friendly killing him (he was burning anyway). In a different game i saw a DD hitting torps on a friendly BB for ~30k dmg and not going pink .... the threshhold for getting punished seems very random.

Either way it's garbage

1. even if he goes pink, you still loose noticable amounts of HP
  2. having that teamkiller on your team means your team has 1 less useful player

then again what do you expect from a system that only allows for half a dozen reports a day and a team that cares more for selling the next premium ship then dealing with the problems brought forth by the player/customer base.

Players
382 posts
7,798 battles
On 6/15/2019 at 10:15 PM, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Do not create topics/posts to share private conversations

• Exchanges with our Customer Support Services and through private messages should remain private

I shall keep that in mind. 

However, would you please explain for once for the sake of transparency.

Why such conversations should remain private (if no, names or details of named player is shown)?

Any conversations that you have with any customer service is "recorded". By law, you too are allowed to record your conversations with the customer service for your own protection. This is not a one way street. 

Players
2,370 posts
15,244 battles
On 6/16/2019 at 8:06 PM, Catslave said:

chatban is a different story and the reporting system being nothing but decoration is a known fact.

People went as far as tracking known/obvious bots and teamkillers and reporting them every single game. Pretty much all of those were still "playing" 1year+ after the tracking started with no visible steps taken.

I don't see any facts. What I see is nothing more then someone's impression.

But you are more then welcome to post links to any research into reporting system, though. I'd gladly read it.

I went pink for 12 games because 1 stray shell did ~50 dmg to a friendly killing him (he was burning anyway). In a different game i saw a DD hitting torps on a friendly BB for ~30k dmg and not going pink .... the threshhold for getting punished seems very random.

You cannot go pink for 12 games because of one kill for ~50 dmg unless you are repeat offender... Looks to me system is working as intended.

1. even if he goes pink, you still loose noticable amounts of HP
  2. having that teamkiller on your team means your team has 1 less useful player

And how many of 'teamkillers' are out there exactly?

Surely would have to run into one if there are so many of them. Last one I remember was couple of thousands of battles ago...

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,720 posts
10,146 battles
15 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

Why such conversations should remain private (if no, names or details of named player is shown)?

I really have no idea the reason behind that rule.

But If I need to guess, that is a two sided conversation, between you and a customer suppor or another player.

So, If you are gonna release a two sided conversation into the public I think you need to inform and get consent of the other party.

It is like journalists saying "Off the record" "On the record" from the start.

May be you can inform the second party that you would go public before they start into the conversation..

But I don't know..

I'm just guessing here..

[77MM]
Players
403 posts
14,154 battles

I do find it odd, that someone can admit to 

3 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

really pathetic when only thing that gives to u erection is team killing 3 dudes from back - definition of [edited] ...

probably also the reaosn why u had 45% wr death star, like in wows .... 

I also find it odd I get a forum violation warning, for a similar response to you - yet the guy who admits to team killing is allowed to post on the forum.... Worlds gone mad.

I expect a forum ban now.

Beta Tester
713 posts
32 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

I really have no idea the reason behind that rule.

But If I need to guess, that is a two sided conversation, between you and a customer suppor or another player.

So, If you are gonna release a two sided conversation into the public I think you need to inform and get consent of the other party.

It is like journalists saying "Off the record" "On the record" from the start.

May be you can inform the second party that you would go public before they start into the conversation..

But I don't know..

I'm just guessing here..

i think that to describe automated response as conversation bit far stretched ...

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,720 posts
10,146 battles

from knowing more than 1 customer support / tech support people from WG,
I can say, at least from my side, your conversations with CS are not automated responses.

Yes in most cases, at least for the start,

they have (I presume) structured answers to give to the players.

But AFAIK you are always interacting with humans on the other side.

Players
445 posts

Normally I agree, but last night I rerported a Shim for refusing to fight in ranked, verbal abuse in the chat and more.

Sent them the replay and boom instant sanction.

Yes this may be a rarity, but just maybe they do take notice.

Sign in to follow this