Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

The new premium ship policy

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
4,370 posts
19,067 battles

I guess the new best-selling item for WG is the tier 9 premiums. 

Probably, because of the fuked-up MM on tier 8,  players don t buy tier 8 premiums anymore. Why would any sane (in his mind) person pay 40-50 euros for the privilege to be the bottom tier in more then half of the games?! 

So, instead of admitting they ruined the MM, WG is marketing tier 9 premiums now, who can be obtained by a load of resources, or by cash in premium shop. 

Now, when Black and Missouri came as the first tier 9 premiums, you could not buy them with money at all. But you can buy all this avalanche of tier 9 premiums, and, which is even better, you have to pay more, cause they are a tier higher.

Lets hope WG will not start selling tier 10 premiums... 

  • Cool 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
17 posts
18 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Now, when Black and Missouri came as the first tier 9 premiums, you could not buy them with money at all. But you can buy all this avalanche of tier 9 premiums, and, which is even better, you have to pay more, cause they are a tier higher.

Lets hope WG will not start selling tier 10 premiums... 

Its only a matter of time.  I have given up on depending on any consistency by WG from  one day to the next. 

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,809 posts
245 battles

In before tiers 11 and 12 are a thing and they sell premiums at that level. i reckon a tier 10 ship will cost like £80's for BB's £75 for cruisers and £65 for DD's (maybe).

 

Mind you wargaming promises one thing and gives you something else entirely (or the opposite)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PORT]
Modder
1,640 posts
11,876 battles

I'm with you OP, sadly T8-MM has gone utterly bad - but on the other hand as long as I can get these ships simply by playing (coal/free XP) I cannot complain. :cap_yes:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
1,925 posts
336 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

I guess the new best-selling item for WG is the tier 9 premiums. 

Probably, because of the fuked-up MM on tier 8,  players don t buy tier 8 premiums anymore. Why would any sane (in his mind) person pay 40-50 euros for the privilege to be the bottom tier in more then half of the games?! 

So, instead of admitting they ruined the MM, WG is marketing tier 9 premiums now, who can be obtained by a load of resources, or by cash in premium shop. 

Now, when Black and Missouri came as the first tier 9 premiums, you could not buy them with money at all. But you can buy all this avalanche of tier 9 premiums, and, which is even better, you have to pay more, cause they are a tier higher.

Lets hope WG will not start selling tier 10 premiums... 

let them sell if or money, why not....just leave some ships obtainable only thrue competitive game play (steel)

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
1,600 posts
13,609 battles

You could in a way buy MO. Convert free XP. Although i agree. T8 should be the highest tier you can buy. Also, you should lose credits by playing T10s. I can play a T10 ship without premium and still earn 200-300k. No point playing lower tiers when you can play top tier and earn a bunch of credits. 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,291 posts
8,266 battles

People playing this game are so bad at tier 10 it doesn't matter what tier of ship they are selling anymore.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,114 posts
27,389 battles
2 hours ago, veslingr said:

let them sell if or money, why not....just leave some ships obtainable only thrue competitive game play (steel)

I guess we can always have for example the Super-Yamato only obtainable for those with over 25.000 battles so that no inappropriate figures can get her.

 

This game has a lot of naval fans among its players so it is unwise to restrict ships in the long run, first obtainable perhaps or as prizes but not exclusivity. And it should be alternative ways to get same ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,809 posts
245 battles
6 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

I guess we can always have for example the Super-Yamato only obtainable for those with over 25.000 battles so that no inappropriate figures can get her.

 

This game has a lot of naval fans among its players so it is unwise to restrict ships in the long run, first obtainable perhaps or as prizes but not exclusivity. And it should be alternative ways to get same ship.

I want that german ship with 20 inch guns as well if they ever add the super yammy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
1,716 posts
6,474 battles

I apreciate that wg gives us different options to purchase her coal and money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
619 posts
4,576 battles

But...but! If WG doesn't sell T9 premiums, Viktor can't swim in his 24 karate private swimming pool.

 

How could you not think of his welfare guys..

 

#DeleteT9PremiumsFromShop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,755 posts
7,919 battles

How much did I pay for Yukikaze?  Can't recall.  lets say £35.  Totally worth it.  Having a great time and actually don't mind being "bottom tier," at all.

 

 

I just bought Georgia.  Didn't cost me anything except an in- game currency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,431 posts
5,383 battles
2 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

How much did I pay for Yukikaze?  Can't recall.  lets say £35.  Totally worth it.  Having a great time and actually don't mind being "bottom tier," at all.

 

 

I just bought Georgia.  Didn't cost me anything except an in- game currency.

downvotes_airplane.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,370 posts
19,067 battles
43 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

downvotes_airplane.gif

Let me translate for him:

You mean carriers will piss on him?! :Smile_veryhappy:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
2,718 posts
9,969 battles
14 hours ago, 22cm said:

Probably, because of the fuked-up MM on tier 8,  players don t buy tier 8 premiums anymore.

