You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Horin728

Kremlins AA

72 comments in this topic

Players
545 posts
6,310 battles

Now this might seem a little silly in the light of the reworked CVs, but I have to point this out:

Kremlins AA is OP as hell.

How do I know it's not just me being upset? Well let's see some numbers (taken from the EU server).

image.thumb.png.f9bcf8f611be020f233862702751a5bf.png

I have excluded CVs from the list, since their plane kills are skewed, but rest assured that the Kremlin is still in the top spot... A BB kills on average more planes per battle than CVs with fighter consumables... And she kills about twice as many planes as the next best ship (which is a steel ship to boot!)? Really? 

Wow.. Much balans comrade.

The next AA competitor is a steel ship (which I could manage to stomach since she is quite rare) and only THEN we have the usual suspects - the Worcesters, Minotaurs etc.

Now the main problem might not be Kremlins idiotically strong AA on its own, but then there are 2 - 3 of them... And then add all the cruisers mentioned above and the current meta which resembles MEGABLOB simulator 5000... Well you can see the problem.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,770 posts
19,454 battles

Yo @Saiyko, someone finally noticed.

Not to worry tho comrade, glorious Slava has even better AA!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 10

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

yeah right because the raw strength of a ship's AA is obviously the only contributing factor to how many plane kills it gets. It's not like it's got new ship syndrome, or is a massive tempting slab of HP, or tends to be at the front more than other BBs so is a more obvious target, or... or... or... must clearly be Russian Bias at work komrad!

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Players
545 posts
6,310 battles
6 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Yea I met one last game... She was all alone and isolated... Lost all 24 planes in the two runs I made on her... WTF....

image.png.9f1dd502b47fcef940fa3ce49525c8ec.png

Never even came close to any friendly ship...

• Cool 1

Players
3,295 posts
14,054 battles
8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Ohhh we’ve noticed... most of the player base I’ve seen in game has... makes me want one :P

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,770 posts
19,454 battles
15 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

yeah right because the raw strength of a ship's AA is obviously the only contributing factor to how many plane kills it gets. It's not like it's got new ship syndrome, or is a massive tempting slab of HP, or tends to be at the front more than other BBs so is a more obvious target, or... or... or... must clearly be Russian Bias at work komrad!

Lets not kid ourselves, Kreml has stupidly strong AA even if her numbers may not suggest it at first. It easily outperforms DM AA and when everything is considered (survivability etc.) may as well be the best AA ship currently in the game. Mino/Worcester may put out more raw DPS but they also die much faster to air strikes.

The ship only has one hard counter when it comes to air strikes. Said hard counter is also the most powerful CV currently in the game.

• Cool 7

Players
9,829 posts
11,528 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Lets not kid ourselves, Kreml has stupidly strong AA even if her numbers may not suggest it at first. It easily outperforms DM AA and when everything is considered (survivability etc.) may as well be the best AA ship currently in the game. Mino/Worcester may put out more raw DPS but they also die much faster to air strikes.

The ship only has one hard counter when it comes to air strikes. Said hard counter is also the most powerful CV currently in the game.

You see camrade, balans is achieved when you fight broken with broken:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
439 posts
5,436 battles
26 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Yup.

On Kremlin you can get one strike if you use your boost to go in really quickly

Absolutely ridiculous on Slava. You don't get within a few Km

[T_I_W]
Players
35 posts
7,744 battles

Dunno guys. Peeps just keep on bombing me in ranked. Are u reffering to t8 or t10 cv's?

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,506 posts
9,997 battles

its certainly a hard nut to crack and I find torps about the only thing I can reliably hit with without losing all the planes in seconds

[WGP2L]
Players
337 posts
16,553 battles

Ap bombs all day just slingshot in drop boost exit and next Wave in. When you get the engine broken drop torpedos for a flooding. But if he gremlin has friends with him just go for des mos and wursta they are easier targets.

Players
330 posts
8,836 battles
1 hour ago, niclasknig said:

Ap bombs all day just slingshot in drop boost exit and next Wave in. When you get the engine broken drop torpedos for a flooding. But if he gremlin has friends with him just go for des mos and wursta they are easier targets.

When DM and Worcester are easier targets, that says a lot about the Kremlin :P

I must edit this post to add something though: Kremlin *does* solve one of the most frustrating issues in T10: The camping BB meta.

It's really the quintessential "tank". It takes *a lot* of focus fire to kill it, unless it's sitting broadside. And as it gets closer, its teeth grow larger. I like the dispersion formula, but dislike just how invulnerable it is to a lot of things.

