You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ukio

Ranked matchmaking - thank you Wargaming!

46 comments in this topic

[OV]
Players
117 posts
9,506 battles

Theoretically I should have won one even if AFK. One of the games even did my personal DMG record... 

So thank you so much - having great fun out there - especially with loaner ships. The one who thought this is a good idea should be beaten with sticks!

image.png.2c226ce8c5e0d99622565d76bb500cdd.png

• Funny 3

[OV]
Players
117 posts
9,506 battles

Thanks but I play with Republic mostly and had good success so far - Rank5 - but suddenly this happens.

And there will surely be somebody coming with the "Learn to play" - no man, F you - 10 UNWINNABLE games. 

I guess nothing will change as WG is not fixing the MM for years.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
38 posts
7,793 battles
3 minutes ago, Ukio said:

Thanks but I play with Republic mostly and had good success so far - Rank5 - but suddenly this happens.

And there will surely be somebody coming with the "Learn to play" - no man, F you - 10 UNWINNABLE games. 

I guess nothing will change as WG is not fixing the MM for years.

I dropped from 6th rank to 12th playing Kurfurst, then stuck mostly around 10th, after switched to Hinden and slowly moved forward (7th now).

[CATS]
Players
26,144 posts
14,103 battles
  • You won one
  • In theory you do not have a guaranteed win, you can lose a 1000 times in a row, even if you were the best WoWs player ever

[LADA]
Players
544 posts
8,401 battles

^^ What he said. CVs generally get the damage + spotting XP so inevitably end up at the top of the team and save a star.

I have however noticed that the teams are more 'random' as people rank out. Less planning, not so such focus-fire, more running around - like random battles in fact. CVs are not so common at R5 or below and I've even had a run of no-CV games - even when they do appear they aren't all AP-slinging Hakus that demolish your CAs in a few runs. 

I've switched over from using the Minotaur (very handy vs. Haku spam/cheeky Grozovoi drivers) to the Yamato almost exclusively - much easier to stay alive, do plenty of damage, counter those bow-campers and generally do BB-type things. 

The upshot is that you're playing against (and with) the rest of us who haven't ranked up yet - welcome to the DREG ZONE!

[SLAPP]
Players
1,379 posts
8,601 battles

The best thing u can do is switching ship class and if that does not work just stop for a while.

i had a 23 % WR the other day by playing des moines only.

but then the next day i had a 77 % wr.

That is just ranked for you. 

[-AP-]
Players
2,492 posts
6,082 battles

At first sight, losing 9 games in a row seems statistically unlikely, but that is because you view it from the wrong perspective.

Humans like to view things from a perspective of themselves, aka the chances of you specifically loosing 9 games in a row, which makes it seem extremely unlikely, next to impossible for this to happen.

But when you take the perspective of an overviewing 3rd party, the picture becomes different:

Take all the wows players that are somewhat active on the forum, this is your sample size. Now, if all these players flipped a coin 9 times in a row, the average result would be 4,5 flips to one side. But with so many people flipping this coin, the odds that no one gets 9 same sides in a row are astronomically small, and of course, if you do get 9 same side coin flips, you will make a post about it, because it seems extremely unlikely.

The perceived chance that something will occur, can flip from seemingly impossible to seemingly unavoidable with a small perspective change of the data.

• Cool 1

Players
2,167 posts
7 hours ago, Ukio said:

Theoretically I should have won one even if AFK. One of the games even did my personal DMG record... 

So thank you so much - having great fun out there - especially with loaner ships. The one who thought this is a good idea should be beaten with sticks!

Oh you mean the great rental where any Tier 5 can play a game they are totally unsuited for... yeah I thought well done WG too... shhhh here's a secret.. they won't admit it but they're getting desperate...

Why else would WG pollute Tier 10 ranked battles.... and they wonder why they lose players...:Smile_sceptic::Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 2

[RONIN]
Players
1,662 posts
8,585 battles
14 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Oh you mean the great rental where any Tier 5 can play a game they are totally unsuited for... yeah I thought well done WG too... shhhh here's a secret.. they won't admit it but they're getting desperate...

Why else would WG pollute Tier 10 ranked battles.... and they wonder why they lose players...:Smile_sceptic::Smile_veryhappy:

You need to have a tier 8 ship to unlock rentals for ranked

• Cool 2

Players
2,167 posts
11 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

You need to have a tier 8 ship to unlock rentals for ranked

Sorry meant Tier 8...lolz... blame the Carlsberg.

They play like they're Tier 5..

edit: A new player say with only a few hundred games under their belt can buy a Tier 8 premium straight off the bat qualify for the rentals....yes?

