You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_HMS_RICHY

Simple answer to the Mega Stomps

172 comments in this topic

[WONLY]
Players
298 posts
11,474 battles

Yeah it's usually idiot BBs (mostly in a BB-Div) running away from the cap they spawn, giving the enemy team already a ~150 points lead by the time they arrive on the other side of the map where they get crossfired since the flank they left is open. And ofc the usual shimakaze main.... charging forward, with flak activated, unable to stop in his own smoke while being wrecked by the enemy CV.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,910 posts
7,120 battles

There is no skill match maker and you can't forbid worse player playing this game, so it's kinda normal if this happens

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[B0TS]
Players
142 posts
16,530 battles

What i'd like to know is how can they enjoy a game playing so bad?. Is this fun for them?.

Failing all the way up the tiers is impressive and more and more join the ranks.

• Cool 3

[BLITZ]
Players
2,535 posts
9,821 battles
49 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

This.

Get off me!

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Players
403 posts
8,787 battles

Dunno how you can get a WR that bad, I think being AFK will still give you above what they were getting, I can only think that they must actively be trying to lose :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2

[XTREM]
[XTREM]
Players
409 posts
10,110 battles

Is it a bot?

How is it even possible to be this consistently crap all across the board 

• Cool 1

[RBMF]
501 posts
6,713 battles

worldburn-top.jpg.a93d4fdf7b0ff19eb0bdf94f074b0ce9.jpg

Now seriously some people may just want to chill, play casual or relax or maybe don't feel the need to put in any effort (which lets be honest, doesn't require a lot to even think about basic mechanics) or perhaps they've not played videogames before. The problem I have with this isn't that these people play the game, it's the fact that if anyone has been playing the game for the past 4 years like I have then you know how hard it used to be to actually grind and play the game. Back when in the day, you used to get more draws than wins or defeats. And you did not have consumable and perma camos that give the rewards like they do now. Credits and FreeXP were harder to obtain, WoWS premium didn't exist so instead of a 65% bonus it was 50%. On top of that ships were easy to punish when making simple mistakes, we've had what I consider silly nerfs. Such as torpedo detection changes on IJN DDs and lowering the citadel on high-tier US BBs. And then there was the silly additions, British BBs that have strong HE and very low citadel, premium T9 and T10 ships some of which you could get with no prior or little experience. 

I don't blame people for making their way to T10 without knowing much, I blame WG for setting the game up that way. I feel the game requires very little effort to do well, but because of the amount of people today in the high-tiers with little experience you do have to work ridiculously hard most the time not because the enemy team are good but because in most cases you have to do your own teammates' job and a lot of the time it still denies you the victory. I don't enjoy that, I don't enjoy losing or winning that way. What I really enjoy and miss, is when I got close-victories that got my blood pumping consistently. It is nothing short of frustrating when I lose even after having given my team a pull and done well only to see that when it is up to them, they mess it up. I can expect that at the lower tier sometimes, but honestly T5-7 players play better than most at T10. 

That is something I'm enjoying with the Russian Battleships and glad to see, slow and sluggish with limited tanking due to the unique Damage Control and when they make a mistake are easy to punish. But in the right hands, can tank plenty of AP and a good amount of HE and reward pushing in a bit, angling and good aim. This is something the game sorely needed, I just really wish that future lines are like that and that perhaps some older lines *cough* British Battleships *cough* will get a similar treatment. Seriously I was looking really forward to British BBs thanks to the Warspite, but what a disappointment... 

If you read this far, thanks. 

• Cool 14
  • Bad 1

Players
1,061 posts
9,062 battles

Even if I'm really bad at something, for example tennis, I really want to win. I can't play a thousand tennis matches and not be bothered by the amount of losses. Even if I don't put in the effort to win. I don't know how these people enjoy it. Totally different mindset. 

• Cool 5

[HEROS]
Players
314 posts
8 hours ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

What i'd like to know is how can they enjoy a game playing so bad?. Is this fun for them?.

Failing all the way up the tiers is impressive and more and more join the ranks.

So far, you have played nearly 300 ranked games this season with a winrate below 48% and you are asking others if it is fun to play so bad? Interesting...

• Funny 3

[NWP]
Players
5,181 posts
6,644 battles
8 hours ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

Dunno how you can get a WR that bad, I think being AFK will still give you above what they were getting, I can only think that they must actively be trying to lose :Smile_sceptic:

I think being AFK is sometimes less bad than what some teammates produce. Having an AFK in my team, i know that we are one guy less, so can play around it. Having a DD ahead of me, which island camps or smokes the enemy is worse than having an AFK guy :cap_fainting:

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
8,188 posts
10,715 battles
8 hours ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

8 hours ago, Miragetank90 said:

Is it a bot?

I've seen bots have a higher average winrate (and yes, an account playing around a 100 games a day, every day of the week is pretty damn sure to be a bot). There is a point where simply being effectively nonexistent (i.e.: AFK) is less of a strain on a team than a person that's apparently actively trying to be as bad as possible.

4 hours ago, CptMinia said:

Now seriously some people may just want to chill, play casual or relax or maybe don't feel the need to put in any effort (which lets be honest, doesn't require a lot to even think about basic mechanics) [...]

Honestly, that line of thought has no place in a multiplayer game. If people just want to relax without putting in any effort or whatever, they should play a singleplayer game. There they can have fun whenever and however they want without inconveniencing 11 teammates everytime they press 'Enter Battle'.

• Cool 4

[GWDYS]
Players
510 posts
3,241 battles
31 minutes ago, niclasknig said:

I have to admit i m one of these below 30% bots:(

Screenshot_20190614-100233_Chrome.jpg

Looks so good, yet so bad :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[B0TS]
Players
142 posts
16,530 battles
2 hours ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

So far, you have played nearly 300 ranked games this season with a winrate below 48% and you are asking others if it is fun to play so bad? Interesting...

Well ranked is a complete sh@t show as we all know right now, it's like randoms but more annoying. Seeing rental shima's ect.. great idea WG oh the fun.

And even my solo win rate is my 54% in randoms and 57% div up, oh you failed to mention that.

Nice hidden account DemonGuard so people can't pull you down?.

[B0TS]
Players
142 posts
16,530 battles

And here is a more and more common result of skill disparity. And really this shouldn't happen if things were a bit more balanced.

And this was on a flamu stream.

shot-19.06.11_21.17.46-0630.jpg

• Cool 2

[B0TS]
Players
142 posts
16,530 battles
Just now, _HMS_RICHY said:

And here is a more and more common result of skill disparity. And really this shouldn't happen if things were a bit more balanced.

I guess Flamu was having fun?. no he wasn't I watched the stream later, as he checked some of the players stats. He was not a happy bunny. But some seem okay with these ever increasing steam rolls. Including WG it's time for a better MM.

[NWP]
Players
5,181 posts
6,644 battles
14 minutes ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

Well, your tashkent is a 45% (35% on Tashkent) player with abysmal stats. Enemy Z is 50% and even 55% in his Z (but with meh stats too, so seems to be rather lucky with small amount of matches)

But what should the MM do? You guys are playing 3x div with good players. Enemy team had flamu. Your CV seemed to be good aswell, while enemy CV sucked [edited]. Who knows what would have happened if only the 2 CVs would have been swapped? Maybe suddenly your team would have collapsed, maybe not resulting in an equal roflstomp, but its hard to say who or what was at fault for that stomp.

Btw, looking at enemy team and saying they were bad is pretty one sided. Only because noone from your team died doesnt mean they were all capable. Your team had bad players too, tashkent and HIV f.e. arent by any means good or even average. And thats only 2 i looked at.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,903 posts
15,958 battles

@OP so what is the solution?

[HEROS]
Players
314 posts
1 hour ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

Well ranked is a complete sh@t show as we all know right now, it's like randoms but more annoying. Seeing rental shima's ect.. great idea WG oh the fun.

And even my solo win rate is my 54% in randoms and 57% div up, oh you failed to mention that.

Nice hidden account DemonGuard so people can't pull you down?.

These kind of PvP games tend to snowballing, because the team which loses 1-2 players (ships) early on has to fight an uphill battle.
I can't see how my stats would be relevant to your struggle to deal with those stomps.
Random battles are just that: random players thrown together. WG stated multiple times that this is going to stay the way it is. WG is fine with people who just want to shoot some stuff (except teammates ofc) without caring about anything else. And you never know if a player is playing bad, because he has a disability.
In the more "competitive" ranked game mode, you are detrimental to your team yourself, so what's the point of this whole thread.

[TSSU]
Players
76 posts
3,609 battles
2 hours ago, _HMS_RICHY said:

I played a game the other day which was an utter stomp and I was "gah, they've got 2 teams of 3 vs our team having 1 of 2". Then I remembered you can look at the win rate of the competitors. 

Posted about it in the MM thread as I couldn't help but wonder that MM couldn't have made things a *little* more fair and balanced?

It was:

Our highest was 58%, 55% then next was me at 53. The rest are 49/50% with 2 players being 43% and 44%.

Their team? 62%, 60%,  60%, 60%, 59%, 59%, 56%, 53%, 50%, 49%, 49%, 44%

It felt like it couldn't have been less balanced if you tried. Someone pointed out it should balance over 1000 games, the question I have is why it's so unbalanced for 1 game regardless of long term balancing out :D

Players
1,227 posts
3,640 battles
3 hours ago, Aotearas said:

I've seen bots have a higher average winrate (and yes, an account playing around a 100 games a day, every day of the week is pretty damn sure to be a bot). There is a point where simply being effectively nonexistent (i.e.: AFK) is less of a strain on a team than a person that's apparently actively trying to be as bad as possible.

Honestly, that line of thought has no place in a multiplayer game. If people just want to relax without putting in any effort or whatever, they should play a singleplayer game. There they can have fun whenever and however they want without inconveniencing 11 teammates everytime they press 'Enter Battle'.

So in your mind then to play this game people have to be totally utterly dedicated to it 24/7? Sadly dude there is not a game in the world that requires or will hold people interest if that is the case,people rush to tier X because off the big bag bad mega doofer guns are there, so of course people will want them, tier X is just an end game to me. It is also a goal to get to, take away the goal, take away point in playing the game. 

So have you never ever come home from the pub, like a drunken sailor and wanted to just blap some crap, fire those guns and explode into space?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,227 posts
3,640 battles
1 hour ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

These kind of PvP games tend to snowballing, because the team which loses 1-2 players (ships) early on has to fight an uphill battle.
I can't see how my stats would be relevant to your struggle to deal with those stomps.
Random battles are just that: random players thrown together. WG stated multiple times that this is going to stay the way it is. WG is fine with people who just want to shoot some stuff (except teammates ofc) without caring about anything else. And you never know if a player is playing bad, because he has a disability.
In the more "competitive" ranked game mode, you are detrimental to your team yourself, so what's the point of this whole thread.

Aha the disability argument, I always feel that this a hidden insult to both those not disabled an those that are, nothing wrong in being a pro, nothing wrong in being very casual either.

• Boring 1