 

Dont forget the fact that T7 had (at least 6 months ago) a reputation of being still "playable" so ofc WG wants to fix that. Sell enough T9s, ruin T7 - mission accomplished.

 

These sort of p2w economies are always geared towards either the highest tier (or T9 premiums in this case that can play T10 without being pure food; and farm T8 + 7 as pure food ofc) or .......... you suffer. Pick your poison.

 

Ofc WG also doesnt want people to see how shitty their scheme is before they are hooked, before they are invested and are more likely to stay. Therefore everything is T5 and up when it comes to events/missions. Doesnt keep ALL the sealclubbers away ofc but imagine a mission marathon: Get 100 wins. Condition: RU Battleships. If that was the case: Somerwhere in the distance I can hear the turbines of triple OPerat0r divisions starting to fire up .....

 

50 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

 

 

 

Those are the 2 which I remember from back in the day .....:Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface: (second one is the better one because of  "REEEEEEEE":Smile_trollface:)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,431 posts
5,383 battles
41 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Let me translate for him:

You mean carriers will piss on him?! :Smile_veryhappy:

These are down votes ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,227 posts
3,640 battles
15 hours ago, veslingr said:

let them sell if or money, why not....just leave some ships obtainable only thrue competitive game play (steel)

That is indeed a good idea, but then you get every potato in the game going into ranked wanting some steel, same reasons why people want to rush to tie X, the  want the top dogs in their ports, and we all know of the furore rental ships have caused.

 

My other thoughts on tier 9 premiums is that really premiums should stop at tier 8, but as they are there, too late now to stop the flood, now if they sold the Black, the Flint and the Missouri for cash, can you imagine the revenue what would flow into their vodka palaces, let alone the shitstorm from the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGHF]
Players
158 posts
5,184 battles

NoobySkooby, if MM wasn't so tragic for T8, then sure.  Unfortunately there is such a power gap between T8 and certain T10 ships that I can understand people not touching T8 premiums.

 

Play is also just as tragic (if not moreso) at T10 compared to T8 so what's the big deal really?

 

Steel ships should be a variant of an already existing ship that is not more powerful than a silver/premium ship but just gives a different play experience.  The last thing the game needs is better players with OP ships.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,091 posts
14,053 battles
On 6/14/2019 at 6:06 PM, MortenTardo said:

You could in a way buy MO. Convert free XP. Although i agree. T8 should be the highest tier you can buy. Also, you should lose credits by playing T10s. I can play a T10 ship without premium and still earn 200-300k. No point playing lower tiers when you can play top tier and earn a bunch of credits. 

There are a couple of major drawbacks with that plan, regardless of any other advantages it has.

a) Ranked battles at tier 10

b) Clan battles at tier 10

Lots of players will react angily at having to pay to take part in ranked and clan battles, and refuse to play.

The major thrust of all the competiitions and rewards from Wargaming is to get people to play more, so such a move runs totally contrary to what they want to achieve.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BABBY]
Players
385 posts
8,000 battles
23 hours ago, CptBarney said:

I want that german ship with 20 inch guns as well if they ever add the super yammy.

With that size you could probably blindfire a map sector where it was last spotted and score hits...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
155 posts
2,956 battles

Who gives a damn anymore. This will turn into another "He said, she said" drama. I'm sure Missouri had its moment on the forums when it was out (I'm quite sure it did).

 

What would really fix the issue with Tier 8 battles? I'd say limit the Ship to -1/+1. 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
44 posts

Forgive me here, I have dedicated thousands of hours to WOT. I played there since closed beta and knowing what has happened there I can see what has and will happen here. The model is flawed, like all models...

 

There is no easy fix. Roll with the punches of install the plane game...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
1,600 posts
13,609 battles
On 6/15/2019 at 8:51 PM, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

There are a couple of major drawbacks with that plan, regardless of any other advantages it has.

a) Ranked battles at tier 10

b) Clan battles at tier 10

Lots of players will react angily at having to pay to take part in ranked and clan battles, and refuse to play.

The major thrust of all the competiitions and rewards from Wargaming is to get people to play more, so such a move runs totally contrary to what they want to achieve.

Easy fix. Move ranked and clanwars away from T10. Back to T8 as it was planned back in the day. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SOG-]
Players
147 posts
3,832 battles

I don't see the issue. Honestly, there are lots of T8s I enjoy very much even with T10 MM. Things like Edinburgh are rough to play, though, especially considering the vast majority of DDs do not give a crap about spotting. In fact, the latter is exactly why I play DD a lot more now than ever. The skill gap is fun to exploit :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×