You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Robustius

2 ramming bugs in 1 game. Do more people experience this?

17 comments in this topic

[-KT-]
[-KT-]
Beta Tester
84 posts
17,071 battles

10:35 on the clock, kurfurst rams kremlin, loses about 30-40 k hp, kremlin loses nothing.

8:50 on the clock 100 k kremlin rams 45 kremlin, jedi kremling loses 40 k fast en 5 slowly and dies. KT kremlin only loses 50 k HP and survives.

Did something change? I thought both ships would blow up normally.

Replay added.

20190614_150146_PRSB110-Sovetskaya-Rossiya_28_naval_mission.wowsreplay

[NOCAP]
[NOCAP]
Players
108 posts
4,560 battles

Ramming is kinda really bugged, I several times rammed full speed a bb in a cruiser, I of course sink and the bb gets barely any damage. 

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
322 posts
2,031 battles
2 hours ago, Robustius said:

10:35 on the clock, kurfurst rams kremlin, loses about 30-40 k hp, kremlin loses nothing.

8:50 on the clock 100 k kremlin rams 45 kremlin, jedi kremling loses 40 k fast en 5 slowly and dies. KT kremlin only loses 50 k HP and survives.

Did something change? I thought both ships would blow up normally.

Replay added.

20190614_150146_PRSB110-Sovetskaya-Rossiya_28_naval_mission.wowsreplay

Stalinium for the Win.

But Yeah. That Sounds like a Bug.

48 minutes ago, semiGM said:

Ramming is kinda really bugged, I several times rammed full speed a bb in a cruiser, I of course sink and the bb gets barely any damage. 

The Deciding factor for Ram Damage is your Max HP.

A Cruiser with 30k Max HP can on absolute best case only do these 30k with a High Speed Ram.

And thats Max Damage.

You might do like 20k and Sink.

So if you Ram a BB that got 70k HP with a Cruiser that has 33k Max HP he is likely going out of this Alive.

So its usually not a Good Idea to Ram BBs with a Cruiser.

Players
29 posts
1,613 battles

Ramming is a dark art, and having a ramming flag makes it even more confusing.

Can back up Sunleader though, I rammed a KGV in a Fiji a few moments ago, I was down to 7k, basically surrounded, and KGV was on 38k.

I died, obviously, but did exactly 31400 damage to KGV, exactly my starting HP.

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,097 posts
7,533 battles

What you all missed is the point that ramming isn't just about HP.

Ramming is not bugged, ramming is a rather complex mechanic. There are (at least) three parameters influencing the inflicted damage:

1. Max-HP of your ship,
  2. the relative velocity (speed and angle) between the two ships and
  3. the class of the ship ramming each other.

You will inflict maximum of your HP as damage. But only if the difference in speed and the contact angle is large enough. Ramming or rather "touching" an enemy ship with slow speed (below 5kn) and very shallow angle will greatly reduce the ramming damage. And even if you try to ram at maximum speed, if you are in a DD and try to ram a BB, you will also not inflict your maxHP as damage.

There is of course allways the possiblility that WG had changed something behind the mechanic without making it public. If you have doubts, go to a training room and try to reenact the impact.

[-GOD-]
Players
360 posts
14,482 battles

I've seen 2 bots with plenty of health in coop in bbs ram each other where 1 died and the other hardly got damaged. Seen it twice now.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
1,631 posts
9,757 battles

I tried to ram a 50k yammy in my 15k Kremlin, it was pretty well nose to nose, nothing happened immediately, I fired my guns again then I died and he took 40k damage about 20 seconds later

[SEN]
Players
439 posts

For all of you who still claim ramming is not bugged: look better here, and see how bugged is IN FACT;

PS - is PERSONAL experience ! , some days ago !

Ram occur at 24 kn.

Perfect bow-to-bow; (1.22 in vid).

Only the second ram, this time aiming my bow to his starboard, did damage to both of us. 

Bow-in ram is bugged.

I saw this happen several times to other players, and somehow,  doubted, until happen to me.

A game before I rammed in my wounded dd (30% HP) an almost full HP Algerie.

I hit him right in the middle, lateral, with my bow,  and we both exploded.