• Cool 4

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,169 posts
23,653 battles

Numbers are fooling you.

Kremlin has only 40 k battles, but all of them in carrier OP paradise, with carriers almost each game, sometimes even 2-3 per team.

Minotaur has over 3 milion games and DM over 4 milion games, but is most is from the time when the carrier games were rare.

And during those times ( unlike now...) if carriers did not avoid strong AA cruisers, they risked ending the game without planes, so they avoided them like hell. Now, the "reworked" carriers shiit on eveything, Minotayr and Des Moines included, and not lose planes.

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
571 posts
11,400 battles
2 hours ago, Kleist_ said:

Dunno guys. Peeps just keep on bombing me in ranked. Are u reffering to t8 or t10 cv's?

Kremlin has the best long range aura in game, by a good margin. It extends from 3.5 all the way to 6.6 km, with a base DPS value of 424. Jean Bart and Stalingrad are just above 300 DPS, all others below 300. The mid range aura in Kremlin is also good, and the short range again one of the best in game.

...but then Kremlin has nothing else but those DPS values. No fighter like many other BB's (including the Soviets up to T9), and no Defensive AA like many cruisers. Otherwise it's an easy target for planes, being fat and slow, and the citadel is easy to hit with AP bombs. 

From a CV perspective I don't think it's OP. Just be aware of the strong to 6.6 km range, and only go inside it if you really want to attack it. It will be kinda bad for your planes, but no surprises.

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
1,581 posts
13,502 battles

The AA is strong. But as I've said before - I'd dial it back a little, but not too much. 

The whole concept is a front-liner. The good AA plays into that. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,985 posts
13,038 battles

Common guys, how many Soviet BBs were sunk by carriers in real life?  Nul! So whatcha want? :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

Players
1,906 posts
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

What? Are ppl surprised about this? We all know WG loves the ruski paperships. Slava will be something speshul tho. If ppl think the Conqueror is a retardo magnet, wait until you have a ship with great AA that can sit back at max range and be super accurate. Exactly what we need BB players to do. Sit back and snipe. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,202 posts
7,648 battles
5 hours ago, Horin728 said:

Now this might seem a little silly in the light of the reworked CVs, but I have to point this out:

Kremlins AA is OP as hell.

How do I know it's not just me being upset? Well let's see some numbers (taken from the EU server).

image.thumb.png.f9bcf8f611be020f233862702751a5bf.png

I have excluded CVs from the list, since their plane kills are skewed, but rest assured that the Kremlin is still in the top spot... A BB kills on average more planes per battle than CVs with fighter consumables... And she kills about twice as many planes as the next best ship (which is a steel ship to boot!)? Really? 

Wow.. Much balans comrade.

The next AA competitor is a steel ship (which I could manage to stomach since she is quite rare) and only THEN we have the usual suspects - the Worcesters, Minotaurs etc.

Now the main problem might not be Kremlins idiotically strong AA on its own, but then there are 2 - 3 of them... And then add all the cruisers mentioned above and the current meta which resembles MEGABLOB simulator 5000... Well you can see the problem.

I Noticed.

And no I am not Surprised.

With the Current Meta where CVs are Overpowered as Hell.

Good AA is a Game Deciding Factor.

The Kremlin is likely the only Ship in the Game which has AA that is Appropriate for the Current CV Meta.

Making her the only Ship in the Game that currently is not just Helpless Fodder for CVs.

But then Again. I am currently too Busy to bother.

The Kremlin and other Russian BBs being slightly Overpowered espepcially at Launch was Expected.

And while they got alot of Advantages that are clearly not Balanced for their Class.

They are NOTHING compared to the current CV Situation which Ruins the Game for vast Shares of the Community.

Calling the Kremlin Overpowered when despite it having such an Absurd AA Suite I can still Sink it with a T8 Aircraft Carrier. Is just not Sitting Right with me.

So I have Shelved this Issue until the CV Rework has been Fixed to a Point where Balancing other Ships is actually having a noteworthy Effect.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

Players
545 posts
6,310 battles
4 hours ago, Sunleader said:

*snip*

As I said it might look silly when compared to the CV "REEEEwork" but it's still worth pointing out. Especially if the Slava has even more absurd AA... And with the chances on PTS your TB heal becomes useless and your planes lost will quite possible sky rocket...

Which will be fun... Especially for ships like a Saipan that relies on not loosing his planes...

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,202 posts
7,648 battles
3 minutes ago, Horin728 said:

As I said it might look silly when compared to the CV "REEEEwork" but it's still worth pointing out. Especially if the Slava has even more absurd AA... And with the chances on PTS your TB heal becomes useless and your planes lost will quite possible sky rocket...