[SLAPP]
Players
1,379 posts
8,601 battles

id rather have a new player in a rental ship then someone with 5000+ battles in a normal T10 who still cant play for crap tho 

[OV]
Players
117 posts
9,506 battles

Still it it very different to have one T8 Bismark and to jump on rental Gearing, right?

I managed to recover to R5, but it costed an arm and a leg.

In order my team to win, I had to make at least 150+K and survive or something really heroic ... , I am almost all the time 1-2 pos...and still almost no progress in ranking.

Players
566 posts

Stopped playing Ranked a week ago, not worth the salt. Played all the battles in Worcester cause that's the most familiar X-ship I have. I could have gone with KG, Yammu or Salem but I'm not that familiar with them to take them to a team-play. Oh how wrong I have been.

Lesson learned, next tier-X event I'm gonna free-exp. me a Conqueror.

[OV]
Players
117 posts
9,506 battles

... in at least 3 of these games I am on 1st place...thus not completely falling to R100000

FULL of clueless players who do not understand their role at all.

Thanks WG!

image.thumb.png.6cce10b4c66450a06f372174535de5b6.png

• Cool 1

[OM]
Players
219 posts
10,693 battles
On 6/15/2019 at 2:18 PM, Ukio said:

Its more than fine to me. And we played the same day.. Works as intended for a competitive mode Kappa 

Screenshot_9.png

Players
15 posts
11,315 battles

I just got tired, I have no reason to go on with this game. Get to the 4th and then push you at 8-12...and blind to be a victory you will get it!

σσσ.jpg

Players
142 posts
On 6/15/2019 at 1:38 PM, ColonelPete said:

In theory you do not have a guaranteed win, you can lose a 1000 times in a row, even if you were the best WoWs player ever

0.3 ^ 1000 = 1.3 x 10 -523 which is to say 0. followed be 522 zeros.

Don't hold your breath.

[CATS]
Players
26,144 posts
14,103 battles
1 minute ago, Operation_Crossroads_1 said:

0.3 ^ 1000 = 1.3 x 10 -523 which is to say 0. followed be 522 zeros.

Don't hold your breath.

It is theoretically possible. That is what the OP posted about: Theory.

If your chance is not 100%, it is not guaranteed.

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
On 6/15/2019 at 9:46 PM, Migantium_Mashum said:

edit: A new player say with only a few hundred games under their belt can buy a Tier 8 premium straight off the bat qualify for the rentals....yes?

yes

To be exact it's 130 matches to unlock the accountlevel to play ranked. (200 Total battles in the quote is to achieve the NEXT level which is Level 15 and currently the highest accountlevel you can reach in WoWS)

Spoiler

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Account_Level

Account Level 14

Number of battles to advance to the next level: 70 (Total battles: 200)
Reward for achieving this level: 3,000,000

Ranked Battles become accessible to players who have earned Account Level 14. Ranked Battles provide a more team-focused experience over Random Battles, while granting unique rewards up to and including reward ships that are only attainable by playing Ranked games! And at Level 14, a player first may hoist non-national Flags.

After that the player can just buy a premium T8 (if he doesn't already have a silver one), unlock rentals of the same class and play ranked. indeed.

On Topic:

I am still not at Tier 1 (didn't play much to be fair) but I agree. Rentals shouldn't be allowed in Ranked.

• Cool 1

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
312 posts
6,663 battles

What I fail to understand is why loaner ships are not balanced among the teams. Once MM sorted out the battle partecipants and there are e.g. 4 loaners in total, 2BB and 2CA, why dont split them 1BB+1CA per team? This is not going to interfere with MM wait time, as it will be applied AFTER the teams selection...

[JRM]
Players
6,283 posts
24,145 battles

Well not that i dont get wexed when losing streaks happen and my pc table got more then a fair share of bangs for wenting purposes but in time I came to view ranked simply as means to get some free :etc_swear: in the game, especially sprint, mm beeing what it is and with saving star mechanic all ranked is less of a skill based thing as persistance, if you have at lest the wery basic of competence in a ship you sail in rank you will eventually rank out - if you spam enough games... Your finall rank is just a factor of how much :etc_swear: you can endure before you go full ape and give up and how many games you can spam

[FLYD]
Players
1,356 posts
13,065 battles

Well this weekend was , testing... to say the least if it wasnt rentals it was harugumos or shimas that smoked themself and left your out to dry, battleships miles away form anything they can shoot, constant cruisers that flank so far away from anything relevant. It's a real bad season to say the least. Frankly illustrates how much the Saved star needs to go. :/

• Cool 1

[NKK]
Beta Tester
872 posts
9,564 battles
On 6/15/2019 at 9:46 PM, Migantium_Mashum said:

That's the idea. Well, I have barely touched ranked this season, just enough to get the 10% discount in repair costs.