But bow-in ram, there is a lottery now - you can expect this (see vid below) to happen.

ZERO DAMAGE !

[SEN]
Players
439 posts
2 hours ago, Salentine said:

I tried to ram a 50k yammy in my 15k Kremlin, it was pretty well nose to nose, nothing happened immediately, I fired my guns again then I died and he took 40k damage about 20 seconds later

Seems to be a bug...  you say damage register 20 sec LATER ??

[RUR]
Beta Tester
12 posts
13,996 battles

Seen in battle 2 BBs in ranked ramming each other. Both had health about 30%, contact head on, speed at 3/4 or full (fast in any case). Bounced off and stopped with no visible impact on health bars. Should have sunk both of them, flag or no flag at that HP, instead looked like team mates collided.  

[SEN]
Players
439 posts
1 hour ago, DreadOleRon said:

Seen in battle 2 BBs in ranked ramming each other. Both had health about 30%, contact head on, speed at 3/4 or full (fast in any case). Bounced off and stopped with no visible impact on health bars. Should have sunk both of them, flag or no flag at that HP, instead looked like team mates collided.  

It is a bug, I hope...

Players
1,908 posts
12,095 battles

Glad someone else think it is bugged. I just had something really strange happen.

Rammed a QE with my Pyotr veliki, my bow into the rear part of QE broadside. Was in a full speed turn (which is like 15 knots? in that tub?). I died and QE took only 28531 hp damage.

QE has 55300 max hp

Pyotr 51100 max hp

Even if QE had ramming flag on, 80% of 51100 is >> 28k. WTF?? (replay included below)

shot-19_06.16_23_56.37-0182.thumb.jpg.39d933965d2ee7a92fde9bb2708fe8bc.jpg

On 6/15/2019 at 8:42 AM, principat121 said:

You will inflict maximum of your HP as damage. But only if the difference in speed and the contact angle is large enough. Ramming or rather "touching" an enemy ship with slow speed (below 5kn) and very shallow angle will greatly reduce the ramming damage. And even if you try to ram at maximum speed, if you are in a DD and try to ram a BB, you will also not inflict your maxHP as damage.

There is of course allways the possiblility that WG had changed something behind the mechanic without making it public. If you have doubts, go to a training room and try to reenact the impact.

Take a look at this too.

On 6/15/2019 at 12:26 PM, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Two NCs full speed collide and they bump like friendlies?

Considering what I just experienced and what was recorded in the video above, there is no doubt in my mind some ramming bug is around.

@MrConway

@Tuccy

Did any changes to ramming mechanics happen, or known bugs?

This looks like some crazy crap.

20190616_231935_PRSB105-Pyotr-Velikiy_50_Gold_harbor.wowsreplay

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,667 posts
2,557 battles
11 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Glad someone else think it is bugged. I just had something really strange happen.

Rammed a QE with my Pyotr veliki, my bow into the rear part of QE broadside. Was in a full speed turn (which is like 15 knots? in that tub?). I died and QE took only 28531 hp damage.

QE has 55300 max hp

Pyotr 51100 max hp

Even if QE had ramming flag on, 80% of 51100 is >> 28k. WTF?? (replay included below)

shot-19_06.16_23_56.37-0182.thumb.jpg.39d933965d2ee7a92fde9bb2708fe8bc.jpg

Take a look at this too.

Two NCs full speed collide and they bump like friendlies?

Considering what I just experienced and what was recorded in the video above, there is no doubt in my mind some ramming bug is around.

@MrConway

@Tuccy

Did any changes to ramming mechanics happen, or known bugs?

This looks like some crazy crap.

20190616_231935_PRSB105-Pyotr-Velikiy_50_Gold_harbor.wowsreplay

We currently have a known bug when it comes to ramming damage calculation, it should be fixed in an upcoming update! :)

• Cool 2

[EST]
[EST]
Players
913 posts
19,642 battles
On 6/17/2019 at 12:44 PM, MrConway said:

We currently have a known bug when it comes to ramming damage calculation, it should be fixed in an upcoming update! :)

Nothing in patch notes about it, so not fixed?