Which will be fun... Especially for ships like a Saipan that relies on not loosing his planes...

Well.

The Importand takeaway is.

That currently. I can Deal with a Kremlin.

I can Kill it with my GK (Despite me being really Bad with that Ship so far. And really not having gotten used to this Brick yet)

And I can Kill it with my Graf Zeppelin.

When I saw the Kremlin I actually Remembered this Topic and wanted to Test the Kremlins AA. So I actually Attacked the Kremlin with Different Aircraft.

Its Costly. Even for the Graf Zeppelins Fast Planes. (Albeit I Imagine a T10 CV Could do it Fairly Easily)

But its Doable.

Assault Planes with Rockets need the Motorboost. Otherwise they get Deleted before they Arrive.

Dive Bombers can do One Pass without Trouble and even without the Motorboost. Albeit you Should Press F after the Attack. As otherwise you will lose the Squad.

Torpedo Bombers can do One Pass and Continue Flying. They can do a Second Pass if the Kremlin is not Within an AA Blob.

With the Heal they can do a Second Pass even when there is other Ships around.

So Currently I am Sorry.

But Really. The CV thing is just bothering me too much as to care about the Soviet Bias.

Hell I cant even Say I would be Sad if Russian Bias caused them to be Immune to CVs.

Because right now I myself am so Annoyed by the CV Rework thing. That I am likely to Accept any Changes that are Negative for CVs purely out of Spite against them.

Dont take it too Hard.

As I said. I am not Denying that your Right with your Topic.

Its just that Right now the Broken CV Rework is not Really Allowing me to care about other Problems that Much.

9 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

snip

shot-19_06.16_06_40.07-0628.thumb.jpg.a6c42bd85e20bfeaab59088f8163a163.jpg

shot-19_06.16_06_41.30-0342.thumb.jpg.20f39bbdb2f43ac0f26c33cd48ad4301.jpg

snip

Players
2,878 posts
16,277 battles

Played Hakuruy so Kremlins were obvious first floating citadel target along with Yamato if no cruisers were present.

Slingshot AP bombs in, drop, boost and hit F, rinse repeat. 

Did notice i somtimes lost quite a few planes killing them if not careful to recall early, but still hit them for 8-25k every 30s or so.

Cant say about other CVs, since it wasn't out when i played Shokek and Lexi/Midway and i havn't met very many in Implantable.

11 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

So Kremlin does have one obscure (currently broken) counter (AP bombs).

It must be balanced then?

Players
9,829 posts
11,528 battles
9 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Played Hakuruy so Kremlins were obvious first floating citadel target along with Yamato if no cruisers were present.

Slingshot AP bombs in, drop, boost and hit F, rinse repeat. 

Did notice i somtimes lost quite a few planes killing them if not careful to recall early, but still hit them for 8-25k every 30s or so.

Cant say about other CVs, since it wasn't out when i played Shokek and Lexi/Midway and i havn't met very many in Implantable.

So Kremlin does have one obscure (currently broken) counter (AP bombs).

It must be balanced then?

Well, Elrazor refered to Enterprise which IIRC can citadel with her AP bombs and BB perfectly fills entire bomb crosshair, so 6/6 cits should be doable.

Still, case of fighting broken with broken ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Cool 1

[PARAZ]
Players
2,591 posts
12,809 battles
12 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

This is the first time ever I think I fundamentally disagree with you. Kreml (and Slava for now) AA is by far the most potent of the tX BBs, cause neverending powercreep. Together with her other characteristics she is broken AF. But people seem not to care in the wake of CV rage I guess.

WG certainly wants CVs to keep going for filthy DDs and cruisers I guess. As @El2aZeR always says: just as intended.

Players
9,829 posts
11,528 battles
6 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

This is the first time ever I think I fundamentally disagree with you. Kreml (and Slava for now) AA is by far the most potent of the tX BBs, cause neverending powercreep. Together with her other characteristics she is broken AF. But people seem not to care in the wake of CV rage I guess.

WG certainly wants CVs to keep going for filthy DDs and cruisers I guess. As @El2aZeR always says: just as intended.

I guess WG wanted to kill two birds with single stone - make CVs more popular and nerf those pesky unicums sneaking, capping and otherwise disturbing baBBies in their bow campfests:Smile_trollface:

Also, term "AA powerhouse" kinda lost its meaning, when every new ship get bigger and better AA.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,345 posts
25,561 battles
8 hours ago, Sunleader said:

until the CV Rework has been Fixed t

:cap_haloween:

:Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_popcorn: