Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Baylor98

Realistic Speed?

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[CAPT]
Players
40 posts
10,224 battles

 

I knew that ship speeds are exaggerated for better gameplay but I did a quick calculation after a game using the Minsk. I covered 17.03 km in 2.55 minutes (I sank two ships so don't judge!), so was doing an average of 219 mph! If speeds were maybe a smidge more realistic would it be better or worse?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

That is because time is compressed. If you wanted realistic speeds, it would mean battles would last for 20 hours instead of 20 minutes.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KG_CZ]
[KG_CZ]
Beta Tester
120 posts
10,214 battles

Depends, how long would you like to battle last...it would take forever just to sail out of cap + Russian DDs are one of the fastest, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,819 posts
10,972 battles
51 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

That is because time is compressed. If you wanted realistic speeds, it would mean battles would last for 20 hours instead of 20 minutes.

The Q&A by BadPreacher and Sub_Octavian dated September 13:

"The speeds of ships, torpedoes and planes are increased by a factor 5.22 relative the ballistic meter."

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TALOS]
Players
272 posts
10,264 battles

how fast r the torps?

I find that my shells where 3x faster than the specs says

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TALOS]
Players
272 posts
10,264 battles
On 6/13/2019 at 7:42 PM, B0Tato said:

The Q&A by BadPreacher and Sub_Octavian dated September 13:

"The speeds of ships, torpedoes and planes are increased by a factor 5.22 relative the ballistic meter."

 

i find that is near 4x not 5x for Kaiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
877 posts
9,935 battles
On 6/14/2019 at 1:42 AM, Baylor98 said:

 

I knew that ship speeds are exaggerated for better gameplay but I did a quick calculation after a game using the Minsk. I covered 17.03 km in 2.55 minutes (I sank two ships so don't judge!), so was doing an average of 219 mph! If speeds were maybe a smidge more realistic would it be better or worse?

This is why you can sail away from planes ingame. I've played realistic naval games, and this isn't one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester, Players
495 posts
5,291 battles

here is a good video on speed in wows being annualized

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQwEfaNJu-8&t=2s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×